LDRO

Instagram Updates

It annoys me so much cause if she was talking shit about her dad, people will be like 'yassss' 'self care kween' 'tell em gorl!'

I have a toxic mother myself and I never hold back from venting about her, it is what it is lol

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s super helpful to vent. I also have a toxic mother and it’s something I started to realize a few years ago. I write about it a lot and am still learning about all the ways it’s affected me. I don’t want to go too much into detail about my own life, but I definitely understand why Lana wants to be well liked and caring so much about what everyone thinks. I relate to it so much and I’m sure you do as well.

“My dad is an entrepreneur and an innovator. Being an entrepreneur doesn’t make you a rich tycoon and being an innovator doesn’t mean that you’re successful. It just means that you’re interesting.”

https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-lana-del-rey-and-then-some

Yeah I personally know entrepreneurs and stuff and they aren't rich... lol they struggle often aswell

isnt her mom a teacher? in lots of states teachers arent paid well. and her Dad might have started making more money as he got older, past Lana's actual childhood. Its possible Lana didnt have much money in her early years. Also just because she went to boarding school doesnt mean shes rich lol, she could have been on a scholarship or some other family member paid for it, maybe even a family friend, etc. I dont see any point in her continuing to "lie" about it. unless people provide hard evidence I wouldnt trust anything so easily

Yes her mom was a teacher and teaching positions are notoriously underpaid and treated like crap int the USA. I don't feel like Lana grew up in a castle. She grew up with fortunate circumstances and comfortably for sure, but to pretend like her dad was a wealthy beyond belief is basically like regurgitating what was said by the very same critics she called out in her letter to the "culture", back when she "first" came on the scene.

Which also makes me wonder how Rob felt when people were using that dumb rhetoric to drag Lana early on.

I think when she was young, a teenager, they were middle class most certainly, but in her early 20s Rob had definitely made a rather large amount of money. I honestly don't know what to think of this period of her life and whether she was deprived of funds or what. This is an essential part of all Americans backstory anyways : the American dream, rags to riches I made myself etc etc

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if Rob/and or Patty were supportive of her career in the early early days? If they were not supportive until she reached success, it’s possible that they “cut her off” so to speak financially or what not.

“My dad is an entrepreneur and an innovator. Being an entrepreneur doesn’t make you a rich tycoon and being an innovator doesn’t mean that you’re successful. It just means that you’re interesting.”

https://nationalpost.com/entertainment/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-lana-del-rey-and-then-some

Yeah I personally know entrepreneurs and stuff and they aren't rich... lol they struggle often aswell

No one said they were raking in the money we're just saying she's not "not from money" 

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if Rob/and or Patty were supportive of her career in the early early days? If they were not supportive until she reached success, it’s possible that they “cut her off” so to speak financially or what not.

However, 5 Points Records owner David Nichtern - who first signed Del Rey back in 2007 - has defended the star and insisted there is a lot of "misinformation" that surrounds her story.

Talking about accusations that Del Rey's father paid for her career, Nichtern told MTV: "Nobody even fact-checked. For example, her father never had anything to do financially with supporting her creativity.

"I don't know if he was lending her money to live off of, but at least when she was with us, not a penny. I don't know if he's rich or not; I met him and he seemed like a pretty ordinary guy."

"But that whole thing that she was backed by her millionaire dad is a bunch of crap, basically. Certain facts about the record she did with us are completely misshapen."

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a363545/lana-del-reys-millionaire-father-never-funded-her-music-career/

I think she got cut off from her parents money in NY. They probably didn’t 100% support her music career and she was leading her life in a way they saw as damaging.

I do think her parents had money, but she didn’t when she was living in NY. Especially considering her $15k credit card debt.

isnt her mom a teacher? in lots of states teachers arent paid well. and her Dad might have started making more money as he got older, past Lana's actual childhood. Its possible Lana didnt have much money in her early years. Also just because she went to boarding school doesnt mean shes rich lol, she could have been on a scholarship or some other family member paid for it, maybe even a family friend, etc. I dont see any point in her continuing to "lie" about it. unless people provide hard evidence I wouldnt trust anything so easily

She definitely wasn't fuck the world rich but she isn't a rags-to-riches tale either. I'm pretty sure her mother had a better paid job when she was younger, like in an advertising place? Teachers aren't well paid but some people go into teaching because they enjoy teaching and can afford to take home a smaller pay check.

locals only

No one said they were raking in the money we're just saying she's not "not from money" 

Being "from money" has the connotation that the person is rich. No one middle class is ever referred to as being "from money"

I have a feeling she was the kind of middle class that wasnt always stable, possibly struggled financially time to time 

Oh trust me, I was sad as fuck when I realized BTD was esentially an art project created by interscope to market her. That whole glam babydoll shit wasn’t her authentic self. And as the years went on she became more in control of her image and craft. I’ll always miss the BTD era though because that’s when I became a fan. That was her most cohesive, aesthetically and lyrically pleasing era no matter what other people say.

