HEARTCORE

Billboard Interview on Big Eyes and Upcoming Album 'Honeymoon'

I think Honeymoon could be a combination of BTD and UV. I'm not sure how it'll work out like that, but given UV's positive reception. But then again, Honeymoon could be a totally new direction. Her relationships with Barrie and Francesco are obviously going to influence this album, maybe (lie, PROBABLY) for the somber UV mood or the light, cheerful BTD (maybe even the vibe from Lana Del Ray).

But I'm pretty optimistic for Honeymoon and Endless Summer Tour. I'm just hoping she'll come to NYC or somewhere around it.

Omg this is something that may be entirely irrelevant but in the technical terms for dating abuse, there's the rising tension phase (where like things happen that cause another to get mad), the explosion phase (when the other abuses you via mental, verbal or physical (ULTRA)violence) and then the HONEYMOON phase where the abuser apologizes and tries to make it better, but itms usually a cycle

Just an interesting coincidence about what I learned in school today

I am so excited for this album tho !!! I feel like it'll of course be dark, I mean really people we're talking about lana, she's not gonna turn Go Go Dancer pop just bc the album title is sweet, but I'm up for anything, I love BTD, P, and UV the same so regardless of what its like im sure ill love it :)

smile.gif

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6429534/lana-del-rey-big-eyes-honeymoon-album-interview

New album is titled Honeymoon and is "similar in style to Born to Die and Paradise". Lana covers the song "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" on it. The album is more "noirish" than Ultraviolence. Nine songs have been written for the album, four of which "the production is perfect; I'm looking for a few more songs to tie together".

"I Can Fly" was adapted for Big Eyes - she had originally written (and made?) a version of it, but then changed the lyrics to match Margaret Keane's story.

MORE BORN TO DIE-ISH????????!!! FUUUUUCKKKK YAAASSSSS! I loved that Era wayy more than Ultraviolence. Dont get me wrong. I loved the album in its own light, but BTD was better in MY opinion.

Maybe its going to be about the Honeymoon stage of love. Because she said this album is going to be more like BTD and Paradise, maybe its pre-Ultraviolence. So its about all the happy before all the bad like Jim hitting her(even tho it felt like a kiss). Or about after all that and everything was good again once she found someone new. Idk. I'm excited tho.

I think you guys have a problem thinking that chart followers can't "enjoy" music. Lol

What Kind of assumption is that?

Because you seem to base how much you like a Lana album on how similar it is to mainstream music or on how much potential it has to be a mainstream hit...

Like:

At this point, I don't mind radio music since she had TWO full noncommercial albums..it's time for a change.

She's capable of pumping hits after hits judging by her unreleased materials. I'm still wondering why she hasn't tap into that.

Because she values artistic integrity and doesn't give two fucks about how her music does commercially? I really wonder why some of you care so fucking much about whether or not Lana is charting or is making music that could potentially chart when she so clearly doesn't. Most of us are fans of Lana because of her music, not because of her potential hits or chart positions or whatever the fuck you're interested in. Who the fuck cares about whether or not she ~lost 70% of her mainstream followers~, """flopped""" on the charts or if she has minimal Youtube views. As long as she continues to make good music (aka she doesn't start making poppy music for hits only as you so desperately want her to do), I assure you most of us are content so please shut the fuck up about how UV destroyed her commercial appeal and whatever else you moan about

thx

Because you seem to base how much you like a Lana album on how similar it is to mainstream music or on how much potential it has to be a mainstream hit...

Like:

Because she values artistic integrity and doesn't give two fucks about how her music does commercially? I really wonder why some of you care so fucking much about whether or not Lana is charting or is making music that could potentially chart when she so clearly doesn't. Most of us are fans of Lana because of her music, not because of her potential hits or chart positions or whatever the fuck you're interested in. Who the fuck cares about whether or not she ~lost 70% of her mainstream followers~, """flopped""" on the charts or if she has minimal Youtube views. As long as she continues to make good music (aka she doesn't start making poppy music for hits only as you so desperately want her to do), I assure you most of us are content so please shut the fuck up about how UV destroyed her commercial appeal and whatever else you moan about

thx

Ok, I am somebody who also follows the charts and this whole "who is a real fan or who is just here for somebody cuz of the charts"- argument is the utter pits.

Of course I and I am pretty sure MIAM as well, is also here because we want to see Lana succeed and I am pretty sure that Lana herself wants to get commercial success otherwise she would release music for free.

If we want it or not, sales and chart rankings are important to a  mainstream artist signed to a major label. Even "the kewl ppl who don't give a shit about the charts" need to accept that because it determines if our favourite artist can continue making their art in the way she used to from having great producers to work with to great videos, etc.

All of this what I said above does not mean that she has to dumb down her music. She didn't do it with BTD. There was just something very special about it to make it already a classic. UV is the better album overall for me, I also tolerate ppl who think otherwise, but Lana has the potential to outshine the overall perception of UV by far.

And now, can we get over this discussion? I am really tired of it. Thx.

I think you guys have a problem thinking that chart followers can't "enjoy" music. Lol

What Kind of assumption is that?

Hey, I didn't say you didn't FULLY enjoy it. It just sounds like you probably have a bit of ego invested into Lana.

Leaked well said. :gclap:

Because she values artistic integrity and doesn't give two fucks about how her music does commercially? I really wonder why some of you care so fucking much about whether or not Lana is charting or is making music that could potentially chart when she so clearly doesn't.

You can still make great music and chart high. You do not have to dumb down anything. I believe she's capable of that and she did so in the past.

