Fluorine

Charli XCX

The amount of discourse and negativity surrounding this track is WILD to me. If you don’t like it, don’t stream it. There’s no reason to be so rude about it. Bullying her and Sam about how much you think the song sucks doesn’t accomplish anything except make you look like a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. You’re NOT the main character. 

This song seems to be written FOR Sam. Not even just as a feature. I’m envisioning Sam finding themselves and who they are in the clubs and nightlife of the city and finding love for themselves through the love of someone else. It makes sense that Charli was on the verge of tears talking about the hate that Sam has been getting. She’s always been inspired by queer culture and living authentically.

It’s fine if you don’t like Sam’s music, but misgendering and flat out saying they suck is pretty trash. There are plenty of artists that I don’t seek out or enjoy listening to, so I don’t. There’s no need to comment on how much they suck because it’s all subjective, anyway.

49 minutes ago, VegaXCX said:

The amount of discourse and negativity surrounding this track is WILD to me. If you don’t like it, don’t stream it. There’s no reason to be so rude about it. Bullying her and Sam about how much you think the song sucks doesn’t accomplish anything except make you look like a bunch of spoiled, entitled brats. You’re NOT the main character. 

This song seems to be written FOR Sam. 

girl we’re allowed to dislike a song of her (including the dislike of the featured artist) and talk about it in a charli xcx topic?

and the main character comment is just… :eartha:

14 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

girl we’re allowed to dislike a song of her (including the dislike of the featured artist) and talk about it in a charli xcx topic?

and the main character comment is just… :eartha:

You’re right. You can dislike a song. I even mentioned that in the second sentence. I know that reading comprehension can be difficult when you’re looking to be offended and constantly pick apart every move your fav makes. However, dog piling and TRASHING the song is not really discussing it. Especially when we all know Charli reads these messages. 

Example: “I’m not really feeling this new track. Never really been a huge fan of Sam’s music/their voice isn’t really for me/whatever. But, I’m happy Charli is trying to keep us fed. Maybe she’ll get another hit with the GP and be able to increase her budgets.”

vs

”omg. I hate Sam. Their music sucks and idk why Charli would work with them. This track sucks.” 

Which one sounds constructive and which one sounds like a spoiled brat?

That’s all I’m going to say on it. 

2 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

In The City leaked in full and it is not good. Even without the (bad) Sam Smith feature this song wouldn’t be good so I really don’t care for a solo version. It’s just boring and kinda lazily written. The “in the city in the dark in the city in the dark” part is just repetitive and unpleasent to listen to. Charli’s usually great at coming up with good pop melodies but this song really had nothing of the sort. Let’s hope the album will be better. I’m taking this not being included on it as a good sign.

I have to agree, while sonically it’s a fun track I don’t even think a solo or alternate collab would have saved this track. 

j14CYJi.png

Ok In The City is really cute!! I actually really like it. Definitely fun and I think the radio would eat it up too. I personally expected more with the drop but as I said, this song is just really fun. And Sam's verse is so overhated. Y'all are kinda forcing it :) learn to enjoy stuff lol. I can defo picture this song being blared on Radio 1 Friday Nights, i won't lie i did find the chorus after sam's verse a little extra but as i said, its a fun song. Sorry for the absolute repetitivness I really cannot be arsed to type a pitchfork review rn

48 minutes ago, VegaXCX said:

You’re right. You can dislike a song. I even mentioned that in the second sentence. I know that reading comprehension can be difficult when you’re looking to be offended and constantly pick apart every move your fav makes. However, dog piling and TRASHING the song is not really discussing it. Especially when we all know Charli reads these messages. 

Example: “I’m not really feeling this new track. Never really been a huge fan of Sam’s music/their voice isn’t really for me/whatever. But, I’m happy Charli is trying to keep us fed. Maybe she’ll get another hit with the GP and be able to increase her budgets.”

vs

”omg. I hate Sam. Their music sucks and idk why Charli would work with them. This track sucks.” 

Which one sounds constructive and which one sounds like a spoiled brat?

That’s all I’m going to say on it. 

babes your original post was you getting offended but okay! it’s all good

we can say a song sucks, we can say an artist sucks, we can say we hate a specific artist and find them annoying. it’s not that deep on a music forum website and we don’t have to ass kiss or be “super considerate”. (excluding the fatphobia and transphobia, which I personally haven’t seen here).

the song sounds very bland and i hate sam’s nasally voice on it, that’s just being real for a sec :awkney:

14 minutes ago, softscars said:

Can someone explain what the PC Music mystery discs are please?

They're physical CD compilations that are being sold at PC Music pop up events, they feature at lot of unreleased material mostly from old PC mixes but also some new/unheard stuff too. defo check them out if you're a diehard PC Music fan. There's not much charli material: only the Ice Cakes instrumental and Silver Cross (A.G. Remix) in high quality as far as I'm aware.