For me right now overall:

1. Lady Gaga

2. Lana Del Rey

3. Charli XCX

4. Marina and The Diamonds

5. Ke$ha

6. Rihanna

7. Ellie Goulding

The list for me obviously changes a lot, and I have WAYYYY more than 7 faves lolz. So yeah, Charli is my #3.

:wat: i always avoid this question no matter who it's about or who asks it.

DO IT.

H0bDaqU.gif

:wat:  i always avoid this question no matter who it's about or who asks it.

Same! Idk I just talk to people who are too invested in a set number and position of this or that...I don't know why order matters.

I will attempt, though, and just go until Charli appears.

1. Lana Del Rey

2. Lady Gaga

3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs

4. The Smiths

5. The Mountain Goats

6. Charli XCX

I think this is fair and a pretty high position for an artist who's pretty much new to me in the grand scheme. Certainly higher than a lot of artists who kind of came into my life around the same time (that is, when I got into music forums)--Sky, Marina, Azealia. Not to say that Charli isn't special, but Lana could be the only artist who really dominated all in such a short time and changed quite a bit for me. 2-5 I've carried with me for years and it would feel like sacrilege to position them any other way. A case of seniority winning out over quality, maybe. Even if Charli is better right now, too much invested time in others :whatever:

Going by invested time and "seniority" in addition to personal appreciation, while also excluding any and all classical composers. Also only going until Charli appears:

David Bowie
The Beatles

Madonna
Charly García (only listened to 2 albums in their entirety)
Pink Floyd (only listened to 2 albums)
Kate Bush
Virus
Prince (only listened to 2 albums in their entirety)
Grimes
Duran Duran
Queen
Sky Ferreira
Los Prisioneros
Charli XCX

This year though, by time & intensity of stanning, it's been:

Obssessed over
1-Sky Ferreira
2-Grimes
3-Charli XCX

Lighter stanning
4-Marina and the Diamonds

5-Lorde
6-Lana Del Rey

7-David Bowie
8-Regina Spektor
9-The Rolling Stones

Got two albums but barely listened to them

9-Goldfrapp

10-Tegan and Sara
11-Roxy Music
12-Alizée

Edited by Mauri8396

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

I CAN SEE YOU IN MY HEAD AGAIN

ARROWS AND BOWS YOU SHOOT ME DEAD AGAIN

8648.gif

Let's discuss how we all snubbed "fall. ling. through. the. CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUDS" as her best musical moment.

God Grins is so fucking good what is coming over me. I feel like I'm in heaven dancing with an angel.

Is it arrows and bows? Arrows, I pose?

Let's discuss how we all snubbed "fall. ling. through. the. CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUDS" as her best musical moment.

God Grins is so fucking good what is coming over me. I feel like I'm in heaven dancing with an angel.

Is it arrows and bows? Arrows, I pose?

I always thought it was "I don't suppose you'd shoot me dead again-ain"

???/? ????????? ?

???/? ????????? ?

So did I.

Grins is amazing. I remember when H&E came out, Grins was the one track I never listened to. One day I went through the whole thing and fell in loooovvveeee with it. The intro to Nuclear Seasons is perfection. I would love for all / most of the songs to have intros / outros like Take My Hand and Nuclear Seasons.

???/? ????????? ?

Same for quite a while but think about it my sweet summer child, it must be "arrows"

Shooting dead, Cupid, true romance, etc

Charli XCX sound (i never heard about her before reading this tread but i watched some clips on youtube), in my opinion, has nothing to do with Lana del Rey's music, and I'm quite baffled that some people compare these singers (it's the same situation with Lady Gaga or little Lorde that are compared often with LDR) . Maybe I'm too old for the sound and lyrical content of Charli XCX or Lorde and even Gaga, but for me is a huge gap between mostly addictive (Lana del Rey) and one time listening or irritation (the others). This is subjective but still it's a huge difference

Maybe "arrows of gold, they shoot me dead" ?

