Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Lana’s Best Album / Your Favourite

Now that Honeymoon has been released, which album is your favorite?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Lana album

• Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust for Life
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Blue Banisters
    • Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

IMO there are many fillers and bad things about the era

Not IMHO if we're talking about the 15 tracks on BTD. Not a single song there I dislike or would commonly skip over as I do on her other albums. Paradise had a couple of duds (Yayo, which is my least favorite officially released LDR song of all time) and Burning Desire. But I don't view BTD itself as having any filler or bad songs.

I honestly think the anguish and torture of choosing between Born To Die and Ultraviolence would be equal to Sophie's choice. Both of them are magnum opuses, ultimate classics. BTD has more distinguished, irreplaceable, anthological singles which set the anchor ideals, and Ultraviolence is one blended, monumental, monadic emotional experience. So, they are equal in the long run.

It is still early for me to put Honeymoon in the race, although it grows on me with astral speed.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Right now its a tie between Honeymoon and Paradise with AKA being a close second. I want to wait until Honeymoon isn't so new but I'm fully anticipating saying in 6 months that Honeymoon is my favorite. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I honestly can't pick, because they're all great in different ways. I think UV and the Paradise EP are her best when it comes to writing, Honeymoon is the best when it comes to production and atmosphere, and BTD is just great in how fun it is to listen to. 

I never really thought about it this way, but I agree with that statement a lot !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I honestly think the anguish and torture of choosing between Born To Die and Ultraviolence would be equal to Sophie's choice. Both of them are magnum opuses, ultimate classics. BTD has more distinguished, irreplaceable, anthological singles which set the anchor ideals, and Ultraviolence is one blended, monumental, monadic emotional experience. So, they are equal in the long run.

It is still early for me to put Honeymoon in the race, although it grows on me with astral speed.

I agree with this. Ultraviolence is much more coherent and to me, an overall better album. BTD has some of the greatest standout songs/singles I think of any of her albums so far (BTD, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness), but I skip a lot of the rest of the songs on the album. Although they're good, I just prefer mainly listening to those instead of the whole album whereas I much rather listen to UV all the way through. Honeymoon is too early for me to judge as well. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

There's something magical about Ultraviolence that I can't quite put my finger on. It didn't top BTD for me whatsoever when it first came out, but now it's one of my favorite albums ever to listen to from start to finish, and I connect to the vibe it gives off very deeply. While I'm more likely to listen to the individual songs of BTD and Honeymoon more often, UV as a full album ranks higher than both. Idk how to describe it really...

TBH, I'd pick Ultraviolence. It maybe Lana's worst but I like how she experiments new tunes and new moods. 

+ Without it, Lana's fire wouldn't come back.

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy