Fluorine

Charli XCX

What is this in response to? It was already determined that Charli's song is not for the 18-22 crowd. I really don't get what you're arguing.

I've tried alcohol like most people. It dumbs you down. I don't like feeling dumb, other people do.

BTR is aimed at HS but it is also enjoyable for most 18-22 year olds (as evidenced by this forum, who are mostly in the older high school to college age range as far as I know). TBH I think BTR is a bit immature even though I do occasionally drink and do other things.. But I'm not UPSET about the song, and I'm not going to continue to complain about how awful it is. In the end it grew on me and its catchy. If you don't think so that's fine, but please don't continue to degrade Charli and other people's lifestyles, especially when nobody on this forum agrees with you. When you have anything new to say, feel free to post. But this is a thread for Charli XCX fans and as much as everyone likes to say I'm negative, I know I'm not being as sour as you are about her new direction...

In the end it grew on me and its catchy. If you don't think so that's fine, but please don't continue to degrade Charli and other people's lifestyles, especially when nobody on this forum agrees with you.

If no one agreed with me, then I wouldn't have as many "likes" as I do. This forum is not evidence that most 18-22 year olds enjoy this song. This thread only has about a dozen active participants.

Do we have the Break the Rules single cover? Like not the one that looks the same as Boom Clap's but the one that shows when you're watching the video

I'm not feeling Break the Rules. The guitar and synths are so common and cheap idk and they dont match the drop (which I love). It feels like they're just there to make the song sound punk and rock-ish. I love her shouty vocals but like the instrumental doesnt know where to go like ???

Oh and I love the placeholder cover idk I find cute that the album is titled Sucker and there's a sucker on the cover :toofunny: I'm really excited for the album tbh! I always end up liking everything she releases :poordat:

14 is all about being stupid. There is a reason why 14 year olds aren't even allowed to drive in the U.S.

This is hilarious whether you understood my reference or not :lmao:

Anyway I agree with pretty much all you've said regarding BTR & Charli's shitty message to teens. Though you're not gonna get far with your opinion here sadly. I mean it IS a fun party song guys, but come on. It is a bit extremely ridiculous that Charli says she's making music geared towards 14 year olds and then releases a single about doing drugs and skipping school to go to the club. Like come on.

Edit: also someone on the last page said something about Charli & female empowerment?? Lmao there's no female empowerment in BTR what

(I'm on mobile so I can't go back and see who said it or exactly what context but i think it was in defense of BTR)

ALSO @ y'all saying 782anon keeps coming in here with negative shit when a member posted his YouTube comment & y'all started complaining about it like ??? He posted that elsewhere and you guys dragged it in here so stop acting like he keeps posting shit HERE to antagonize you when that is clearly not the case lol

Can we just hug it out tho this is tiring

14417469274.gif

This is hilarious whether you understood my reference or not :lmao:

Anyway I agree with pretty much all you've said regarding BTR & Charli's shitty message to teens. Though you're not gonna get far with your opinion here sadly. I mean it IS a fun party song guys, but come on. It is a bit extremely ridiculous that Charli says she's making music geared towards 14 year olds and then releases a single about doing drugs and skipping school to go to the club. Like come on.

Edit: also someone on the last page said something about Charli & female empowerment?? Lmao there's no female empowerment in BTR what

(I'm on mobile so I can't go back and see who said it or exactly what context but i think it was in defense of BTR)

ALSO @ y'all saying 782anon keeps coming in here with negative shit when a member posted his YouTube comment & y'all started complaining about it like ??? He posted that elsewhere and you guys dragged it in here so stop acting like he keeps posting shit HERE to antagonize you when that is clearly not the case lol

Can we just hug it out tho this is tiring

I mentioned female empowerment. Charli herself said the record is 'pussy pop' and 'pop with a punk edge' and other things about uplifting the girls in her demographic through her brand of feminism, right?

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Do we have the Break the Rules single cover? Like not the one that looks the same as Boom Clap's but the one that shows when you're watching the video

I'm not feeling Break the Rules. The guitar and synths are so common and cheap idk and they dont match the drop (which I love). It feels like they're just there to make the song sound punk and rock-ish. I love her shouty vocals but like the instrumental doesnt know where to go like ???

Oh and I love the placeholder cover idk I find cute that the album is titled Sucker and there's a sucker on the cover :toofunny: I'm really excited for the album tbh! I always end up liking everything she releases :poordat:

This one? I don't have better quality though  :noparty:

FeV7iwA.jpg

I mentioned female empowerment. Charli herself said the record is 'pussy pop' and 'pop with a punk edge' and other things about uplifting the girls in her demographic through her brand of feminism, right?

Yeah I remember her saying that, I just have no fucking clue how she thinks BTR is in any way empowering to females lol. Maybe that's not the song she was thinking of when she said that, though.

14417469274.gif

I only posted his comment because I thought it was funny....

Also I like the single cover for BTR its cute  :flutter:

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

Hey sooo I don't think we've done this in a while and I need to catch up I think, can some of you all post screenshots of your iTunes library?

Nothing new has happened though? The last track that leaked was Jungle Time

BzhmW.png

what would you say would be the best quality of Breaking Up, I want Candy and London Queen available for download? So far I've only streamed them since she performed them I never got to downloading them

qqAZ3mU.png