LDRO

Instagram Updates

white people be like " omg blm of course i care about racism. im trying my hardest to be a good ally <3" and then poc tell them they have a problem with something and then they're like "UGH so we can't do anything?? i hate sjws". not naming names or talking about any specific circumstance just a general observation  :hooker:

you're really out here comparing a cause that originated from innocent black people being murdered by cops to a plaid shirt that wasn't buttoned all the way.. 

qfrWuBl.png

you're really out here comparing a cause that originated from innocent black people being murdered by cops to a plaid shirt that wasn't buttoned all the way.. 

if you think being an ally just means agreeing innocent black people shouldnt be killed then you know what it means to be an ally. anyways leave me alone i said i was giving up 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

This is stupid. I'm of Mexican descent, live on the border, and guess what: cholo/chola culture isn't some protected sacred religious thing. People just want to feel morally superior about this. There are real problems in the world and this ain't one.

let me be who i'm meant to be

This is stupid. I'm of Mexican descent, live on the border, and guess what: cholo/chola culture isn't some protected sacred religious thing. People just want to feel morally superior about this. There are real problems in the world and this ain't one.

I agree. I'm Asian and a big majority of my specific culture isn't made up of sacred, deep things either (like that asian head piece Lana wore on tour, which has no meaning lol, it's just pretty). I understand cultural appropriation (i.e. the sacred Indigenous head piece that is reserved for significant figures in that community so it's disrespectful for random people to parade around in it) but like, this is a damn plaid shirt. I actually think when people start calling out innocent things like this, that they're the ones who are truly causing a divide among society and being problematic.

i agree with artdecodelrey on this one

I understand where everyone is coming from. she does have a past of using latinx culture as an aesthetic. and brown men and women who wear cholo/a style are often associated with gangs, drugs, violence, where she can do it and be trendy and fashionable. I don't think it's worth getting super heated over, but it's just an observation into how celebrities are able to pick and choose aspects of minority cultures for their own liking

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Some people have worms for brains is2g... how is Lana appropriating a WHOLE CULTURE by wearing a plaid shirt? Y'all realize that a single individual can't just appropriate a whole culture right? Educate yourselves please.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think there could be an unconscious "this is how I've seen cool people in L.A. style their shirts" factor that isn't nearly as thought-out as appropriation, just what she perceives to be current style.

Anyway! The pool picture is so CUTE.  :wub: I'm glad she and Chuck are having such good sister time.  :flutter:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I thought she looked more country girl than chola imo. Both whites and mexicans (poc) from the country wear cowboy/cowgirl gear. When I first saw Lana's post she instantly reminded me of this white woman who was a regular at the restaurant I used to work at in my hometown. She was very country and dressed/looked similar to the way Lana does in this update. Hair back in a low ponytail, flannel t-shirts, earrings (sometimes they were pearls and other times they were large hoop earrings), black eyeliner/falsies, and those Wrangler style jeans, work boots. 

I don't see actual cholos and/or latinos who grew up in a hood getting riled up over non-latinos dressing like cholos. If you look at the instagram account "thefoocommunity" (a hangout for latinos in the US who come from those backgrounds). Just today in one of their recent posts they are discussing Shia Lebouf getting cholo inspired tattoos for a role in a movie, most of the guys in the comments are joking "he's one of us now" and "he's invited to the carne asada", and others are saying he looks lame, but no talk about cultural appropriation. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

I think there could be an unconscious "this is how I've seen cool people in L.A. style their shirts" factor that isn't nearly as thought-out as appropriation, just what she perceives to be current style.

Yeah this is what I think, too. She probably saw someone else wearing it like that and decided to, without even realising.

It also looked pretty windy in that car park so it could be as simple as her doing it to stop the shirt flapping around in the wind whilst she filmed the clip.

With that said, good intentions are not enough and the sis needs to educate herself, or she's going to get herself into more trouble. I just know this stint in New Mexico, Arizona and Utah with the Navajo Water Project is going to create problems, one way or another.

Someone from her 4th of July party (Craig Stark) had a Covid test a few days ago and it was negative, but uh ... you never know.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Some of you really need to log off and go read something other than twitter rants about how a 60 yo lady wearing braids is problematic like... go read a book please I'm begging your brains are rotting.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Some of you really need to log off and go read something other than twitter rants about how a 60 yo lady wearing braids is problematic like... go read a book please I'm begging your brains are rotting.

Idk who you're talking about but pretty much everyone here is agreeing that it isn't an issue? As a white person it isn't up to me to say if it is or it isn't, so I simply said that she can avoid problems by educating herself on such matters.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Well, um, anyways. I think she should throw away that flannel since it’s obviously cursed.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i died

Yeah Idk why people wanna call everything cultural appropriation. I think its cute she likes the latina looks so much. I think admiration for the aesthetics of another culture is beautiful! These days anyone exploring a culture outside of their own is attacked and its so wrong because it causes the opposite effect of what everyone wants, which is diversity and coming together right? Then why make people feel like shit for admiring and wanting to experience another culture lol especially when its just as simple as clothing n makeup ... anyway i love seeing lana bring back shit she did in past years lol. Hope we get a retro glam look again soon

When I saw the flanel shirt, it brought a couple of questions, but not about cultural appropriation, but much more about: who the fuck wears flanel in summer, in California?!? Isn’t she sweating like a pig in that?