Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, joejoejoejoey said:

kind of annoying she doesn't give AF about True Romance when it's like one of her very best :noparty:

I feel like the lengthy instagram post completely proves the opposite? Plus the fact she planned 10th anniversary merch and has been talking about concept of TR shows for years now. She clearly cares 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

WE JUST WANNA … BOUNCE :beyonce:

whoever has the real actual bounce final pls leak it

also im glad to see some activity in here, it fuckin died in here for a while

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

4 hours ago, sweetener said:

I feel like the lengthy instagram post completely proves the opposite? Plus the fact she planned 10th anniversary merch and has been talking about concept of TR shows for years now. She clearly cares 

I don’t doubt she cares but engagement with fans is completely dead now :facepalm: her Q&As were pretty good for xcx world etc since the backlash to crash she’s taken a seat back which is fine but come on- these questions were probs done by Sam Pringle 

5 hours ago, sweetener said:

i feel like she cared more about it a year, two years ago and is over it again 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I’ve been thinking about who was influenced by TR and I honestly can’t think of anyone- I do think the movement as a whole “alt pop tumblr girl” influenced but TR itself not really. 
The 80s influences were before their time but done much differently in comparison to say Dua Lipa. 

I’d argue her biggest influence came from her hyper pop era and sucker(more than TR).In suckers case you can see she revived female driven pop rock and it seems Olivia Rodrigo was atleast mildly inspired by her use of mixing film influences and pop rock from 00s/90s.There was also a wave of “90s” nostalgia music videos after sucker came out.

I think she’s trying to get at that people like Billie Eilish were inspired by her sonic template but I honestly do not hear it all despite TR being my favourite record it’s a cult classic that would be too difficult for most to replicate.

i thought lorde explicitly said she was inspired by grins though ribs is a better known song. 

i just remember when her and sky were releasing and it was like the battle of the tumblr gays as to who would have the better record and sky won by a landslide. 

i love true romance and it was released two weeks after a breakup for me, and i was 17 so it was incredible but it was horribly received back then even for stans. 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

I was about to say it was giving Lana with BTD's 10th anniversary, but Charli at least did a q&a and there's the merch so :agree: 

Happy belated bday True Romance. I wasn't here when it was released back then but after I heard her whole discography it immediately became one of my favourite albums of hers, and arguably of all albums I've heard too. What a perfectly crafted record, iconic :legend: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

9 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

You (Ha Ha Ha) was the song I discovered Charli with in middle school. I remember it being bigger than it seemed like it was. It seemed like it was everywhere then. I hope she does that song Justice one day :oprah:

omggg this is how i found her too back then it was her top song on spotify 😭

36 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

i thought lorde explicitly said she was inspired by grins though ribs is a better known song. 

i just remember when her and sky were releasing and it was like the battle of the tumblr gays as to who would have the better record and sky won by a landslide. 

i love true romance and it was released two weeks after a breakup for me, and i was 17 so it was incredible but it was horribly received back then even for stans. 

I think both were pretty equivalent acclaim wise then with pitchfork loving TR- to me night time my time hasn’t aged well- it sounds muddy and not in a good way mostly- still a good record but doesn’t touch True Romance by miles. 

I don’t remember lorde saying she was inspired by grins tbh.

Maybe you’re thinking of another record because TR was acclaimed.

57 minutes ago, American Bore said:

Are we expecting Coachella to be a Crash tour show?

itll probably be either similar to her lolla set from last year OR similar to her australia shows last month (with spicy, hot in it, boom clap, 1999)

43 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

Not @'ing you at all but rather commenting on this line - I honestly hate that aspect of fandom/standom so much. Work cannot exist on it's own, it's GOT to be compared to other artists, and there HAS to be a "this is better" argument. Someone always HAS to *win*. Newsflash to annoying stans - the presence of another artist's work doesn't devalue your fave.

I understand that we exist in an "attention economy" now, where everyone and everything attached to media consumption is vying for your attention and deliberately trying to starve out anything else so that you only focus on one thing, but...we don't have to buy into that??? So willingly??? This is art. it means different things at different times of the day, at different times of the week, of the year, of the decade, of our lives. It's going to come in and go out with the tides.

Tons of absolutely garbage music hits the top of the charts - quantity of streams/album sales isn't indicative of quality (correlation/causation), tons of absolutely amazing music never sees the light of day, and vice versa on it all. I always look at people who are going hard on "This record is better because...." and start stan wars - I'm just like "are you trying to convince me, or are you trying to convince yourself here?"

Superstans who make an artists' success a part of their personality and rank their own position in life relative to others by how well their fave is doing is just....so weird to me.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