Lana Del Rey

Last Movie You Watched?

All of us strangers. 

blistering. Disruptive. Delicate. Fluid. Sorting out the layers on how I feel about it. Tears painted my face but god. Distressing. Marvelous. but bottom line, a kind of personal north star on how important it is to break through. That’s what Imm taking from it anyway.

Was thinking maybe it might be good to watch with someone, but I’m glad I watched it alone. It’s just. Heavy
feeling like if you watched it with someone, you'd have to be real close, or close enough for them to know you like that bc. under diff circumstances- let's just say it's not a first date watch of a film, it's like, a happy couple w time in of a watch of a film. whew.

whew. 

UV/Honeymoon

I'm annoyed. this movie actually elicited some genuine concern out of me for the characters like. first off.

*spoiler warning* I get it. I get it- but why'd it have to end that way. i'm annoyed at how things ended for the characters it's just- and now he's just gonna be stuck there? absolutely shakespearean. mythic. poignant, a photograph. in my own mind, self-aware, placing in the story, he ends up moving on after staying a while, resolution, and finds his own self, healed and learned to let go. awful. meandering to a haze. i'm so annoyed!! 

UV/Honeymoon

13 minutes ago, Valley Of The Serene Queen said:

a walk to remember :toofloppy:

beautiful film btw, I forget how it ends exactly but the way he carries on even without her. changed him for the better, the love was special no doubt. may you walk with someone you'll end up being with too. paralleling the film, personally want the same, rooting for us if as well for you, if anything. a beautiful film. 

UV/Honeymoon

last comment about the film aforementioned but just. oh- 

I'm glad that the main character was able to resolve that in his world, I genuinely think it fits the pathway of finding this all-consuming sort of love as he replays and reconfigures things but I truly just can't help but feel devastated for him. it's surreal in and of itself, or depends on how you look at things from different styles and perspectives- I think to preserve such an ideal as love is definitely great- oof. preserving and cocooning but at least for me? 

I'm not sure the outcome of the film should've been the end. it's comforting, despite that from an outsider's pov it might seem disillusioned, but. I understand in how preserving and invertedly doing so immortalizes the love- it's heartwarming and inspiring in that vein but. I wish the film furthered past the last scene just a little more. I disliked how it just ended there. KLA8L0p.gif

UV/Honeymoon

Oh god I think I enjoyed Madame Web. Like, at first ironically, well. Dakota Johnson seemed aware of what she was going for at the start w her brand of humor. 
Then it got a bit disjointed. And aside from some weird transition of scenes, it was actually pretty enjoyable. 

I think they really were going for that dated early 2000s vibe or at least they were lucky that it worked out like that. 

Didn’t really like the villain’s writing, nor the awkward frames where they were trying to highlight web visuals from the curtains/windows. 
I think the director could've definitely used better, more eerie use of angles to portray a sense of uneasiness instead of just having it plain landscape. 

The last third had a pretty cohesive direction to it in the last battle scene. 

It felt like Dakota’s choice was to play self aware audience member, but at times just felt too close to celebrity talk show Dakota Johnson, but also at times, felt like a more coy, female version of Paul Rudd’a Antman. 

Then that one scene at the end was just- like. I literally had to laugh bc they couldve used the last scene to her still being active like Daredevil, instead *spoiler alert* they had her play this like, Charles Xavier moment. The last group team assemble scene had me cracking up, bc it felt like it sealed a comedic touch to the film when Dakota smiled. 

I think if it was directed a bit better and had more use of idk better technique and more of a flow, it would’ve felt less like a Doja Cat Streets music video (which, the latter is it’s own thing def but) and more of meeting it’s actual potential. 

The ingredients were more or less all there, but the flow and integration of the parts and how much of them being actual parts was lacking. 

Was a lot better than I expected, but I can see where the studios and rights got in the way of having the film turn out the way it did. 

UV/Honeymoon

I've been on a King Hu streak. He is literally the King of wuxia movies! It's been such a cultural education :party:

Last night I watched Dragon Inn. Before that I saw Come Drink With Me, Legend of the Mountain, Raining in the Mountain, and A Touch of Zen. My favourites were Legend of the Mountain, A Touch of Zen, and Dragon Inn! 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide