Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t see any comparison to Katy Perry nor Dua. 

it’s funny you say this because move me could of been fit directly on lust for life. 

lightning is a mix of Freestyle with aspects of the TR dark wave  moments. 

I agree with the Lyricsm though-but that applies to every album after sucker-it became less metaphorical and more straight to the point.

I did not mean direct comparison to their sound, just that this vibe could've been used in their discography -- that's simply what happens when you pull out a commercial album and decide not to incorporate any deeper elements to it (speaking of Perry -- she proved she is able, occassionally, to create something like Chained to the Rhythm).

Move Me is too electronic for Lust for Life. Handled differently, yet with similar melody, perhaps could have been there, indeed.

Charli is proving to me that she is one of those very artists that have strong, devoted fanbases and are fond of mostly because of their easygoing, good nature and magnetic attitude, not necessarily deep or profound artistry. As I said, the record is enjoyable, but the way it is given 8.0 by Pitchfork is absolutely insane to me. Not to diss Charli of course, but no record of Lana's -- we're on Lanaboards, after all -- except for NFR! got such a good score, no matter how she tried.

original.gif

2 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

ok so like for those who liked this me and my friend did a major overhaul to the mix, he did the vocals and i added more to the instrumental (like the fx i accidentally deleted) https://mega.nz/file/ISJ2kRyD#sMdB7Ycizmmq1cb8YzGcXjgUUz1M78qE9ST5777NX5A here is the download enjoy

I loved that u remixed this masterpiece <3 GG forever in my heart

I think this could have been a really beautiful ending for CRASH, since it has that synthpop 80s/ ballad sound. It's a shame that it didn't make the final cut.

Fingers crossed for the deluxe. Charli YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THIS SONG.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, vrtvie said:

I did not mean direct comparison to their sound, just that this vibe could've been used in their discography -- that's simply what happens when you pull out a commercial album and decide not to incorporate any deeper elements to it (speaking of Perry -- she proved she is able, ocasionally, to create something like Chained to the Rhythm).

Move Me is too electronic for Lust for Life. Handled differently, yet with similar melody, perhaps could have been there, indeed.

Charli is proving to me that she is one of those very artists that have strong, devoted fanbases and are fond of mostly because of their easygoing nature and magnetic attitude, not necessarily deep or profound artistry. As I said, the record is enjoyable, but the way it is given 8.0 by Pitchfork is absolutely insane to me. Not to diss Charli of course, but no record of Lana's -- we're on Lanaboards, after all -- except for NFR! got such a good score, no matter how she tried.

I can see what you mean but come on now how is 

any different to Move me? 

I can agree Some of Charlis work is subjectively overrated to me and TR is still her best but it’s all opinion. 

Lana hasn’t produced a good album to me since Honeymoon and has changed from a once innovative artist to someone stuck in an LA fantasy whispering over piano. 
Once she changes her sound which has been stuck in since NFR we can talk. 

Atleast Charli innovates and makes a conscious effort to evolve. 

7 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I think this could have been a really beautiful ending for CRASH, since it has that synthpop 80s/ ballad sound. It's a shame that it didn't make the final cut.

Fingers crossed for the deluxe. Charli YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THIS SONG.

what song?

if someone could send me or @ualreadyknowwwwwwwwwww all the crash demos so we can add them to the spreadsheet/masterpost i will be sooooooo grateful <333 (dbree links are fine i am just too lazy to look thru there myself rn lol)

i am still processing the album but it fucking rules charli is a genius i love pop music i'm glad i waited for the official release!!!!

5 minutes ago, dance4u said:

if someone could send me or @ualreadyknowwwwwwwwwww all the crash demos so we can add them to the spreadsheet/masterpost i will be sooooooo grateful <333 (dbree links are fine i am just too lazy to look thru there myself rn lol)

i am still processing the album but it fucking rules charli is a genius i love pop music i'm glad i waited for the official release!!!!

i only have the used to know me demo but if you don't have it i can send it to you (or @ualreadyknowwwwwwwwwww)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

streets are saying USED TO KNOW ME interpolates this Vietnamese song. And it was a huge hit in my country 3 years ago.

i cant make my mind up on if it sounds similar or not but she served!! Used To Know Me (feat. Bich Phuong) when?

56 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

what song?

omg it's "The Party's Never Over" :trisha: where tf is the youtube link???

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

59 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

fond of mostly because of their easygoing, good nature and magnetic attitude, not necessarily deep or profound artistry.

omg no charli makes fun bops but the whole reason i ADORE her is for her ability to have fun AND produce deep/profound artistry too

aOaIzH2.gif

43 minutes ago, shedevilbynight said:

i cant make my mind up on if it sounds similar or not but she served!! Used To Know Me (feat. Bich Phuong) when?

yaaasssss she is one of the "main pop girl" in Vietnam. That song was literally everywhere 3 years ago. If you're interested you should check her out, this one was a huge hit as well (yeah most of her music videos has English subtitles & you can basically understand what she's singing), and i really love the way she does synthpop with Vietnamese cultural aspects.

And well... Used to Know Me (Remix) - feat. Bich Phuong isn't a bad idea. 

Lightning, Twice, Beg For You, Crash & Constant Repeat are my top 5 right now:

Goddamn it, what ever the fuck did she put in Constant Repeat? I am literally contantly repeating this song since the L**k. I knew this is gonna be one of her THAT era - i believed in it since day 1 while everybody else dragging her for being "commercial".

crash is charli’s best project next to true romance and number 1 angel, she proved me SO wrong when i said that the era wasn’t my favorite :mariah: the best songs are crash, constant repeat, move me, baby, lightning, every rule, and yuck. my favorite is either constant repeat or move me but i’m leaning more towards move me because i’ve played it ten thousand times already 

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif