LDRO

Instagram Updates

I feel like one point people are missing is that she is specifically talking about the backlash she received from critics, other singers and writers. People were saying Ariana, Beyoncé etc. received death threats and all this horrible stuff but those didn't come from the people she is calling out but from awful stans, racists, misogynists etc. Critics and writers didn't tell Beyoncé to not be outspoken about police brutality but praised her for doing so. Writers and critics didn't write Ariana Grande death threats for Thank U Next but praised her for being open about her emotions. 

None of this was ever addressed to EVERYONE. It's just like... if it's not about you stop being offended. It's like men being offended by "all men are pigs" if you're not (or think you're not) great, no need to be offended, no need to write a paragraph on "nOt aLl mEn"...

I do agree that this shouldn't have been posted as is because it's missing clarity and there are certain parts distracting from the main subject matter she tried to address... so I think Lana has smth to learn and also if this was read by anyone before she posted it i dont know what the fuck they were thinking letting her do those name drops. Cause take those out and there is no issue here. 

why is everyone mad at the namedropping when it is so very obvious lana loves these gals and their music and shes only dropping the names to point out the hypocrisy

nowhere in her post does she say they shouldnt go #1 or whatever, yall are doing the most

we are lana stans, and we will tend to read her full message and take it with a grain of salt and try to see what she is saying. Obviously Nicki, Ariana, Bey stans etc will see their fav's name in the first paragraph and go and drag lana on twitter. It's just how internet culture works. I wouldn't say it's obvious that she loves these artists, and the rhetoric definitely seems questionable. Also - those artists face a lot of backlash too, and although I love Lana, I think there's a difference between Lolita, Put Me In A Movie, Ultraviolence and the stuff that the other artists make.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Oh wow, just read her post.

It makes me wonder if she toned her visual presentation after UV and totally in NFR! in purpose,just for critics to take her seriously.

8nl2OpX.png

Oh wow, just read her post.

It makes me wonder if she toned her visual presentation after UV and totally in NFR! in purpose,just for critics to take her seriously.

Didn't she say something on the Grammys red carpet about NFR being liked by critics because it's safe? I'm sure she said something to that effect, although I don't recall her exact words. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Why she is being dragged I really don't understand... she simply mentioned very successful women artists of recent times (some of whom I'm sure she likes personally) and expressed her feelings about all the horrible things that have been said about her over the years. She should be left free to share her experiences through her songs. It's clear to me she still feels she can't express herself freely, because she will probably deviate from what is considered politically correct. I think people need to let her be.

Didn't she say something on the Grammys red carpet about NFR being liked by critics because it's safe? I'm sure she said something to that effect, although I don't recall her exact words. 

something about it being more accessible or casual or something like that

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

You can still end up being racist without intent to be racist, and I think that's the point here. No one is saying Lana is a racist or a bigot or has intent to be evil or insulting. But what she said was tone deaf and ignorant. Black women have suffered a lot of critcism in the arts and have had to fight hard for their place.... they deserve their attention and #1 hits. I always say you don't have to bring others down to raise another person up. Her post is also full of many great points. I think she could have gotten her message across in a more clear and concise way without dropping a single name. It's a complex statement full of good and bad. We can disagree and call her out on the not so good parts, while still agreeing with her on other things.

Considering she's friends with Ariana, I doubt she even meant to be insulting, but she's still wrong for having dropped those names in the way she did. On the flipside, she has a point in the media's reaction and how people have interpreted her music. And there is no doubt she's been an absolute trendsetter for alternative music and paved the way for artists that now sing dark & "depressing" songs as well.

I honestly hate the fact that people are trying to make her sound racist rn. Like... isnt blaming her for being racist when shes not being racist technically make u racist-

What logic is this???