Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 minute ago, WildChild said:

OMFG I LOVE HER SM THAT WAS AWESOME šŸ˜­

literally only complaint is the backup dancers being there, and even then, that's a personal choice, because I love when Mel's alone in her videos, or seriously invested in realism. The effects were amazing, she looked stunning, and the concepts were all just perfect. Chef's kiss to her.

3 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

Did she not just throw off the WHOLE story of Portals with this video lmfao, also the video was very disappointing with it being so literal and then 80% on the movingĀ platform w an obviousĀ green screen background

Rightā€¦ cheap music video and inconsistent story like girl what are you doingā€¦

4 minutes ago, WildChild said:

literally only complaint is the backup dancers being there, and even then, that's a personal choice, because I love when Mel's alone in her videos, or seriously invested in realism. The effects were amazing, she looked stunning, and the concepts were all just perfect. Chef's kiss to her.

This is my fave MV from this era so far.

I feel like this video would've been fine for a Portals virtual live show like 'Can't Wait 'Til I'm Out of K-12', but as the actual music video for one of the most popular songs she's ever made(that had already gone viral before she evenĀ officially released it), it's so weak.Ā 

Knowing that the better version she planned on using for the film is probably never going to happen, I'm especially disappointed.

Why do these videos look so cheap? & Iā€™m sorry yā€™all, Iā€™m not one to usually say shit like this, but that suit makes her look HUGE, canā€™t wait for her next eraĀ in 2047Ā where hopefully weā€™ll get to see her face and bit more than just a pokey dance in front of a green screenĀ 

giphy.gif

I Liked the ending. It was better than the whole music video. But the video overall was also better than VOID so I'll take it I guess.

Idk about you but I'm sick of her falling through all these portals. I get it. It's the whole album and it has meaning and it's supposed to feel tiring, but now I feel the pattern is boring and too on the nose already.

Ā 

What's saving me my fan status is that Ive started paying real attention to all the Portals session outtakes, like Death (2020), Hawaii Space Guitar, Garden, Dragons Blood and Mother of Pearl. I'm seeing how beautiful, spirital and etheral this era could have been, and these songs pull me much more emotionally. But for some reason the songs she chose for the final cut make it seem less about the concept she's going for aesthetically and more about human crybabys life. Likes its been a mix up.

The gall of revealing in the third video of the era that its parent album, the self-declared end of a long-gestating trilogy,Ā takesĀ place within a video game is truly insaneā€¦

She must have recently watched Serenity (2019) and said ā€œalright now let me cookā€¦ā€

i hated both main concepts of the video game (feels like it entirely takes away the entire portals story) and the dance performance video (very lazy imo)Ā so there's not much left for me to enjoy

Ā 

the intro was GREAT and very promising, the second verse gave me hope for the ending because it was also good. however the scene of her crying til she drowns in her tears reminded me of cry baby and made me realize that this new creature has no personality other than running and falling through holes and it made me very upset :rip: