ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

What do you all think her look will be for the new era? I have this thought that she will give us burgundy or some form of dark red hair that will be styled and cascaded for death. In regards to her clothing, I am thinking that she will serve us immaculate gowns and high fashion labels.

She mentioned a song called MTWBT, the album title remains unknown...

I know, but she clearly has considered it for an album title as well.

It was a joke btw, i'll keep stanning even if she names the album "Music to suck dick to"

What do you all think her look will be for the new era? I have this thought that she will give us burgundy or some form of dark red hair that will be styled and cascaded for death. In regards to her clothing, I am thinking that she will serve us immaculate gowns and high fashion labels.

I feel like she's over that. I could be wrong tho

I still miss the album that could have been, the ones the five untouchables would have fit on. I was so excited about it when she described it as "spiritual and stripped back" ugh. Those songs are so good, I hope there's that lyric style on the next one and the lovely choruses.

I have gold in my veins

Is she trying to finally get rid of me and the other 27 loyal straight male fans with this album title??

& her 2 lesbian fans ;)

nah, i'm so used to her music being hyper-heterosexual at this point. oh well. just give me good music!

let me be who i'm meant to be

back to blonde because of her Lizzy instagram icon  :flutter:

I'm so intrigued by this as well. I'm absolutely in love with how meticulous she is in forming imagery for each era that reflects the music and brings it to life visually. We Lipsters are so geh. :toofunny:

I'm thinking long, curly dark blond hair like the Born to Die video or:

http://lanadelreyfan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=9373&fullsize=1

She seemed interested in why people respect her more when she has dark hair, so I could see her stubborn self challenging this by going blonde. She'll probably match it with 50s jazz club attire.

Just a week or two ago I started re-visiting AKA and I can say it is her best album so far, imo. So much diversity on that album, none of her albums have offered us.It's a shame she is not re-relasing it or recreating these songs live, especially since she complains about playing the same songs over and over. She should be the last popstar to complain about lack of material. And just these days, here we go, she seems to show interest in her past look and all. So I hope that she slightly goes back to that direction in terms of style, songwriting and sound. Uptempo songs like Raise Me Up or Jump or Queen Of The Gas Station are perfect and suit her so well. 

I bet she will finish writing for this album before the tour starts and at this point, I highly doubt she will tour outside of North America. In the rest of the world she had a sales decline between 70-85 % anyway, so finishing this album and make a short tour seems to be the right thing to do.

Just a week or two ago I started re-visiting AKA and I can say it is her best album so far, imo. So much diversity on that album, none of her albums have offered us.It's a shame she is not re-relasing it or recreating these songs live, especially since she complains about playing the same songs over and over. She should be the last popstar to complain about lack of material. And just these days, here we go, she seems to show interest in her past look and all. So I hope that she slightly goes back to that direction in terms of style, songwriting and sound. Uptempo songs like Raise Me Up or Jump or Queen Of The Gas Station are perfect and suit her so well. 

I bet she will finish writing for this album before the tour starts and at this point, I highly doubt she will tour outside of North America. In the rest of the world she had a sales decline between 70-85 % anyway, so finishing this album and make a short tour seems to be the right thing to do.

AKA is far superior compared to everything else she's ever written. It could've been the start of something great but I honestly don't know what made her change, it's so perfect...  :teehee:

I know, but she clearly has considered it for an album title as well.

It was a joke btw, i'll keep stanning even if she names the album "Music to suck dick to"

I was actually praying that the album was called like that :hooker:

& her 2 lesbian fans ;)

nah, i'm so used to her music being hyper-heterosexual at this point. oh well. just give me good music!

My thoughts too. Call me old fashioned, but I don't think a girl singing about lusting after boys can be considered gay

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I'd love her no matter what direction she went as long as it was clear she was still in control of her output (and, of course, as long as I still enjoyed the music) but I'm actually elated at the suggestion she may again explore her "surf noir" genre (still my favourite phrase of hers) as this could lead to some great radio-friendly hits (I'm aware Lana has never prioritised charting but hey I haven't heard a good song on the radio in years, it would be awful generous of her to provide us with a good, well written jam...even if it did mean she'd have to tolerate an increase in those awful tumblr fans she was able to shake off with UV) because I get the feeling her label was just getting more and more irritated with her when she got stubborn (it seems the failings of many great minds was in their backbones) and this may repair her relationship with interscope. It's always inspiring when your idol stands up for themselves but not at the cost of Lana's music.

But like I said whatever direction she chooses, I'll be happy as long as she is.

back to blonde because of her Lizzy instagram icon :flutter:

I'm so intrigued by this as well. I'm absolutely in love with how meticulous she is in forming imagery for each era that reflects the music and brings it to life visually. We Lipsters are so geh. :toofunny:

I'm thinking long, curly dark blond hair like the Born to Die video or:http://lanadelreyfan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=9373&fullsize=1

She seemed interested in why people respect her more when she has dark hair, so I could see her stubborn self challenging this by going blonde. She'll probably match it with 50s jazz club attire.

I forgot about blonde as an option. Hmm. I just want something thoughtful and authentic to her.

UV sold much more than BTD in South America, though!

i honestly don't see her changing her look for the new album- i personally think she doesn't really care about her "looks" anymore and she just wants everyone to focus on her music and lyrics. though i wouldn't mind a switch up (and a better stylist), i don't see that happening   :P  

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_stati

i honestly don't see her changing her look for the new album- i personally think she doesn't really care about her "looks" anymore and she just wants everyone to focus on her music and lyrics. though i wouldn't mind a switch up (and a better stylist), i don't see that happening   :P  

Well, fashion-wise, I don't think the Lana 'image' will ever change drastically... she dyes her hair back and forth frequently, from black to red to brown to blonde, but musically is where the focus is at. I definitely think she'll take a jazzier approach for LP4, but not anything like Cheek to Cheek...  :eartha: