Fluorine

Charli XCX

First of all- I really don’t understand how anyone isn’t simply IN LOVE with this album as an established Charli fan. It really does touch back on parts of all her previous eras and is so cohesive visually and sonically. Like… I really can’t say enough good things about it. I love her so much and can’t wait to listen to this record a million more times. Twice = song of the century btw.

also suuuuper annoyed our orders are delayed up to 5 weeks. Like clearly this album has been done since mid-late 2021 and was pushed for a spring 2022 release to have physicals ready. And they are STILL delayed. I’m pissed. Especially since (if I understand this correct) with the recent change in Billboard rules, any copy that does not ship on release week will not count toward first week sales. just a mess, not her fault though.

H0bDaqU.gif

Okay okay lemme put my AJay wig on.

Spoiler

First, I gotta admit I had to listen to the album like 4 times because some songs are just too short and I needed more listens to fully appreciate them. That said, here we go:

1. Crash. 7/10. As it is, the song falls too short. The outro could have been way bigger but ends too abruptly (I understand the crashing image to pair with the album's and song's title but still it lacks something). However, I'm all here for the production, that's why my rate is not so low. Overall, it's a good intro to the album - but it feels more like an intro rather than a full song.

2. New Shapes. 9/10. I only listened to this one once when it was released and I remember I didn't like it much then, but I loved it now! Love the synth production, kinda reminds me of Gone but more pop (rather than hyperpop) oriented which I'm here for. In top 5 for sure.

3. Good Ones. 9/10. The only thing that keeps me from putting the 10 is the lack of a bridge and a punchy outro. Love the lyrics, melody, instrumental, and it's so catchy. One of my faves.

4. Constant Repeat. 8/10. I really liked this one! Took me a couple listens but I'm so glad it grew on me immediately. I would've loved a more 80s oriented production BUT that's just me asking for more. Really good song, it might be on constant repeat.mp3 on my side.

5. Beg for You. 9/10. This one, besides Good Ones, was the only other single I kept listening. I like it so much, particularly I enjoyed Charli and Rina's combination. The only thing I don't like from this song (besides the length) is the evident lack of a more powerful outro.

6. Move Me. 10/10. This one took me off guard! Loved the transition in sound, more contemporary. It reminded me of a couple Charli outtakes, but enhanced. Again, too short for my liking but even as ephemeral as it is, it really works.

7. Baby. 5/10. I know people will come for me but I truly didn't enjoy anything in Baby except for the verses. The chorus felt too rushed, and the production seemed one of the least memorables in the album in my opinion. However, I see myself growing to enjoy the song in the future. One of my least favourites, nonetheless.

8. Lightning. 10/10. Charli really knew what she was doing with this one! Everything in this song moved me, even the hyperpop-influenced bridge with those vocal distortions. But it's one of the best Charli songs I've heard in a couple years (and that's to say, as she really has been giving gems). Lyrically >>>>>>.

9. Every Rule. 7/10. It's not my favourite song in the record, but I think this is a nice listen, particularly between two powerful tracks such as Lightning and Yuck. However, I think the production could have been improved in some parts. Not a skip, but not as memorable as other tracks here. I actually wonder now why was it chosen as a promo single.

10. Yuck. 10/10. Not this barely-surpassing-2-minute song making me dance my head off! Truly a bop, ideal for single choice if you ask me. Production was impeccable, my only complaint is, again, its length. But it was really well done, so I forgive her.

11. Lavender. 8/10. I refuse to call this Used to Know Me, as Lavender is a superior title and nobody is convincing me otherwise dddd. It's one of the few house/club/dancepop tracks from the last two years that really caught my attention. Maybe with a more memorable or punchier production in the chorus it would've gotten a higher rate. I liked the lyrics too.

12. Twice. 6/10. Not too fond of Twice, to be honest. It could've been way better, but I don't mind it much. However, maybe my complaint goes more about its placement in the album's tracklist. I don't think it's the best closing song she could've chosen (maybe Lightning was a better option?). Anyways, again, it's not a terrible song and I think it could do well if promoted as a single, but it's not her best effort for sure.

Overall9/10. I really liked this record as a whole! I think it's very cohesive sonically and it flows really good the way it was ordered. I love Charli making bops for everyone and making a fun album. I just wished many of this songs had at least 30 more seconds, but well, streaming counts I guess. It might be one of my favourite Charli albums ever, if I'm being honest.

Favourite songs. Lightning, Yuck, Beg for You, Good Ones, Constant Repeat.

Least favourite songs. Baby, Twice.

Is there a deluxe coming? :ohno: 

P.S. Can't wait to make extended edits to all of these! I already had Good Ones and Beg for You done, and I have a couple ideas for Lightning, Move Me and New Shapes. Let's see what happens.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Okay okay lemme put my AJay wig on.

Hide contents

First, I gotta admit I had to listen to the album like 4 times because some songs are just too short and I needed more listens to fully appreciate them. That said, here we go:

1. Crash. 7/10. As it is, the song falls too short. The outro could have been way bigger but ends too abruptly (I understand the crashing image to pair with the album's and song's title but still it lacks something). However, I'm all here for the production, that's why my rate is not so low. Overall, it's a good intro to the album - but it feels more like an intro rather than a full song.

2. New Shapes. 9/10. I only listened to this one once when it was released and I remember I didn't like it much then, but I loved it now! Love the synth production, kinda reminds me of Gone but more pop (rather than hyperpop) oriented which I'm here for. In top 5 for sure.