I could hear that :assad:

Charli XCX sound (i never heard about her before reading this tread but i watched some clips on youtube), in my opinion, has nothing to do with Lana del Rey's music, and I'm quite baffled that some people compare these singers (it's the same situation with Lady Gaga or little Lorde that are compared often with LDR) . Maybe I'm too old for the sound and lyrical content of Charli XCX or Lorde and even Gaga, but for me is a huge gap between mostly addictive (Lana del Rey) and one time listening or irritation (the others). This is subjective but still it's a huge difference

Who on earth has compared them? :wtf2:

I could hear that :assad:

I hear "Arrows are frozen, shoot me dead again".  :ohno:

On the subject of entirely indiscernible lyrics, how about the frickin' bridge of Black Roses?!

X----into me, into you----X

Topic:

Where does Charli fall in your faves?

She is not part of my faves because my faves are

Brinty , Lana, Simon Curtis & Dangerous Muse.

However, Charli and Lorde are part of my list "singers I like but I don't shade cause they are really good like everytime"

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

wow I'm kind of surprised by a lot of your fave lists. Especially Sitar actually... Idk why I thought Sky and Charli would be higher up for you... And I didn't think Lana and Gaga would be so high up. I have to be very careful the way I word this because I'm on a Lana Del Rey forum but... idk Lana is just kind of... Meh I won't say it because I don't really know what to say. I like her music but I'm not in love with her anymore... Her and Gaga are just the quintessential overrated by every gay male females and something about that annoys me... It's more because of Gaga I guess... The whole Gaga, Lana, Marina trinity thing just makes me kind of sick and I wish it didn't exist because Marina is better than either... It's all just opinion though, I'm sorry I'm kind of ranting and making myself look like a judgey music asshole and I'm really not, I just don't really know how to express my feelings on Lana right now... (or gaga)

wow I'm kind of surprised by a lot of your fave lists. Especially Sitar actually... Idk why I thought Sky and Charli would be higher up for you... And I didn't think Lana and Gaga would be so high up. I have to be very careful the way I word this because I'm on a Lana Del Rey forum but... idk Lana is just kind of... Meh I won't say it because I don't really know what to say. I like her music but I'm not in love with her anymore... Her and Gaga are just the quintessential overrated by every gay male females and something about that annoys me... It's more because of Gaga I guess... The whole Gaga, Lana, Marina trinity thing just makes me kind of sick and I wish it didn't exist because Marina is better than either... It's all just opinion though, I'm sorry I'm kind of ranting and making myself look like a judgey music asshole and I'm really not, I just don't really know how to express my feelings on Lana right now... (or gaga)

Every gay male? No.

And the word 'trinity' makes me sick.

obviously I didn't mean LITERALLY every because I'm a gay male and I don't... I just mean in general there's a kind of trend. I don't see why so many people of a sexuality should have the same music taste and be obsessed with the same people... Idk though, I know I'm not going to get any back up on this and I'm not even explaining myself well so nvm. :/

I hear "Arrows are frozen, shoot me dead again".  :ohno:

On the subject of entirely indiscernible lyrics, how about the frickin' bridge of Black Roses?!

I can never even post it with a Dino Jesus gif because I don't even have sort of a clue :poordat:

See this is why I avoid this topic. Like I said, people focus on amount ("trinity"), order, and then make out my love for artists like Sky to be less than it should be when I'm totally comfortable with it. I'm a hugely fanatic sort of person with a lot of time on my hands, I can have a significant appreciation for artists I wouldn't actually say have profoundly affected my life and therefore number among my "favorites". It's not enough that I have an individual connection with them all, though. I certainly don't rate Lana and Gaga as high because I'm gay...You could say the same about liking Sky and Marina and any other tumblr niche artist--it's not any different as far as fanbases go, it's just the more hipster gays who go crazy over that. Dangerous territory either way when you're a pop music fan so I disconnect it entirely with sexuality. Anyway "meh" is the last word to describe Lana because her unreleased collection is better than most discographies :hairflip2: