Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm curious as to how an r&b album would sound from her :oprah3:

we can clearly hear the potential on crash, move me, lighting & back again - give us that janet funk! :true:

id lose my goddamn mind if she made a whole album of funky rnb stuff

I gave in :toofunny:

Spoiler

WHY DID THEY RELEASE THE WORST SONG ON THE ALBUM AS A SINGLE WITH AN HIGH BUDGET VIDEO WHEN USED TO KNOW ME COULD HAVE USED IT :crying2:

We deserve a Deluxe, an extended version of the album (Like Disco by Kylie Minogue got) and a remix album :true:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

4 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I gave in :toofunny:

Reveal hidden contents

WHY DID THEY RELEASE THE WORST SONG ON THE ALBUM AS A SINGLE WITH AN HIGH BUDGET VIDEO WHEN USED TO KNOW ME COULD HAVE USED IT :crying2:

We deserve a Deluxe, an extended version of the album (Like Disco by Kylie Minogue got) and a remix album :true:

but what is your opinion on constant repeat + lightning fB84zC2.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

11 minutes ago, the ocean said:

but what is your opinion on constant repeat + lightning fB84zC2.gif

BOPS :makeup2:

The only songs I'm not obsessed with are Beg For You, Move Me and Every Rule. The rest is all career highlights :legend:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I really don’t even want to start album vs mixtape discourse but… why does the distinction of mixtape get thrown around almost every time ppl talk about N1A/Pop2? I mean I feel like some ppl are prolly covering their tracks to duck the “iTs AcTuAlLy A mIxTaPe” crowd, but still. I know at the end of the day it really doesn’t matter but it’s just something I always wonder. Cuz like tbh it always comes off extremely contrarian/extra to me, since Charli herself has talked about how those literal albums are “mixtapes” in name only. ffs they were both their own eras & both pressed onto vinyls. So like referring to self-titled as her third album in any discussion outside of record label/contract matters is so nonsensical IMO.

But yeah anyway, ranking the albums is too hard for me, she really doesn’t have any bad albums. If I had to pick my top one I must say pop2 legitimately changed/saved my life; that album expanded my taste so much & rekindled my appreciation for all of Charli’s music therefore i can’t imagine ranking another album higher. All that being said I low key feel like crash is going to be the soundtrack to me actually LIVING my life for myself. S/o to kween Charlene & therapy! I’m so proud to stan/simp for this woman. :flutter:

5 minutes ago, zaddyxcx said:

why does the distinction of mixtape get thrown around almost every time ppl talk about N1A/Pop2? 

If she called N1A or Pop2 an "album" that implies that there's some kind of monetization & promotion that would need to happen on her label's end. You could easily replace the word mixtape in "N1A and Pop2 are mixtapes by Charli XCX" with the word "projects" and it would mean the same thing.

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

9 minutes ago, zaddyxcx said:

why does the distinction of mixtape get thrown around almost every time ppl talk about N1A/Pop2?

basically what @slasherflicks said - it essentially implies that it's gonna be promoted vs a lowkey release for the fans

it's basically an album w/o the promo :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

10 minutes ago, zaddyxcx said:

I really don’t even want to start album vs mixtape discourse but… why does the distinction of mixtape get thrown around almost every time ppl talk about N1A/Pop2? I mean I feel like some ppl are prolly covering their tracks to duck the “iTs AcTuAlLy A mIxTaPe” crowd, but still. I know at the end of the day it really doesn’t matter but it’s just something I always wonder. Cuz like tbh it always comes off extremely contrarian/extra to me, since Charli herself has talked about how those literal albums are “mixtapes” in name only. ffs they were both their own eras & both pressed onto vinyls. So like referring to self-titled as her third album in any discussion outside of record label/contract matters is so nonsensical IMO.

But yeah anyway, ranking the albums is too hard for me, she really doesn’t have any bad albums. If I had to pick my top one I must say pop2 legitimately changed/saved my life; that album expanded my taste so much & rekindled my appreciation for all of Charli’s music therefore i can’t imagine ranking another album higher. All that being said I low key feel like crash is going to be the soundtrack to me actually LIVING my life for myself. S/o to kween Charlene & therapy! I’m so proud to stan/simp for this woman. :flutter:

I personally consider them mixtapes because we really never got "official" singles/videos/tours for them. For all intents and purposes, they are albums and i consume them in the same why as an album, but I feel like they really dont have defined "eras" to them, despite having an aesthetic. Also calling them the "mixtapes" just feels kinda normal to me since we got them both in such a short amount of time, they feel like a pair, and thats originally what she sold the idea for N1A to us as (even if it was to convince her label to let her release something). I honestly dont really think it matters what people call them but thats also just my opinion.

1 hour ago, slasherflicks said:

If she called N1A or Pop2 an "album" that implies that there's some kind of monetization & promotion that would need to happen on her label's end. You could easily replace the word mixtape in "N1A and Pop2 are mixtapes by Charli XCX" with the word "projects" and it would mean the same thing.

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

basically what @slasherflicks said - it essentially implies that it's gonna be promoted vs a lowkey release for the fans

it's basically an album w/o the promo :true:

I appreciate y’all explaining. It’s clicking a little more for me now. like I knew they were self funded and it can be important to acknowledge that there are nuances, & yes the distinction does make a difference in some cases. I forget that some ppl buy into industry jargon & major record label campaigns & the expectations/implications that come with that a lot more than I do. I guess I just more meant to make a point that there are times when I’m reading on here it seems like semantics. for example talking about things like opening tracks on her albums, and then having to go out of our way to be like “oh well these are the album openers and these are the mixtape openers and I was just talking about the album openers”, for me seems unnecessary when it’s just a bunch of fans on a lanaboards thread, but now I understand why it’s done so often. Everyone has a specific interpretation, & to each their own.

9 hours ago, alienprincess said:

I'd love if she didn't say constant repeat in the song and the constant repeat was just the got me on repeats.. it'd make it so cool yass maybe my #1 Charli song ever tho either way

i'm about to listen to it and i KNEW from the snippets she played on tiktok this would be my instant favourite. I'M SO EXCITED

Number 1 Angel > Crash > Pop 2 >>> HIFN >> Charli >>> True Romance >>>>>> Sucker

my crash ranking isn't set in stone yet becuase it's still new so i need more time to listen to it but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be in my top 2 omg. i really wasn't expecting this idk why but it's honestly FULL of bangers!! manifesting she brings the crash tour to australia :excited:

charli xcx gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir