Eulonzo

Britney Spears

i still think femme fatale is underrated by some, this album was so well done, it has some of her most "experimental" sounds (how i roll, trip to your heart, big fat bass) mixed with electropop that actually aged pretty well and doesn't sound dated, she served some bops that were quite different from what she did previously like he about to lose me, inside out and don't keep me waiting 

and scary (the japanese bonus track) is literally pop perfection, it should've make into the album bc it's so good

I think I'm the only one that thinks it sounds very dated. I used to love it back in 2011 but now cannot listen to it, I cannot stand the production. It couldn't be released in 2020 and sound fresh

I don't get all the praise that Glory gets. I find the album incredibly bland, forgettable and generic. Make Me, Slumber Party and Mood Ring are the only tracks that are decent imo.

Exactly... it's the only Britney album I didn't rush to buy immediately (and I only have it because my bf got the Japanese CD for my birthday like six months later because Mood Ring). I remember seeing the cover art for Make Me... and thinking something like "omg old Britney is back" but the song aged like milk and it's one of the worst she's put out. DYWCO and Clumsy were fun for a minute but the production has bothered me from the beginning. I hate the faded cover and the fact that it's pretty much only a still from the messy and forced video - that has no right to exist - they had to shoot because someone decided to shelve the controversial LaChapelle video. Okay the POV of G-Eazy is somewhat gross but I'd much rather look at him than the last minute video ever again.

I don't get all the praise that Glory gets. I find the album incredibly bland, forgettable and generic. Make Me, Slumber Party and Mood Ring are the only tracks that are decent imo.

Make Me sucks, and I'm the first to admit that Blackout, Circus etc. have higher highs. But I think Glory works really well as an album, it's very consistent quality-wise, which to me makes it more enjoyable to listen to as a whole. Obviously her older albums have all the hits, but also lots of misses.

In a way, the Japanese version of Glory is the perfect Britney package for me. You get all 18 Glory tracks + that best-of bonus CD.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Make Me sucks, and I'm the first to admit that Blackout, Circus etc. have higher highs. But I think Glory works really well as an album, it's very consistent quality-wise, which to me makes it more enjoyable to listen to as a whole. Obviously her older albums have all the hits, but also lots of misses.

In a way, the Japanese version of Glory is the perfect Britney package for me. You get all 18 Glory tracks + that best-of bonus CD.

Same. I think Glory is very cohesive as a whole, there's a few songs that could be left out, but still very much an step up from BJ but not as good as the older albums.

I feel like if she had chosen a different song to be the lead (love me down, slumber party) things could've gone a little different because make me was such a fiasco all around, the whole MV situation was really a let down and it kinda "stained" the rest of the era

I really didn't like it when it first came out, however I revisited it lately and switched a few songs around and I found it much more enjoyable! It was refreshing after Femme Fatale and Britney Jean both being EDM influenced (and Britney Jean was underwhelming anyways). But yeah, definitely not her best. It was nice to have her personality shine through again though.

Anyways here's how I listen to it lately...

01. Invitation

02. Make Me... [ft. G Eazy]

03. Private Show

04. Clumsy

05. Do You Wanna Come Over?

06. Man On The Moon

07. If I'm Dancing

08. Slumber Party

09. Just Luv Me

10. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

11. Love Me Down

12. Liar

13. Just Like Me

14. Mood Ring

15. Coupure Electrique

Honestly it varies

01. Blackout

02. In The Zone

03. Femme Fatale

04. Glory

05. Circus

06. Britney

07. Oops... I Did It Again

08. ...Baby One More Time

09. Britney Jean

ok so here's my least favorites from the albums

bomt: can't judge much bc it's truly a late-90s album, it's dated of course, but the beat goes on it's probably the most unberable nowadays

oops: can't make you love me / when your eyes say it

britney: bombastic love, i just can't with this one

in the zone: 404 error not found

blackout: 404 error not found

circus: mmm papi

ff: maaaaaybe, just maybe criminal (it's the most regular-sounding one)

bj: well................ we are going to pretend we didn't heard any of that

glory: clumsy, do you wanna come over, private show

to say the favorites it's very hard bc even though britney have some filler songs, most of her catalog it's pretty damn good

on spotify this version is actually displayed separately and the old one is still there which makes glory doubled and it gives me anxiety cause every other album has only one version displayed xbdjks