annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

This album confuses me a lot. I literally played UV for repeat for dayssss on end. I feel like I'm gonna move on to something else by next week, but I still think it's better than UV? What the fuck is happening?  :oprah2:

I'm still waiting to listen it all tomorrow, idk why lmao, but I only heard Freak in FLAC and it's so awesome, so so sexy, I'm very happy that it is gapless in one part! That's a cool detail.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I am not sure what to think of this album yet. It's a good, solid record I'd say but I feel like I don't get it. I feel like all her other records were more cohesive and expressive idk. I loved the previously released songs but from the rest only one or two are intriguing enough for me to return to the record atm. But it will take me more listens to dive deeper into this, understand it & maybe appreciate it more. I'll probably stan hard af in a week, I'm the person who couldn't stand WC at first till it became one of my all time faves

so has anyone gone after lana for sayin ghetto in Art Deco? :creep:

I thought the same thing oh my god

kySyfQZ.jpg

1. Honeymoon - 2
  2. MTWBT - 6.8
  3. TERRENCE - 9.6
  4. GKIT - 10
  5. HBTB - 8.9
  6. Freak - 8
  7. ART DECO - 9
  8. RELIGION - 9.6
  9. SALVATORE - 4
  10. TBD - 10
  11. 24 - 3
  12. Swan - 5
  13. DLMBM - 1

Score: 7/10

Salvatore 4? Swan Song 5? mtwbt 6????? :crazy: ......what kind of inaccuracy :icant: 

I wish Lana would try a little harder with the chorus'

Really? i think the choruses on the new album are what make it really. I loved Ultraviolence but its choruses were a little lower key in comparison to BTD/Paradise, i think Honeymoon for the most part is a return to that sort of bigger production.

whenever someone mentions Salvatore i immediately sing in my head "salvatore you can deff be my baby blue" smh...

i'm about to have a listen to the album in the highest qual we have (if someone PMs me LOL), sooooo pumped, already in love with it. gonna listen to the whole thing start to finish

Oh I thought the lyric was can death be my baby boo? I like it that better... But I guess it wouldn't make sense with Salvatore you in front

I haven't listened to the album yet. Idk how it will compare to BTD:P. Cause everytime I listen it sounds fresh that's whh I love those albums.

so has anyone gone after lana for sayin ghetto in Art Deco? :creep:

I was listening to the album today and I had a premonition of some douchey big-name publication like Pitchfork pointing it out and then bringing up Lana's unreleased songs like Ghetto Baby and Gangsta Boy, and then some other publication picked it up and decided to do a whole essay just on Lana being racist.  :hoe:

149o3h3.jpg

I actually prefer The Other Woman to DLMBM :crai: But then again, I was never one of the many TOW haters...

same here TOW is perfect :crai:

I was listening to the album today and I had a premonition of some douchey big-name publication like Pitchfork pointing it out and then bringing up Lana's unreleased songs like Ghetto Baby and Gangsta Boy, and then some other publication picked it up and decided to do a whole essay just on Lana being racist. :hoe:

how is the word ghetto racist though....

White people aren't allowed to say ghetto or ratchet anymore.

:azealia: but what if you're white and you live in the ghetto?? "the poor side of town" is soo long. idk i find cultural appropriation to be useless. I mean the whole "this is mine and that is yours" or the "we'll always be different from eachother so don't adopt my culture" attitude got old a long time ago. The more we keep stressing over how different we are the more problems we got. but idk maybe cause I'm mixed I see both sides

i love that repetitive metallic sound effect that happens during the background of art deco

I was going to say something about this..similar effects it appears trough the album

"Futureretro"