annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I don't get the Born to Die stans too. She gets better and better with every album and they want the "old" lana back.

memories are always beautiful i guess.

when she came out of nowhere and everything was so fresh and new.

=====================

anyways, now playing: swan song  :defeated:

so epic!

giphy.gif

So far :

-Honeymoon 3/5

-Music to Watch Boys to 4/5

-Terrence Loves you 3/5

-God Knows I tried 3,5/5

-High by the Beach 3/5

-Freak 2,5/5

-Art Deco 2,5/5

-Burnt Norton 4/5

-Religion 3,5/5

-Salvatore 1,5/5

-The Blackest Day 2,5/5

-24 2/5

-Swan Song 2/5

-Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood either 1/5 or 4,5/5, can't really know

:pft: Not really into it. Regarding the reviews I also fear that it's gonna be her worst era so far

Hyped for the MTWBT video tho, can't wait

So far :

-Honeymoon 3/5

-Terrence Loves you 3/5

-God Knows I tried 3,5/5

-High by the Beach 3/5

-Freak 2,5/5

-Art Deco 2,5/5

-Burnt Norton 4/5

-Religion 3,5/5

-Salvatore 1,5/5

-The Blackest Day 2,5/5

-24 2/5

-Swan Song 2/5

:pft: Not really into it. Regarding the reviews I fear that it's also gonna be her worst era so far

:eek:

So far :

-Honeymoon 3/5

-Terrence Loves you 3/5

-God Knows I tried 3,5/5

-High by the Beach 3/5

-Freak 2,5/5

-Art Deco 2,5/5

-Burnt Norton 4/5

-Religion 3,5/5

-Salvatore 1,5/5

-The Blackest Day 2,5/5

-24 2/5

-Swan Song 2/5

:pft: Not really into it. Regarding the reviews I fear that it's also gonna be her worst era so far

...burnt norton as the best track ...l.....cant..... 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I'm not really feeling Art Deco now, honestly. I rarely ever do say that, but I just don't like it as much as the other songs. Song I most listened to was Swan Song, an absolute beauty by my book. 

obUZKpb.gif

I don't get pressed over much but why the hell is there full lyrics for Honeymoon and the one cover in the album but not the rest of the songs. I'm legit annoyed I'd rather have one or the other, bits or full.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

After a few listens my favourite are

Religion, Salvatore, Art Deco, Freak, MTWBT, HBTB, HM.... Religion is probably my favourite now, that chorus fucking slays and is hands down the highlight of the album for me.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is just being skipped at this point lol.

I'm not really feeling Art Deco now, honestly. I rarely ever do say that, but I just don't like it as much as the other songs. Song I most listened to was Swan Song, an absolute beauty by my book. 

Swan Song is my second fave song after Freak, it's truly totally great

I rated all of the songs and came up with an average overall score of 7.5/10, it's definitely my least favourite out of her releases so far excluding AKA. It's solid, but the only song that wowed me was MTWB, and the other highlights are TLY, Freak, The Blackest Day and Swan Song. It seems unfocused, less cohesive as a body of work. The production is the standout aspect of the record, but melodically it's actually quite weak I think. It'll keep me going until the next one though.

my review after the first listen:

Honeymoon: 8/10

-A cute opener. very atmospheric and cinematic, especially the intro. Love the harmony and the orchestra production. And those little jazzy elements pave the way for the next few tracks. It may not be an instant favourite but the replay value is quite high and it will grow on you. Love the "we both know the history of violence surrounds you" line, it's more like a farewell to ULTRAVIOLENCE, it suits well when you play this album after UV.

Music to Watch Boys To: 8.5/10

-Very cinematic. The flute did make the song very exotic. I can envision a "mermaid watching boys on the beach" scene. the chorus is catchy but the theme is quite UV-like. Love the "Nothing gold can stay" lines, it's like the opposite of "i will love you till the end of time" in blue jeans. it somehow makes me feel like she will destroy everything before her lover leaves her.

Terrence Loves You: 9/10

-Very cinematic and promising for being "Jazzy". the structure is just like HM but it's more assessable and the chorus and bridge are so much more epic that the former one. the guitar in the intro and the jazz instruments playing are what makes this song so timeless. and the lyrics are beautiful too.

God Knows I Tried: 8.5/10

-It's the beginning of how she merged the western film/Italian exploitation film soundtrack elements into this record. it feels like it's a song from the 40s. but somehow the chorus is a little bit repetitive due to the multiple times of "god knows i tried". it would be better if she replaced "tried" with something rhymes. (even a "sad girl/bad girl/mad girl" variation would sound so much better)

High By The Beach: 8/10

-The first track that contains a trap beat. love the harmony and the new powerful woman figure she described in the song. it's catchy too. 

Freak: 7.5/10

-Very sexy. And the production is really great and I love how the beats drop during the chorus and the bridge. but there's one thing really annoys me - that is the melody in this song, especially between the 2nd verse & the chorus, it's really weird. Love the bridge. but the last chorus seems so weak. and the ending sounds so odd, it's like it's lacking of something, I would like to have a more powerful outro tbh. (and the vocal sounds like some demos too, that makes the song a little but interior to the others imo)

Art Deco: 9/10

-I love the production so much, especially the intro. It's very special. it's like FKA twigs and SZA's beats meet LDR's signature vocals. I love tracks with "just enough" amount of details. and the production in the song is nearly perfect and I can def. see how the producers place their efforts to polish the track.

Burnt Norton: 7/10

Religion: 8/10

Salvatore: 8/10

The Blackest Day: 10/10

24: 9/10

Swan Song: 9/10

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood; 7/10

id try to write the comment later. my emotions are so complicated now. 

giphy.gif

Swan Song is my second fave song after Freak, it's truly totally great

Well said, my friend. Freak is, also, so catchy. I love it. My favourites would be along the lines of Swan Song, Freak, Salvatore, MTWBT, Terrence Loves You and God Knows I Tried. I also don't find myself liking Religion anytime soon, seems rather repetitive to me.

obUZKpb.gif