Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Function (purpose) is still so good, probably my favorite along with history 🥺

It's only titled function. The (purpose) is there cos that's what the snippet was titled by some fan(s)

7 hours ago, Sugartears said:

Coloring Book, Psycho Lovers and Night Mime aka the holy trinity of Cry Baby era.

And not Haunted? What kind of list is that?

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, baddisease said:

And not Haunted? What kind of list is that?

That's one of my favourites too, but those three are just the unreleased songs of Melanie I've heard the most (I think i heard Psycho Lovers suddenly for 4 months lol). Also i love Rocking Horse, 99 Cent Store, BOMM and others.

UAmFDOp.png

21 hours ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Hopefully this necklace stuff she's doing overtakes and replaces that NFT crap. She hasn't mentioned anything about it since then so I guess we can take that as a sign :illumarina:

The way they were $111-$444 and still all sold 🥴 I swear people will pay ANYTHING for something Mel touched. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember someone selling one of the oranges she threw during the K-12 tour? 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

The way they were $111-$444 and still all sold 🥴 I swear people will pay ANYTHING for something Mel touched. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember someone selling one of the oranges she threw during the K-12 tour? 

i-

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

The part that weirds me out is that she doesn't even make the beads, or disclose where they come from or even what material the bracelets and charms are made of. You could be paying $400 for a plastic beaded bracelet just because she put it together. Like, girl, just put up a GoFundMe, lol. Or a Patreon, Lord knows plenty of people would throw their whole wallet at her just to have more content

I did the math and Melanie made a total of $7,598 from the jewelry :rip: This film is about to have budget I guess! Congrats to the people who were able to grab something, I was looking to buy from her but the prices were a little too high for me lol.

giphy.gif 

16 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

The part that weirds me out is that she doesn't even make the beads, or disclose where they come from or even what material the bracelets and charms are made of. You could be paying $400 for a plastic beaded bracelet just because she put it together. Like, girl, just put up a GoFundMe, lol. Or a Patreon, Lord knows plenty of people would throw their whole wallet at her just to have more content

The pearls definitely aren't real, and a lot of the other beads seem to be plastic or clay as well. I can't tell of the photos are just heavily filtered or if they're made from fake gold either, but they're definitely made from low quality materials that'll turn your neck green. I feel like there's so many other things she could do to more effectively make money without having to sell junk to her young fan base for insane prices too. She could definitely put out an After School - B Sides for example with some outtakes to generate more revenue from streaming, exclusive merch, and physical sales, although I can see why this is unrealistic. If she actually does put out a single in March I'm sure that'll generate some good revenue for her, but honestly she should make an effort to just be more present. If her following grows that looks good for her to Atlantic. 

18 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

id LOVE if musicians opened patreons for unreleased music :crying5:

3 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

I did the math and Melanie made a total of $6,821 from the jewelry :rip: This film is about to have budget I guess! Congrats to the people who were able to grab something, I was looking to buy from her but the prices were a little too high for me lol.

Yeah, the not knowing what anything was made of was a lil sus to me too. If those chains weren't at least made of real gold than any of us could've made the same thing for ~20 bucks with a few hours and a trip to hobby lobby. 

Just now, The Siren said:

id LOVE if musicians opened patreons for unreleased music :crying5:

When she announced the NFTs her Instagram comments were telling her to make an onlyfans for unreleased 😂