LDRO

Instagram Updates

Yes her mom was a teacher and teaching positions are notoriously underpaid and treated like crap int the USA. I don't feel like Lana grew up in a castle. She grew up with fortunate circumstances and comfortably for sure, but to pretend like her dad was a wealthy beyond belief is basically like regurgitating what was said by the very same critics she called out in her letter to the "culture", back when she "first" came on the scene.

Β 

Which also makes me wonder how Rob felt when people were using that dumb rhetoric to drag Lana early on.

I agree with this.

Β 

She was clearly not North West, but she came from a "comfortable" background, she wasn't struggling with buying cocoa puffs.

8nl2OpX.png

Not you falling for that schtick lmao

Can't wait for you to write Lana's official biography. :)

If she doesn't want to be a sex symbol she should stop putting herself on her album covers? wth why can't she have a normal album cover like everyone else, none of them were ever particularly sexy anyways. And I don't think her selfies are ugly at all, just more natural, although I also miss the glamorous eras.

so taking photos of yourself to promote your music is equivalent to trying to be a sex symbol? ive heard it all

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

why are you guys even discussing her familial life / whether she came from money lmao. no offense but it's lowkey disrespectful and yeah she's a rich celebrity or whatever but i think it's important to remember that she's a HUMAN too and if we were her fans we wouldn't speculate on things that are INTENTIONALLY PRIVATE. still love u all but this is just my two cents

giphy.gif

why are you guys even discussing her familial life / whether she came from money lmao. no offense but it's lowkey disrespectful and yeah she's a rich celebrity or whatever but i think it's important to remember that she's a HUMAN too and if we were her fans we wouldn't speculate on things that are INTENTIONALLY PRIVATE. still love u all but this is just my two cents

because she (Lana) brought it up in a recent instagram post

Who asked you lol. DM me if you want to talk shit out. Shading me isn't the one. :)

Β 

I'm not shading, I just don't see the point of making bold claims about Lana's upbringings? I just don't see why she'd have a reason to lie about any if not all of that as she was already subject to harsh criticism when she said all those things. If you feel as though it was her "shtick" as you elegantly put it that is your prerogative, and you got every right to do so. I guess I just like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but that's also my prerogative. It is her life after all.

Β 

That is all.

Β 

I won't DM you, don't worry.Β 

because she (Lana) brought it up in a recent instagram post

where? even if she "brought it up" why does that make it okay for people to make bold and straight up false accusations about her upbringing and family life???

giphy.gif

I'm not shading, I just don't see the point of making bold claims about Lana's upbringings? I just don't see why she'd have a reason to lie about any if not all of that as if she was already subject to harsh criticism when she said all those things. If you feel as though it was her "shtick" as you elegantly put it that is your prerogative, and you got every right to do so. I guess I just like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but that's also my prerogative. It is her life after all.

Β 

That is all.

You like to give her the benefit of the doubt and yet you dragged her all over the place with the mother's day stuff and assumed her poor relationship with her mother was her fault? Lol okay. We know she lies about a lot of stuff, and who knows why.

locals only

We dedicated an entire thread to her lies, let's not be naive. Lana changes up her statements all the time based on convenienceΒ 

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

You like to give her the benefit of the doubt and yet you dragged her all over the place with the mother's day stuff and assumed her poor relationship with her mother was her fault? Lol okay. We know she lies about a lot of stuff, and who knows why.

Β 

You're right, in that situation I just wanted to giveΒ her mother the benefit of the doubt, since unlike Lana she doesn't really have a platform to speak up on this. But, I also did acknowledge that toxic/shitty moms are a thing and that Lana might've been subject to that as well.Β 

Β 

It's all in the air, like you said: who knows why.

where? even if she "brought it up" why does that make it okay for people to make bold and straight up false accusations about her upbringing and family life???

in her typewriter post she said β€œsame as ten years ago when a million think pieces came out about me feigning emotional fragility or lying about coming from no money when that was the truth.”

Β 

i don’t see this conversation as accusing, we are simply discussing in a discussion board. this same discussion of her growing up with or without money has probably happened on this board dozens of times...not new.

in her typewriter post she said β€œsame as ten years ago when a million think pieces came out about me feigning emotional fragility or lying about coming from no money when that was the truth.”

Β 

i don’t see this conversation as accusing, we are simply discussing in a discussion board. this same discussion of her growing up with or without money has probably happened on this board dozens of times...not new.

just cause it's happened before doesn't make it okay lol. its still rude to assume people are lying about their past and frankly it makes us no better than the critics who did the same thing in 2012. it makes us just as bad.

giphy.gif

You're right, in that situation I just wanted to giveΒ her mother the benefit of the doubt, since unlike Lana she doesn't really have a platform to speak up on this. But, I also did acknowledge that toxic/shitty moms are a thing and that Lana might've been subject to that as well.Β 

Β 

It's all in the air, like you said: who knows why.

Seeing as you blocked me from sending PMs I guess I have to say this here lol. Stop quoting and replying to me. I don't want to interact w you and I don't want you to interact with me either. I hate doing this in a public place but looks like I have to lol.

locals only

Seeing as you blocked me from sending PMs I guess I have to say this here lol. Stop quoting and replying to me. I don't want to interact w you and I don't want you to interact with me either. I hate doing this in a public place but looks like I have to lol.

Β 

Dully noted, and the feeling is mutual. :)