I'm not a big fan of Halsey. Her sound is pretty ahhn kinda generic. And New Americana? Sounds like something only white kids from the burbs will actually feel.

BUT!

I listened to her album with an open heart. Didnt enjoy the first half. LOOOOVED Colors (I did hear a live version previously).

Fav songs: Control, Young Gods, Colors, and Roman Holiday. Those songs... Specially Young Gods' lyrics, they were excellence.

In the end, her music is not for me. But she does create really good songs.

I'm not a big fan of Halsey. Her sound is pretty ahhn kinda generic. And New Americana? Sounds like something only white kids from the burbs will actually feel.

People keep recommending chicks like her and Ryn and Zella and I just kind of feel like the whole world has gone mad

("get a little bit suburban and go crazy") ...

People keep recommending chicks like her and Ryn and Zella and I just kind of feel like the whole world has gone mad

OT: I don't understand the hype for Zella, Ryn is the only one with any major pop crossover appeal and doesn't feel catered to 14-16 year old American teens

BzhmW.png

OT: I don't understand the hype for Zella, Ryn is the only one with any major pop crossover appeal and doesn't feel catered to 14-16 year old American teens

but shes catered to 17-22 year old tumblr people lolwith her faux feminism

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I didn't save that track unfortunately so there's no evidence it's anything more than coincidence. But if it were related somehow to her song of the same name it would cast significant doubt on the official narrative about how/when she got signed.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Dont even know who Ryn and Zella are, lmaooo  :eek: so you can tell how irrelevant that are.

But Halsey is just missing something key for me. I think I love the song Young God because it reminds me of Lana. Dont know if someone mentioned this already but... like this is LANA AF. (MY OPINION)

He says, "Oh, baby girl, you know we're gonna be legends

I'm a king and you're a queen and we will stumble through heaven

If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

I know you wanna go to heaven, but you're human tonight"

He says, "Oh, baby girl, don't get cut on my edges

I'm the king of everything and oh, my tongue is a weapon

There's a light in the crack that's separating your thighs

And if you wanna go to heaven you, should fuck me tonight"

A bit off topic but as for the Zella, Ryn, and Halsey debuts I'd say quality wise it's Zella>Halsey>Ryn

Yeah.......Ryn really dropped the ball with The Fool. Had she waited half a year and really worked at it, it could've been fantastic. But beyond the Promises EP and the title track (and the live version of Pierre) the album fell way short of expectations. Especially for a debut

but shes catered to 17-22 year old tumblr people lolwith her faux feminism

no shade, but do you even have a grasp on what this is because you bring it up a lot and it seems like you don't have a solid understanding

I wouldn't consider Ryn a 'faux feminist' and I'm getting hella sick of that being a cop out reason on LB to dislike artists

BzhmW.png

no shade, but do you even have a grasp on what this is because you bring it up a lot and it seems like you don't have a solid understanding

I wouldn't consider Ryn a 'faux feminist' and I'm getting hella sick of that being a cop out reason on LB to dislike artists

well not faux, white feminist

We shouldn't be dismissive of intersectional feminists because they're white. Their perspective as a whole of being a woman in a predominantly male society is important. she's not sitting here telling black women on twitter that she hates them, or that she knows what it's like to be black in America

BzhmW.png

I don't like Ryn and she definitly posts a lot of crap but so does Azealia now what makes her superior to Ryn?

This black vs white pitting in pointless situations is so f*cking stupid, like what's the goal behind this?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This black vs white pitting in pointless situations is so f*cking stupid

why are white people the only ones ever saying this? :\

also why are you guys just assuming halsey is some HUUUUGE lana stan? like "OMG, you worked with Lana? OMG, Can I work with you? OMG, you've got a backing track you wrote for Lana that she didn't use? OMG, can I use it? Great! I'll name it after one of her unreleased tracks!" is just ridiculous and there go all the lipsters liking the post as if he dragged the fuck out of halsey. cause tim larcombe couldnt have just given her a track without mentioning lana? kelly clarkson is a massive beyonce fan so she copied halo on already gone -- no it was the producers fault and thats good enough alibi.

like i appreciate evilentity's informative in-depth posts but tbh that is a massive invasive skill that hardly many more people (let alone the lana fanbase) can touch

why are white people the only ones ever saying this? :\

also why are you guys just assuming halsey is some HUUUUGE lana stan? like "OMG, you worked with Lana? OMG, Can I work with you? OMG, you've got a backing track you wrote for Lana that she didn't use? OMG, can I use it? Great! I'll name it after one of her unreleased tracks!" is just ridiculous and there go all the lipsters liking the post as if he dragged the fuck out of halsey. cause tim larcombe couldnt have just given her a track without mentioning lana? kelly clarkson is a massive beyonce fan so she copied halo on already gone -- no it was the producers fault and thats good enough alibi.

like i appreciate evilentity's informative in-depth posts but tbh that is a massive invasive skill that hardly many more people (let alone the lana fanbase) can touch

Even though I agree with you 100%, Halsey said she's a Lana fan and it's nobody is at fault for using parts of an instrumental.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I don't like Ryn and she definitly posts a lot of crap but so does Azealia now what makes her superior to Ryn?

This black vs white pitting in pointless situations is so f*cking stupid, like what's the goal behind this?

and what does azealia has to do with anything? I havent say azealia is some kind of angel or sjw, in fact she just fight for herself and i dont care