LDRO

Instagram Updates

Imagine being so clueless about what a culture actually is that you think wearing a damn shirt the whole world has worn is cultural appropriation.

well its more than simply wearing a flannel shirt. shes not wearing it in a regular way. its the style of it. its her doing latina looks in the past aswell. it is a known staple of latinx culture.. ive seen many people of latinx heritage on twitter talk about how it makes them feel seeing Lana with her shirt like that lol if they themselves immediately picked up on it being a well known chola style then that should say enough

she is traveling. She is probally on New Mexico today. Maybe she is filming something with Navajo Natives?

Ouf, I hadn't thought of that. It really would have to be done with a lot of taste and tact, if she doesn't want all hell to break loose with criticisms after that. 

Ouf, I hadn't thought of that. It really would have to be done with a lot of taste and tact, if she doesn't want all hell to break loose with criticisms after that. 

What a sad thought. Random people behind computer screens will criticize her for (potentially) doing something that obviously the native community consented to, and that really shouldn't affect the lives of random people behind computer screens...

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

What a sad thought. Random people behind computer screens will criticize her for (potentially) doing something that obviously the native community consented to, and that really shouldn't affect the lives of random people behind computer screens...

it's standard operating procedure for people who want to feel superior without doing anything to actually help anyone. Find someone who is trying to do something good, and pick a fault with it. IOW, the entirety of Stan twitter.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

it's standard operating procedure for people who want to feel superior without doing anything to actually help anyone. Find someone who is trying to do something good, and pick a fault with it. IOW, the entirety of Stan twitter.

it's not just stan twitter unfortunately--it's growing like an epidemic and affecting even private citizens. hopefully it's a direct cause of quarantine and ppl having too much time on their hands, and will go away once the world reopens again

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

It’s a weird time we are living in, with social media and always finding « the right tone » for everything.

I don’t know if she wants her work with the Navajo community to be « publicized » and if it should be, to attract awareness on the subject... National Geographic posted on the subject, on their Insta, mentioning that coronavirus had been devastating in the Navajo communities that didn’t have running water :(

"portrait of me by Joan Baez"

"Joans self portrait"

"Joans portrait of her mom"

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

"portrait of me by Joan Baez"

"Joans self portrait"

"Joans portrait of her mom"

Wow!!!!!  This should keep Lana smiling for a few months. Fantastic.