Eulonzo

Britney Spears

Honestly, I recently revisited Glory and it is a great album, definitely one of Britney's best! I'd say the weakest thing about this era was the visual direction, the Make Me... video scandal and then that album cover! However this new album cover and the leaked music video really shows that Britney was on top form. I'm just imagining the era launching with Make Me..., getting the LaChapelle video. Then the pre-order with that album cover! Followed by the amazing Slumber Party video.

Fingers crossed they update all versions of the album with this artwork (add Mood Ring too) and any potential reprints. And we can forget about that Randee screenshot.

what the fuckkkkkk i thought it was fanmade when i first saw it on my twitter timeline, something about it feels off but it's definitely a million times better than the one we had

Okay I'm on Slumber Party and so far I feel like I haven't listened to a single bad track, however I feel like this album really needs a rearrangement of the tracklist maybe that would fix it's problems, while I don't dislike some songs I would definitely skip them.

8nl2OpX.png

I feel like this album really needs a rearrangement of the tracklist maybe that would fix it's problems, while I don't dislike some songs I would definitely skip them.

This is how I'm currently listening... I'd replace Slumber Party with the original solo version. And add Mood Ring somewhere.

01. Invitation

02. Make Me...

03. Private Show

04. Clumsy

05. Do You Wanna Come Over?

06. Man On The Moon

07. If I'm Dancing

08. Slumber Party

09. Just Luv Me

10. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

11. Coupure Electrique

12. Love Me Down

13. Just Like Me

14. Liar

15. What You Need

Honestly, I recently revisited Glory and it is a great album, definitely one of Britney's best! I'd say the weakest thing about this era was the visual direction, the Make Me... video scandal and then that album cover! However this new album cover and the leaked music video really shows that Britney was on top form. I'm just imagining the era launching with Make Me..., getting the LaChapelle video. Then the pre-order with that album cover! Followed by the amazing Slumber Party video.

Fingers crossed they update all versions of the album with this artwork (add Mood Ring too) and any potential reprints. And we can forget about that Randee screenshot.

wait what?! a who video leaked?!

~INSTA1.gif

i'm really happy with the change, it's a serve

btw i see y'all talking about Glory and i just wanna say this is one of her best albums

tbh i don't skip nothing, it's one of the few albums of Britney that neither one of the songs got me bored (along with Britney, In the Zone and Blackout)

Do You Wanna Come Over deserved the world but the world don't deserved her

Changed the cover art of my files, it looks so good and I'm listening to it now :krylie: Maybe now that the bland cover's gone I can enjoy the album more, fingers crossed. Btw the tracks I've liked from the beginning are Invitation, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party (solo, I never even acknowledge the Tinashe feat), Just Like Me, Change Your Mind (NSC), Liar, Coupure Électrique and obviously Mood Ring

Sat here, with the new album cover, I really am reflecting on what a great era Glory was for Britney.

Starting off with Pretty Girls, she was singing her own songs again, the video was fun and very her. She was collaborating with Iggy, somebody she'd spoken about wanting to collab with for a few years. She revamped the vegas show bringing back her own and fan favourites like Breathe On Me and Touch Of My Hand. She was really killing it on stage and seemed to be having fun. The Billboard performance of Pretty Girls is one of her best.

Then in 2016 she came back with the Billboard medley, probably her best solo award show performance since I'm A Slave 4 U at the VMAs! We got Make Me... as the lead, a new sound for her and it was on trend and the single cover was one of if not her best single artworks. We found out LaChapelle was on board, he'd came out of retirement for this project. She was doing lots of interviews and teasers, the promo was good considering her commitment to Vegas.

Sadly, the original video was canned but at least they gave us a new visual, definitely not her best but we know now what was originally planned and it would've been an iconic video for her. We then got multiple televised performances of the lead single, here in the UK she performed on Jonathan Ross, did interviews with Lorraine and Loose Women. Britney was back!

Then came Glory! She was working with new (for her) and upcoming producers and writers, DJ Mustard, Burns, Julia and Justin. We got Private Show as a promo single, which came with a stunning visual to coincide with the new fragrance. The song was fun, clearly one of her favourites and fresh for Britney (coming off the back of the EDM inspired 8th album). Next was Clumsy, a song that she'd talked about a lot and was praised for the Oops! moment, not my favourite but you can tell she's having fun and her personality is all over this track. Finally, we got Do You Wanna Come Over? Arguably the most In The Zone track we've had since 2003! She added it to the Vegas show and we got an exclusive live performance of the track.

The album was released and wow! She delivered! 18 brand new songs, her most on a body of work since Circus. All of them are her singing and none of them are interludes. Honestly, her most fun, original yet cohesive record since Blackout. She returned to the VMAs for the first time since that performance, 9 years prior. Not her most memorable but definitely a big moment in her career.

I admit they fucked up with the second single, waiting so long to put it out but we got Slumber Party, her team listened. This time remixed with Tinashe and her best music video since god knows when. Sadly it didn't get the promo it deserved but it was still a great release and really made up for the Make Me... video incident.

And now with that album cover! It really proves Glory lives up to it's title... 

That new Glory cover’s such a serve ugh. I wish they put it on the deluxe edition aswell. I don’t get why this wasn’t used instead of that screenshot they gave the original. Her team’s truly terrible.

qfrWuBl.png

Pretty Girls was utter trash.

it's definitely not her best but following on from Britney Jean. It was certainly a step in the right direction, Britney was singing the song and the whole song... She was also collaborating with somebody she was fond of and had wanted to work with. Her personality shone through a bit more on this single too and it was just fun. She seemed to enjoy the song, video and performances.