3. Good Ones. 9/10. The only thing that keeps me from putting the 10 is the lack of a bridge and a punchy outro. Love the lyrics, melody, instrumental, and it's so catchy. One of my faves.

4. Constant Repeat. 8/10. I really liked this one! Took me a couple listens but I'm so glad it grew on me immediately. I would've loved a more 80s oriented production BUT that's just me asking for more. Really good song, it might be on constant repeat.mp3 on my side.

5. Beg for You. 9/10. This one, besides Good Ones, was the only other single I kept listening. I like it so much, particularly I enjoyed Charli and Rina's combination. The only thing I don't like from this song (besides the length) is the evident lack of a more powerful outro.

6. Move Me. 10/10. This one took me off guard! Loved the transition in sound, more contemporary. It reminded me of a couple Charli outtakes, but enhanced. Again, too short for my liking but even as ephemeral as it is, it really works.

7. Baby. 5/10. I know people will come for me but I truly didn't enjoy anything in Baby except for the verses. The chorus felt too rushed, and the production seemed one of the least memorables in the album in my opinion. However, I see myself growing to enjoy the song in the future. One of my least favourites, nonetheless.

8. Lightning. 10/10. Charli really knew what she was doing with this one! Everything in this song moved me, even the hyperpop-influenced bridge with those vocal distortions. But it's one of the best Charli songs I've heard in a couple years (and that's to say, as she really has been giving gems). Lyrically >>>>>>.

9. Every Rule. 7/10. It's not my favourite song in the record, but I think this is a nice listen, particularly between two powerful tracks such as Lightning and Yuck. However, I think the production could have been improved in some parts. Not a skip, but not as memorable as other tracks here. I actually wonder now why was it chosen as a promo single.

10. Yuck. 10/10. Not this barely-surpassing-2-minute song making me dance my head off! Truly a bop, ideal for single choice if you ask me. Production was impeccable, my only complaint is, again, its length. But it was really well done, so I forgive her.

11. Lavender. 8/10. I refuse to call this Used to Know Me, as Lavender is a superior title and nobody is convincing me otherwise dddd. It's one of the few house/club/dancepop tracks from the last two years that really caught my attention. Maybe with a more memorable or punchier production in the chorus it would've gotten a higher rate. I liked the lyrics too.

12. Twice. 6/10. Not too fond of Twice, to be honest. It could've been way better, but I don't mind it much. However, maybe my complaint goes more about its placement in the album's tracklist. I don't think it's the best closing song she could've chosen (maybe Lightning was a better option?). Anyways, again, it's not a terrible song and I think it could do well if promoted as a single, but it's not her best effort for sure.

Overall9/10. I really liked this record as a whole! I think it's very cohesive sonically and it flows really good the way it was ordered. I love Charli making bops for everyone and making a fun album. I just wished many of this songs had at least 30 more seconds, but well, streaming counts I guess. It might be one of my favourite Charli albums ever, if I'm being honest.

Favourite songs. Lightning, Yuck, Beg for You, Good Ones, Constant Repeat.

Least favourite songs. Baby, Twice.

Is there a deluxe coming? :ohno: 

P.S. Can't wait to make extended edits to all of these! I already had Good Ones and Beg for You done, and I have a couple ideas for Lightning, Move Me and New Shapes. Let's see what happens.

honey you got a big storm coming for that twice score

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

for those orders who are delayed, did you get a shipment notification and then it was like jk or did you not get a shipment notification. 

ive had a tracking number for almost two days yet the post hasn't received that package from them and now i'm scared 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

I love this album!!!! it’s a grower for sure! new shapes and good ones were my fave singles but out of the new ones it’s prob constant repeat & lightning… and move me! the janet vibes are so good. the breakup energy is palpable here and at times made my heart hurt tbh, her and her long-term bf seemed so good together and it makes me sad :crai:

GUYS I feel ~smart~ today bc at one point in time charli & I shared a single brainwave—she sings “you struck me down like lightning” and last summer I released my debut single where I sing “you struck me down with all your white lightning” !!! UMM HELLO LABELS CALL ME IF U WANT WALMART CHARLI VIBES

Just now, yourolllikethunder said:

I love this album!!!! it’s a grower for sure! new shapes and good ones were my fave singles but out of the new ones it’s prob constant repeat & lightning… and move me!

GUYS I feel ~smart~ today bc at one point in time charli & I shared a single brainwave—she sings “you struck me down like lightning” and last summer I released my debut single where I sing “you struck me down with all your white lightning” !!! UMM HELLO LABELS CALL ME IF U WANT WALMART CHARLI VIBES

when’s the remix dropping? :ma:

Just now, yourolllikethunder said:

brb trying to get ahold of her ppl, I’m *positive* they’ll take a call from a completely unknown artist :illumilana2:

being serious though the instrumentals leaked and you can do a soundcloud thing and just record your verse :oprah3:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i think this takes the cake so far for the worst take by a fan during this era

The quality sounds worse compared to the leak I have. Sounds grainy or more low quality somehow. I'm low key disappointed! How do I turn lossless quality off because it's watering these songs down.

4 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

Does the album sound different on Apple Music to everyone else? I feel like the lossless quality doesn't translate well with these songs :( 

Do you have dolby atmos turned on