"Artistic integrity" :omfg2: fuck outta here *said in Az voice*

How do you go from this: An acclaim WW top 10 hit

To this:

Wowowow MUCH ART MUCH INTEGRITY MUCH FLOP

I'd rather that she make a quality, critically-acclaimed album than a sell-out commercial success that will be forgotten in a couple of years. 

And an alternative album selling 1.2 million (and growing) with zero promo is not a flop.

You can still make great music and chart high. You do not have to dumb down anything. I believe she's capable of that and she did so in the past.

To this:

I really think you have a point when it comes to some things, that should be discussed and that's fair.

But pls ffs, don't make it so easy for others to dismiss your views by fueling the discussion with flamebait that is way OTT

To this:

Ultraviolence (album) was way more acclaimed than Born to Die (album) though. YOU may not like UV more, but many more critics appreciated it. It also went #1 and BTD didn't. You keep saying the same shit different ways and multiple people keep making valid points that you dance around or ignore altogether with your "flop" this and "flop" that. Make a new point or shut up, honestly.

14417469274.gif

I'd rather that she make a quality, critically-acclaimed album than a sell-out commercial success that will be forgotten in a couple of years. 

And an alternative album selling 1.2 million (and growing) with zero promo is not a flop.

Sorry, but are you trying to say that BTD is a sell-out that will be forgotten in a few years while people will remember Lana for UV?

And the delusion has to stop. Nobody cares if you sit on your couch and do nothing, if you write for your next record or not, if you pick on your nose, if an album is not living up to the comercial expectations, it's simply an underperformance. To call UV a complete flop is not fair by any means, but it underperformed and we need to get over it. Lana already did, why can't you?

Also, I think we need a seperate thread for this topic. 

Maybe I open up one soon, because it is way off topic

Sorry, but are you trying to say that BTD is a sell-out that will be forgotten in a few years while people will remember Lana for UV?

And the delusion has to stop. Nobody cares if you sit on your couch and do nothing, if you write for your next record or not, if you pick on your nose, if an album is not living up to the comercial expectations, it's simply an underperformance. To call UV a complete flop is not fair by any means, but underperformed and we need to get over it. Lana already did, why can't you?

Also, I think we need a seperate thread for this topic. 

Maybe I open up one soon, because it is way off topic

That was directed at the Merier stan not you. 

And no, BTD was promoted pretty heavily by Lana standards and had a much more accessible sound. I'm responding to Me. I Am Merier's suggestion that Lana change her sound to something more commercial solely for the purpose of sales. Yes, UV underperformed when compared to BTD (although it has sold more at this stage than BTD had), but when you consider the lack of promo, collapse of sales overall, decidely anti-pop sound...they're still pretty good numbers.

And yes, in the long run, I think Ultraviolence will stand out as the magnum opus of her early work because of the exponentially higher quality. Albums like that tend to stick around.

One more thing

I don't think she will ever release the leaked songs we have...maybe channel them like Old Money has done with Merhaphetamines but don't expect Queen of Disaster on iHeart Radio 

if she does I would cry of joy 

One more thing

I don't think she will ever release the leaked songs we have...maybe channel them like Old Money has done with Merhaphetamines but don't expect Queen of Disaster on iHeart Radio 

if she does I would cry of joy 

That was directed at the Merier stan not you. 

And no, BTD was promoted pretty heavily by Lana standards and had a much more accessible sound. I'm responding to Me. I Am Merier's suggestion that Lana change her sound to something more commercial solely for the purpose of sales. Yes, UV underperformed when compared to BTD (although it has sold more at this stage than BTD had), but when you consider the lack of promo, collapse of sales overall, decidely anti-pop sound...they're still pretty good numbers.

And yes, in the long run, I think Ultraviolence will stand out as the magnum opus of her early work because of the exponentially higher quality. Albums like that tend to stick around.

Just as I said, I think that we need another thread for this because to have the discussion is okay and fair.

But please, what is heavily promoted for Lana standards? Girl has only two albums out and I really don't want the promo for UV to become a standard for her.

UV has not sold more than BTD six months after release. BTD managed to sell more, way more. It sold more in the States but not worldwide, not even close. Even if she released 2,5 years later and not just probably one, it wouldn't even cross 2 million.

BTD will remain her magnum opus despite being penned by critics, simply because it launched a pretty massive era that is one of the strongest for female pop singers of the 2010's. 

Having great reviews from music publications is nice, but Lana still has not won a Grammy that is overall way more something memorable than having a positive review from Pitchfork Magazine.

As I said, UV is the better album for me personally, but the whole visual aspect that made Lana so popular in the first place was a HUGE letdown.

And please, if I am not quick, let somebody else open up a thread about it. The other charts thread is way too old.

EDIT: Ok, I made a thread. Please post about charts, success there if you want to keep this thread at least a biT on topic.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5786-lana-on-the-charts-and-sales-overall-discussion/

The quality fan vs. quantity fan (sales, charts etc.) (yawn). Quantity fans are obnoxious when their stanning is based solely on how massively their stanning is validated by others. MIAM is silly sometimes but knows a lot about the commercial, charting and promotional aspects of music. This is a legitimate part of being a fan. But as I said Lana isn't the noir pop princess MIAM want her to be: she cannot perform live at that level and, generally, she's not willing to shine in the limelight. The way she's dressing in public (at events or in candids) for example is a statement that she doesn't want any of that pop princess stuff (I think that she purposely selects the cheapest and ugliest shoes available). So let her be that half indie half mainstream weirdo that she's comfortable with.