naachoboy

Lana interview for V Magazine with James Franco

The Beach Boys. Pet Sounds. I love Dennis Wilson's solo stuff. 

On December 28, 1983, shortly after his 39th birthday, Dennis drowned at Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, after drinking all day and then diving in the afternoon, to recover items he had thrown overboard at the marina from his yacht three years prior. -Source

xZoM5mX.png

Did we figure out a piece of the puzzle that is Lana?! :defeated:

EDIT: There's also so many allusions to drowning and the ocean in Lana's work so it's kind of an interesting theory...

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

inb4 the person who said that the first 4 songs are slow and then the rest are mid--tempo and fast was right.

:hairflip:

And thank you for the concept album quote, Lana. :creep:

---

She sounds so articulate in this interview...it's really great.

I wonder if Florida Kilos will still be used for The Trap, but we'll have to wait for 2017 :tsk:

She would probably write a different song for it by that time tbh, which more fully expresses where she is then and who she is and all that...

I actually think James Franco was the perfect person to interview her because he seems to really understand her and her art and he's obviously not going to ask/publish anything that sheds a negative light on her. It was refreshing to read an interview that wasn't riddled with controversial topics. I want him for all of her interviews.

I wonder where the sections are? Like where do the slow songs turn to fast songs and where do they turn back to slow songs again towards the end?

I'm thinking God Knows I Tried will start slow and build up and then from HBTB through to Religion or Salvatore will be fast?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I now feel fooled about my entire conception of Music to Watch Boys To

Watch it not even say the title in the song at all, like Terrence Loves You, 

and she'll drone "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. Dark blue. Dark blue. Dark blue."