LDRO

Instagram Updates

Plaid shirts are for everyone though, sorry to break it to you. Plaid (also known as Tartan) emerged in Scotland during the 1700's. It was Hamilton Carharrt who popularised the flannel shirt in 1889. Hoops originated in Africa. The only thing sus about that selfie were her lips

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana wearing dark lip liner + gold hoops and a flannel plaided shirt with only the first button buttoned down is literally chicana and cholo culture. She's been appropriating Latinx culture since day 1 and it's not cute. I'm glad she acknowledged that her wearing a native headdress in Ride was a very very problematic choice but she needs to do the same with her history of Latinx appropriation. She's not a Latina. She's a white girl.

what did she say about the headress?

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

Can you stop being so inflammatory on every post you make? You've said that you find her wearing a shirt style as problematic, and some people have disagreed. You don't need to post a mocking response to disregard logical responses - we know you disagree on the basis that you posted the original comment.

yeah i think her pretending to be latina is problematic but i'm not going out here saying what she is or isn't allowed to do. so comments like "oh so shes not allowed to wear xyz??" are just coming out of no where. anyones allowed to wear whatever they want. it's "i think what you're doing is displaying a disregard for peoples culture" not "you can't wear that!!"

I'm just quoting what Latino ppl said about Lana appropriating their culture, i don't know enough about it so i don't wanna say anything wrong but apparently that whole look was problematic bc of the shirt. The dark lipliner as well and the gold hoops are a big part of chicana culture. But once again i'm not Latina. Just quoting :-)

I get it but I can't see it as that.

It's just something she has put no effort to leave her house and buy gas or groceries.

She just put on some lil gold hoops, liplined like she always does and threw on a plaid shirt

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Well that's the way a lot of Latinx ppl see it. If you're white you don't have much to say about it. I actually understand the way they perceived Lana's look tbh :creep: I'm not even Latina yet i knew that her only wearing the first button buttoned down was off. If she had no history of appropriating culture whatsoever i guess it could've been swept under the rug but unfortunately it can't.

You can't tell people how to wear a shirt though. Many people have a preference on which buttons they want done or undone. This is just nitpicking. Plaid shirts are Scottish, not Latinx. 

If she had no history of appropriating culture whatsoever i guess it could've been swept under the rug but unfortunately it can't :rip:

that's what im tryna say. if i really wanted to be unnecessarily nit picky i'd go after her head piece from the paradise tour for being taken from south asian culture. but i'm not doing that. it's just that she has an obvious obsession for latina culture in particular that makes the recent look jump out 

I'm just quoting what Latino ppl said about Lana appropriating their culture (found on Twitter),

Could you please link to them here? I am curious to read (not about the response to Tropico, but to this announcement).

3lfQEhw.png

It's just funny to me. How are you going to tell a white woman how to wear a shirt from her culture? Make it make sense. :what:

Fake wokeness is so annoying y’all are literally making a mockery of a real issue which is cultural appropriation. She def has a past of cultural appropriation but her wearing a plaid shirt and hoop earrings to go to the gas station isn’t a part of it.

qfrWuBl.png

don't be tone deaf

How am I being tone deaf? Explain.

Plaid shirts are were created by an American man. The plaid pattern originated in Scotland. Lana is part Scottish and full American. Why can't she wear the shirt how she wants to? 

Omg she lined her lips with dark liner, god forbid. So many girls line their lips with dark liner

Fake wokeness is so annoying y’all are literally making a mockery of a real issue which is cultural appropriation. She def has a past of cultural appropriation but her wearing a plaid shirt and hoop earrings to go to the gas station isn’t a part of it.

This this this this!!!!!!!!

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

So the same person said this: https://twitter.com/LITTLEBIGSHORT/status/1281660512963489792

For that logic, why is she using winged eyeliner? That's totally egiptian and not remotely latin

She also based off her argument on her (wrong) interpretation of that "question for the culture" post.  :icant2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

So the same person said this: https://twitter.com/LITTLEBIGSHORT/status/1281660512963489792

For that logic, why is she using winged eyeliner? That's totally egiptian and not remotely latin

She also based off her argument on her (wrong) interpretation of that "question for the culture" post.  :icant2:

People love to bandwagon on tweets with over 10k likes, unfortunately. Hating on her for wearing a plaid shirt and doing the top button up is so unwarranted it's actually embarassing :tsk:

People can wear whatever the fuck they want, and wear it however they want. If you're offended by something, that's technically your own issues.

Being triggered by someone wearing a plaid shirt a certain a way is laughable. You're embarrasing yourselves.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e