Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

if we didn't have the full confirmation yet we definitely have it now about how this is definitely gonna be a polarizing album

i'm personally vibing with it but obviously others aren't

We know one of the side effects of Rona is loss of taste, we can't blame them bestie.

:sass:

j14CYJi.png

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

if we didn't have the full confirmation yet we definitely have it now about how this is definitely gonna be a polarizing album

i'm personally vibing with it but obviously others aren't

I’m obsessed with this whole era, and it’s ok if others aren’t too keen on it. You don’t have to live for every album your fav drops, I can’t stand Sucker. That doesn’t mean it’s bad. That doesn’t mean I have the right to shit on her for making it. It’s just something I don’t listen to. This is a super cohesive pop record. If it’s not your vibe, wait for her next project. It’s not that serious. 

Yuck is cute, feels like a Future Nostalgia reject that got given to Zara Larsen (A mix of Hallucinate, Pretty Please and FFF imo) but the lyrics are... :toofloppy:

Used To Know Me is a bop, it's her Chromatica inspired moment (Rain On Me and Lucid inspired, i'm surprised Bloodpop isn't behind it)

Every Rule is Official part 2, it's good but nothing groundbreaking

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Im sorry this album is sooooooooooooo major. I get that it's not her most experimental era ever but I love that it's like her playing with her writing to fit the landscape rather than changing the landscape to fix her. This is kind of the album I've always wanted from her, like an album of pitches to major label artists, but mixed and mastered.

1 minute ago, CharlisHouseParty said:

i got all the demo l words sorry...

Hide contents

oh my god yuck is so good and so is used to know me

every rule is cute 

the fact we'll get even better tracks for the actual album makes me so happy

didn't only 3 demos l word?

18 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

Im sorry this album is sooooooooooooo major. I get that it's not her most experimental era ever but I love that it's like her playing with her writing to fit the landscape rather than changing the landscape to fix her. This is kind of the album I've always wanted from her, like an album of pitches to major label artists, but mixed and mastered.

Literally feel the exact same way :gclap:

I can’t explain it fully but I knew she was gonna make an album just like this when I heard Charli. She seemed particularly passionate about the poppier side of that record (1999/Blame It On Your Love/White Mercedes) and I always hoped/knew she would give us a full-length version of that.

I personally don't get the whiplash reaction most people are giving considering Charli's been very upfront that this was going to be her "sell-out era" and then are shocked that she has tracks that sample / interpolate others and has gone for a overall pop sound this time round...

Are y'all listening to what she's saying or?

j14CYJi.png