annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I just want Lana to take a break, get inspired, and actually have a successful era.The Honeymoon era was just not up to par. Whoever is managing Lana seriously needs to be fired. She has all the potential and resources in the world to make videos, appear on shows, do radio interviews.... but it appears as though she's settling and not living up to her own hype. 

It sucks when you see someone with so much potential just letting things slip by, career wise(compared to other artists). But if Lana is happy with the way things are going then I guess we should all be happy too  :pft:

I agree with the management side of this but, if they managed her better and Lana wasn't as happy with how things are the era probably would have been better, IMO the music is perfectly fine.

qsVmBMd.png

HM is not a commercial failure, Therres no way she can match the sales of BTD when it's been out for longer, had way more promo, and then had a re release to up the sales LMAO.

Compared to other pop garbage on the radio, she's alternative. Her sales are very good for a female alt singer, especially considering how the US media treats her.

It IS a commercial failure. When Halsey is outselling her, when Melanie Martinez will outsell her in the US very soon and Lorde releases y'all will see what I am talking about.

Others are catching up while she falls back. She lost round 90% of her audience. That is the biggest drop of any female singer since she has debuted. If that is not alarming, then I don't know what else is. I mean, this is not just the sales climate. And nobody is expecting her to do BTD numbers, but with Honeymoon she hasn't even served the quality of UV. It is just a boring record that drags on forever with no focus or drive.

With her next album she can compete with Marina and her numbers. It's a shame and a waste of her potential.

It's very hard to compare these numbers. The contemporary artists you've named are all at different points in their careers. Of course Adele is going to have huge numbers--she fell off the face of the Earth for a while and the hype grew because her album 21 was a HUGE worldwide smash, which many solo females don't have their entire career (excluding Alanis Morissette and Taylor Swift, Madonna)

The album was released in the third quarter of the year and is only behind Adele, Madonna (who's album was released over 6 months before HM), and Meghan Trainor (which I genuinely cannot explain how or why) in worldwide album sales. That's actually quite impressive.

Being in the top 4 selling albums of the year is not a failure. Especially considering that the content she released is FAR from radio-friendly/accessible to age groups (especially compared to Adele and Meghan Trainor, anybody from children to senior citizens can sing along, unlike, say HBTB).

It's very hard to compare these numbers. The contemporary artists you've named are all at different points in their careers. Of course Adele is going to have huge numbers--she fell off the face of the Earth for a while and the hype grew because her album 21 was a HUGE worldwide smash, which many solo females don't have their entire career (excluding Alanis Morissette and Taylor Swift, Madonna)

The album was released in the third quarter of the year and is only behind Adele, Madonna (who's album was released over 6 months before HM), and Meghan Trainor (which I genuinely cannot explain how or why) in worldwide album sales. That's actually quite impressive.

Being in the top 4 selling albums of the year is not a failure. Especially considering that the content she released is FAR from radio-friendly/accessible to age groups (especially compared to Adele and Meghan Trainor, anybody from children to senior citizens can sing along, unlike, say HBTB).

My opinion and I think what also leaked_version is trying to say is she's doing good but declining. She needs to reach her full potential and stay steady. She can do a lot better than this. Why not try to achieve that?

This morning I choked of laughter, giggling over this Lorde post and the Lana reference being one of the most liked comments below the picture  :lmao:

aqPXGYP.png

34UU4AO.png

Bwahahaha this comment really made my day yesterday :kiss: Unfortunately Lizorde has deleted that comment today....Luckily I took screen shots yesterday and it was at 206 likes XD

Next I wish someone makes this sort of comment under Granny Swifts Facebook posts....That will be fun to watch XD

Bwahahaha this comment really made my day yesterday :kiss: Unfortunately Lizorde has deleted that comment today....Luckily I took screen shots yesterday and it was at 206 likes XD

Next I wish someone makes this sort of comment under Granny Swifts Facebook posts....That will be fun to watch XD

Yes, Granny Swift is 1000x times worse than Lorde in my opinion. In fact, I actually like Lorde and her music is good. I do still love the Lana/Lorde feud jokes though, they're hilarious. But anyway, Granny Swift is horrible in every way. At least Lorde was young when she made those comments about Lana, and she even recently linked to essays that basically confirm she takes back what she said before, so she's forgiven. But Granny Swift will never be forgiven for plagiarising Lana's lyrics, style, imagery, sound and melodies. I mean, it's a perpetual cycle of Granny Swift copying Lana. At least Lorde's music is original and thought-provoking to some extent, unlike Grannæ Swift who literally just copied and pasted everything Lana worked hard for and all of her songs are so redundant and pointless.

This morning I choked of laughter, giggling over this Lorde post and the Lana reference being one of the most liked comments below the picture  :lmao:

aqPXGYP.png

34UU4AO.png

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG NO FUCKING WAYYYYYYYYYY. MY IMPACT!!!! LEGEND!!!!! :air2:

ZKcaooE.png

I really don't think we will be getting anymore music videos for this era and I honsetly don't mind tbh. The visuals this era haven't been very cohesive or strong they're just plain dull.

I really liked the HM snippet tralier through. That was very reminiscent of how I imagined HM era as a whole would look like. It snatched my weave on multiple levels.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371