Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 hours ago, charli bby said:

Very early on, someone said the brat remix album in October and every day it feels more realistic 

There are no tour dates between october 23rd and november 27th. I hate to say it, but it would fit...

13 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Omg why 

GVo5KJPWYAA1o_i?format=jpg&name=medium

this is how i feel everytime charli trashes crash and previous discography on interviews to promote this record

angels ive returned to share a theory i have and its going to be so embarrassing if someone has already said this but here goes...

im reasonably confident that there's a version of rewind floating around thats exclusively produced by cirkut

the song has production credits from both ag cook and cirkut, but im pretty sure that its basically an ag cook remix of the presumed cirkut-only version. the song sounds so much like what other ag cook remixes of charli's songs sound like (see spinning vs the ag cook remix, beg for you vs the ag cook remix, maybe the von dutch remix to a lesser extent). i would absolutely not be surprised if a cirkut-only version is sitting on someone's hard drive somewhere so im just going to start saying

LEAK REWIND PROD. CIRKUT

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

gave brat another listen last night and the album really is musical excellence. 
i don’t care about grammys much but charli absolutely would deserve AOTY if she was nominated.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I’m only here bc I keep seeing memes like this:

IMG-3935.jpg

Are their political lyrics on Brat? I don’t understand why Charli is getting dragged?? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

14 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Omg why 

GVo5KJPWYAA1o_i?format=jpg&name=medium

I think it’s exceptionally unfair to drag Charli into US politics bc

1. She’s British 

2. She’s not actually made any political statements (AFAIK, correct me if I’m wrong) 

3. The Kamala campaign and Obama deciding to use her music probably wasn’t her choice or something she got much of a say in?

25 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think it’s exceptionally unfair to drag Charli into US politics bc

1. She’s British 

2. She’s not actually made any political statements (AFAIK, correct me if I’m wrong) 

3. The Kamala campaign and Obama deciding to use her music probably wasn’t her choice or something she got much of a say in?

She tweeted

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

^ she invited herself in and advocated for it, which is especially odd considering she IS british. a very slippery slope and now we have corny stuff like the coconut memes which are so… jaded. that flag was being burned because its such a strange statement to advocate for one thing while endorsing the other? then again not even sure why this album is now tied into american politics in the first place… its all very weird.

6-F87-F61-F-CE27-4-F20-BDDE-3780-E83-FE9

It’s tied to American politics bc Brat summer was trendy in America at the time that Biden stepped down and Kamala became the democratic candidate. Kamala’s campaign in trying to be trendy and appeal to younger voters embraced the Brat trend. Charli gave it her stamp of approval. There’s nothing weird or strange about it. It’s like how Kid Rock is tied to the Trump campaign, except no one is really checking on Kid Rock anymore

This is the last thing I will say on the matter, bc I do want this space to be fun and light for Charli XCX fans to discuss the music 🫶🤝:

I don't think Charli's political stance is controversial at all. I don't think Harris is controversial, in the context of American Politics. I don't think "Kamala is Brat" is even a political stance (again, she cannot even vote for her). 

This is a lot of weird outrage over nothing.