Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

@melonia_trump 

then the trouble begins bigly especially for the 50 million people who rely on the ACA and those on medicare and those who now wish to move from a company job to a self-employed job. The pain will be enormous. And for any minority, any woman, anyone who is different than the ultra-extreme religious republicans when one has a person like Donald who at one point said something that would make Amon Goethe proud.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@melonia_trump 

then the trouble begins bigly especially for the 50 million people who rely on the ACA and those on medicare and those who now wish to move from a company job to a self-employed job. The pain will be enormous. And for any minority, any woman, anyone who is different than the ultra-extreme religious republicans when one has a person like Donald who at one point said something that would make Amon Goethe proud.

it was a joke  :toofunny:

I'm very curious as to what she's waiting to at least announce something.

Is she mixing the album still? Is she filming videos? Organizing marketing strategies?

It might be anything.

a gif of Lemonade dribbling down the sides of her mouth instead of Kool aid?

Lana is not going for #singles.  Not that radio in the US would even touch a song like High by the Beach to begin with.

People seem to not have good memories

Radio didn't touch Video Games or Born to Die either.

It was only a fluke, an unexpected mix that led the Cedric version of Summertime Sadness (which cut out the message of the song)

Had radio realized the song was about suicide, they would not have played it.

Why does it seem like so many "fans" and I use that term lightly, don't seem to understand the concept to begin with?

You know and yes, here comes a Leonard Cohen analogy again- when I saw Leonard sing, you could hear a pin drop.

When he sang his songs, people listened to his words and didn't sing along.

All the kiddies yelling back the lyrics to her in concert, why should she even bother with a show, no one beyond the pit can even hear her

(I myself like the pit, but I don't attempt to get squeezed in at the stage, the back of the pit always leads to a great view and that is where you can find me

(for those that actually pay money to see shows, and I don't much like festivals. Too long, too hot, too crowded, no pit, bad sound, majority of anyones crowd is

not there to see that act.

Ya know what?

The Beatles stopped performing live early on just because of that reason. They gave up

You know what2?

Lana has been Lana now longer than the Beatles were an actual functioning group

and longer than Simon and Garfunkel were a working together team.

And Lana has been Lana longer than Bowie was Ziggy.

so pour me another glass of Lemonade

btw- you know how much it costs per day to be Beyoncé? That is why Beyoncé has to be "on" 250 days a year, to pay for the lifestyle.

See what I said a few posts back. Lana on a $ to $ spreadsheet is far more profitable with money in the bank.

and what is most unfortunate in the USA, every single day, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have got to watch out, because to a cop, they don't care if its Beyoncé or Jay-Z,

if you know what I mean.( #blacklivesmatter)

(and did you read the sheet that the Trumpkins gave Beyoncé when she showed up on the CMAs? Can't believe this was in 2016, seemed

to be in the 1950s. The USA sucks sometimes doesn't it?

I am quite content and happy with having new music each year,

when you think about it, when was the last time the Beatles released new stuff?

Remember when John was alive, it was a good 5 years he took off being a dad, and was just coming back when he was taken away from us.

Promo means nothing to me. Release the music, they can't take it out of YOUR hands, it is always there to enjoy, regardless of any video or promo or anything.

What really does promo add to anything at all in the enjoyment of music?

Same as a movie stars owes nothing more than being on screen once or twice a year nowadays.

And one almost never hears an author at all, yet one reads their books.

(How much promo does Stephen King do and he sold gadzillions of books to hundreds of millions of readers over the years.

love this post. i feel like lana would kinda hate having a top 40 single. she thinks most "pop" music today is mass produced and shitty.

so true about Leonard and the beatles - their popularity prevented them from actually preforming audibly. it's really sad when you read interviews about it. they were miserable toward the end of their touring period.

also lana doesn't seem to like touring or doing festivals. she seems like a private and thoughtful person, not someone who can give and give to an audience 3x a week. her songs take a lot out of her. (some of them anyway...)

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

where in this did i say i wish lana sang in huge arenas? where in this did i say i wish lana sang huge singles like Single Ladies? where in this did i say lana needs to be a mainstream success? Please, let me know because I don't know where yall are getting everything youre saying i said

I understood what you meant.

Saw some Beyonce slander....and I... Nevermind.

Lana give us some music before we all fight.

I'm finally seeing Lana next summer when she comes to Finland and it feels surreal, not sure if she's a real person or just a fantasy of mine. I wonder if the album's released and that's all she's going to sing, I really want to hear Lolita/OTTR  :crai:

Happy as the moonshine

I'm finally seeing Lana next summer when she comes to Finland and it feels surreal, not sure if she's a real person or just a fantasy of mine. I wonder if the album's released and that's all she's going to sing, I really want to hear Lolita/OTTR  

Honey I doubt that will EVER be taken off of her setlist tbh

I will not Jodie Foster this kind of behavior  giphy.gif roivaheb fo dnik siht retsoF eidoJ ton lliw I