Well, I agree it was her best era. Sometimes artists need the strong guidance of industry professionals to keep everything seamless and smooth. I've seen other examples of this, where the artist demands control and then everything sinks. The Monkees were a good example of that. 

But I can't agree that she's become more in control of her image, especially her physical image.

While I certainly don't hold her to any kind of high standard of beauty, the 'plain Jane' selfies she's been posting since before the release of 'LFL' on IG and FB, and continues to post don't really serve much of a purpose. They look intentionally unattractive. I doubt they makes other women say, "Look, she's just an average person, just an average-looking human being, just like me," and feel more comfortable with her or with themselves. Most of us can take better selfies than those on a cloudy day in the rain.

Whatever her point is in taking and posting such selfies, they don't do much for her career. And the clumsy, mediocre-at-best 'professional' LFL and NFR album art is just more of the same. If she doesn't want to be seen as a sex symbol of any kind, then why not skip using photographs of her on her albums at all? Or, certainly she can have aesthetically-appealing, professional-level photographs of herself taken for album art use that are not provocative, sexy or otherwise over-the-top. 

In terms of her image otherwise, it's been a disaster, with the 'Insta-baddies,' the long delay of LFL and then the year-long, go-nowhere rollout of 'NFR,' the inability of her and her team to communicate effectively with the public, which we see even now: she announces her spoken word album, then postpones it, then releases album art for it and then announces the release date of WHF but without any mention of the spoken word album, and then has this glorious public meltdown, and then another, and then another.

Teens creating and posting music videos on Youtube have better professional instincts about and execution of their projects, and they lack a 'professional' team behind them. 

So while I agree she's trying to show us a more 'authentic' LDR, I don't think she's doing a good job of it at all. And for me, the music and the production on NFR were extremely poor. 

Well, I agree it was her best era. Sometimes artists need the strong guidance of industry professionals to keep everything seamless and smooth. I've seen other examples of this, where the artist demands control and then everything sinks. The Monkees were a good example of that. 

But I can't agree that she's become more in control of her image, especially her physical image.

While I certainly don't hold her to any kind of high standard of beauty, the 'plain Jane' selfies she's been posting since before the release of 'LFL' on IG and FB, and continues to post don't really serve much of a purpose. They look intentionally unattractive. I doubt they makes other women say, "Look, she's just an average person, just an average-looking human being, just like me," and feel more comfortable with her or with themselves. Most of us can take better selfies than those on a cloudy day in the rain.

Whatever her point is in taking and posting such selfies, they don't do much for her career. And the clumsy, mediocre-at-best 'professional' LFL and NFR album art is just more of the same. If she doesn't want to be seen as a sex symbol of any kind, then why not skip using photographs of her on her albums at all? Or, certainly she can have aesthetically-appealing, professional-level photographs of herself taken for album art use that are not provocative, sexy or otherwise over-the-top. 

In terms of her image otherwise, it's been a disaster, with the 'Insta-baddies,' the long delay of LFL and then the year-long, go-nowhere rollout of 'NFR,' the inability of her and her team to communicate effectively with the public, which we see even now: she announces her spoken word album, then postpones it, then releases album art for it and then announces the release date of WHF but without any mention of the spoken word album, and then has this glorious public meltdown, and then another, and then another.

Teens creating and posting music videos on Youtube have better professional instincts about and execution of their projects, and they lack a 'professional' team behind them. 

So while I agree she's trying to show us a more 'authentic' LDR, I don't think she's doing a good job of it at all. And for me, the music and the production on NFR were extremely poor.

"I don't find her as attractive as when she was dressing like a beauty queen and therefore her selfies are intentionally ugly and serve no purpose" shut up lmao

locals only

FOR REAL LMAO i'm reaaally struggling to see the relevance of this topic... if you are THAT bored read a book or something 

You're acting like you're out and about doing the most interesting things ever. You're literally spectating the thread. its the same energy, but go off... :eyeroll2:

im a multi tasker and i love the stimulation of chatting 

dont hate me for it guys  :ohno:

even though her parents may have been well off it is so obvious they weren't actively supporting her financially?? girl lived in a trailer truck trying to make ends meet like. she is not a kardashian

Not you falling for that schtick lmao

locals only

If she doesn't want to be a sex symbol she should stop putting herself on her album covers? wth why can't she have a normal album cover like everyone else, none of them were ever particularly sexy anyways. And I don't think her selfies are ugly at all, just more natural, although I also miss the glamorous eras.