Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

One last thing, Lana's singing technique has gotten so much fiercer. Am I the only one getting into how this tramp has seemingly perfected a vibrato, a few runs, and melisma. Work, Lana. Her phrasing and diction have always been crisp, too. She is "SANGING" this damn song, without the extras. Slay.

Per usual, she makes something unexpected and totally gorgeous. Perfection! A mix of Paradise and Ultraviolence, but with that B&W movie vibe and edge of real creepiness. I LOVE IT! This is a great song to use to introduce people to Lana. 

The video, though ... will it be longer eventually?! ;) 

I think this song would be improved if the she only said "say you want me too" and "dark blue" once each after the chorus...The rhyme scheme and repetition is a tad exhausting, but I'm satisfied with it as an atmosphere track.

Do you think she will post the full homemade music video of Honeymoon? I thought she would have posted it instead of the lyric video.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Still #1 on Billboard's last 24 hours Real Time Trending 140 chart

realtimebillboard.com/?chart=last24hours

http://realtime.billboard.com/?chart=last24hours

It would be great if someone who knows how to show a screen saver could post this to the board while it is still in its first 24 hours.

I don't know how to do that

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It was boring af. Tbh. Like Im so glad she said some songs would be "muddy trap" because I couldn't take a whole album of this. It was slow and sleepy. That's just my opinion. But this is Lana boards so I know someone's gonna try to come at me for how I feel.

That breakdown/bridge was fire tho.

I believe that this will be the opening track of the album. The song starts with a soft and slow mood and puts my mind in that dreamy phase in which I always get while I lay in the sun and almost fall asleep. And then from the bridge onwards it kinda sounds like the intro or the kick off for an album.

Tbh the first two choruses are a snoozefest imo  :toofunny:  However I love the scary, crime-like vibes and the production and her vocals finally sound clear again  :flutter:

The bridge and everything that comes after it are definitely my favorite part of the song ! 

After listening to the song I developed a concept for the album in my head. It's like you're falling asleep, then you have crazy dreams (MTWBT and so on) and then in the end the closing track will make you wake up into reality again. I'm just really excited now and can't wait to find out in which direction this album will go !

Right now I can't decide if Honeymoon won't get super boring in the future but for now I love it  :hooker:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Still #1 on Billboard's last 24 hours Real Time Trending 140 chart

realtimebillboard.com/?chart=last24hours

http://realtime.billboard.com/?chart=last24hours

It would be great if someone who knows how to show a screen saver could post this to the board while it is still in its first 24 hours.

I don't know how to do that

Here you go. :) (click on image to enlarge)

v68sj8il.png

I dont know what to say yet.. so i won't say anything for awhile..

dont want to be construed as negative, and ruin the moment..

her voice is beautiful as always, but the song doesn't grab me by the boo boo just yet.. as others of her did.

i wish it did, need more time, more listens..

one thing for sure, Lana is not the same Lana from a year ago, or 2 years ago..

regardless, what she puts out in the future (now), her great voice/style/sound/writing, will always be my favorite EVER.

actually what i really want, is to listen to the FULL ALBUM in its entirety. i really, really wish it was out sooner than September..

anyone else think of jfk and the jfk assasination during the bridge though? 

"there are violets in your eyes"which kind of makes me think of how eyes may look after someone is dead

"there are guns that blaze around you".. well u know the part when he was shot.

"there are roses in between my thighs" Jackie Kennedy had a bouquet of roses on her lap when JFK was killed. i remember some interview where she talked about all the roses people had.

"its no wonder every man in town had neither fought nor found you" sort of has the same message of these lyrics "He was the king of the town with a crown that would never fall" ,"One in a million, inimitable song" 

maybe I'm reaching but i just thought i would share :)

https://vimeo.com/133531161

so whipped this lil guy up.. ever since i first read the bridge lyrics when they came out I've been envisioning this

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo