Sign in to follow this  
Who is Lana's best photographer?

Who do you think is Lana's best photographer? Why? Although 100 have shot her, there's 4 she usually stuck with.

Chuck Grant (her sister) - Chuck Grant has done numerous Lizzy and Lana shoots. She has done Tropico, AKA, Blue Jeans, High By The Beach, Music To Watch Boys To, Ride and numerous Lizzy shoots.

Francesco Carrozzini - Francesco Carrozzini, my favorite, has done numerous shoots with her including this unnamed shoot , L'uomo Vogue, Ultraviolence music video shoot and Glamour. He has also photographed people such as Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber and Beyonce.

Naomi Shon - Naomi is (or was??) Lana's friend, she has done multiple Lizzy shoots with her. She has also shot the National Anthem promotional and BTS pictures.

Neil Krug - Neil has done both Honeymoon and Ultraviolence shoots, he has worked with Lana on other projects such as Maxim, Clash and Complex.

Nicole Nodland - The most favored throughout the fandom, Nicole worked with Lana since 2010, with August 30th 2010 being her earliest shoot. She's done shoots such as Born To Die, Burning Desire and Blue Jeans.

You forgot about Neil Krug.

Well, I don't have any idea about that kind of shit but I can say that most of my favorite shoots were taken by Chuck.

So, Chuck is my favorite photographer of hers.

giphy.gif

there's 4 she usually stuck with.

I don't think she will be getting rid of Neil anytime soon.. He's done more w/ Lana than Francesco has. Anyways, I really love Neil's work. I just wish he didn't use so many ugly filters.

EDIT: Nicole never did the Carmen shoot. Someone else did but I don't think the photographer's name was ever stated. At least this is what ldrexclusive on Tumblr claims. Nicole also confirmed it as well I guess. http://ldrexclusive.tumblr.com/post/149039690391/what-photoshoot-are-they-talking-about http://ldrexclusive.tumblr.com/post/146851410656/do-you-know-anything-about-the-nicole-nodland

g68BRo8.gif

There's a ton of photographers Lana has worked with and most of my favorite photo shoots have different photographers making it difficult to narrow it down. But I would go with Neil Krug cuz aesthetics. 

There's 4 she usually stuck with.

Francesco Carrozzini 

I don't think she'll go back to Francesco anymore tbh

Neil Krug is one of my fav artists ever so it's hard for me not to be biased but I LOVED Mathieu César, some of Chucks 2008 pics and Ride and Dreamland, Naomi, Scott Trindle, Jane Stockdale!!, Mark Kean, Karim Sadlu, Jacob Stutton, Mariano Vivanco, Ellen is always amazing, idk who shot her for SNL but it was dope, I actually really liked Andrew Woffiden, Matthew Walder, Marvin Scott Jarrett, Chris Nicolls, Francesco for Glamour fuck Uomo, Audoin Desforges amazing, Thomas Nutzl and James White and Kurt Iswarienko and Georgie Wood incredible, and ofc Theo Wenner. And the girl who shot Marfa too it was really groundbreaking. And AnOther Man

ZKcaooE.png

There's a ton of photographers Lana has worked with and most of my favorite photo shoots have different photographers making it difficult to narrow it down. But I would go with Neil Krug cuz aesthetics. 

I don't think she'll go back to Francesco anymore tbh

that's true, but she did 4 shoots with him and shot the UV video. 

You forgot about Neil Krug.

Well, I don't have any idea about that kind of shit but I can say that most of my favorite shoots were taken by Chuck.

So, Chuck is my favorite photographer of hers.

oops! added in

Neil Krug is one of my fav artists ever so it's hard for me not to be biased but I LOVED Mathieu César, some of Chucks 2008 pics and Ride and Dreamland, Naomi, Scott Trindle, Jane Stockdale!!, Mark Kean, Karim Sadlu, Jacob Stutton, Mariano Vivanco, Ellen is always amazing, idk who shot her for SNL but it was dope, I actually really liked Andrew Woffiden, Matthew Walder, Marvin Scott Jarrett, Chris Nicolls, Francesco for Glamour fuck Uomo, Audoin Desforges amazing, Thomas Nutzl and James White and Kurt Iswarienko and Georgie Wood incredible, and ofc Theo Wenner. And the girl who shot Marfa too it was really groundbreaking. And AnOther Man

Tbh I don't like Neil at all. I know it's a really unpopular opinion, but I've never been a fan. Another unpopular opinion is that I love Francesco's shots. Galore is my favourite shoot she's ever done. For other photographers, I really love her shoots with Mario Testino and Mariano Vivanco.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I believe this is common knowledge: I really really love Nicole's work with Lana, it's so glamorous and beautiful. My favorite Lana photographer. Neil Krug is great, but I'm not a fan of his fake over-edited polaroids. Theo Wenner for Rolling Stone was fantastic, shot in real film, awesome styling. Love that shoot. My favorite photographer ever is Alasdair McLellan but his work with Lana was... bad, sadly.

image.png

I'm a diehard fan of Chuck's work with Lana-- especially the early Lizzy shoots, but all of it is so great. Chuck always touches on what feels like territory Lana doesn't explore with other photographers as much-- don't know if I can explain that, besides to say that Chuck's photos always feel as if there's another dimension to them, to me. 

(I also love Neil and Naomi Shon tho, for the record) 

o4qjp4j.png

I don't think she will be getting rid of Neil anytime soon.. He's done more w/ Lana than Francesco has. Anyways, I really love Neil's work. I just wish he didn't use so many ugly filters.

EDIT: Nicole never did the Carmen shoot. Someone else did but I don't think the photographer's name was ever stated. At least this is what ldrexclusive on Tumblr claims. Nicole also confirmed it as well I guess. http://ldrexclusive.tumblr.com/post/149039690391/what-photoshoot-are-they-talking-about http://ldrexclusive.tumblr.com/post/146851410656/do-you-know-anything-about-the-nicole-nodland

Yeah it's true. Nicole actually commented on my Instagram posts long ago.

lilkimxchapelle.png

Yeah it's true. Nicole actually commented on my Instagram posts long ago.

If Nicole never did Carmen then who did? Naomi? Chuck?

no competition it's

CHUCK

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp