Jack

Melanie Martinez

She's so cute  :flutter: 

That earlobe hurts just looking at it. Also didn't think she would promote this in any way. Would be cool if she went on some of the big shows to talk and perform. It would surely be interesting to hear of her inspiration behind all the songs and how the movie was made etc.

She's so cute  :flutter: 

Seeing her after the horrible time she had to go through when she was accused makes me so emotional. I even remember hearing the verses of some of the K-12 songs and getting emotional because of the lyrics about not being able to express yourself, getting bullied, everyone taking pictures of you and hating you... she is such an angel. I love her so much

Decided to re-visit some of her unreleased demos today and let me just say,,,

A Million Men

Intervals

The One

Bones Are Blue

Rough Love

Curly Cue

A Thousand Words

Birthing Addicts

are all MASTERPIECES, I wish that there were final versions and that they would leak, especially A Thousand Words  :defeated:

These demos > k-12

It's a sequel of the first album about the same character in the same world, the first album was about crybaby's life before school and this is about her in K-12. Also how are the principal, detention, Class Fight and Teacher's pet child-based? All those things exist well into adolescence. They're titles based off school what did you expect? I honestly sometimes can't with people. Child-like titles of songs = no artistic development? Wha- ¨doing something similar because it's a sequel while deepening the world of the character = no artistic development? The titles may be child-like partially but the subject matter is anything but childish. Try a bit harder with your wannabe-shady comments cause your arguments make no sense. 2 albums and they arent completely different? oh my god no "artistic development" gimme a break. 

4  years and she just uses the same kind of metaphors and songwriting. Paired with the lifeless and uninspired production of the album, that really shows she just tried to reproduced CryBaby and forced a concept. Not something worth a 4 year long wait.

have you listened to the songs though? judging something by its cover it's not a good look baby, it just makes you look dumber than what you already are.

Haha, insulting someone out of nowhere because you don't share their opinion on a piece of music. This shows who's the dumb one here. Pathetic.

says you, who doesn't even know the point of K-12.

Ooh crybaby (a concept that has really aged like milk during its first era) is in school by now. Soooo deep, it's really beyond me. :thumb3:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

/

K-12 is definitely subpar compared to CB, but there are still some good songs IMO

I mean honestly with what little samples she had to work with in jail I’m surprised she came up with this

I've started to really dislike all the vocal effects she has throughout the album. Mixing them with repetitive choruses isn't making the songs any better for me.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

4  years and she just uses the same kind of metaphors and songwriting. Paired with the lifeless and uninspired production of the album, that really shows she just tried to reproduced CryBaby and forced a concept. Not something worth a 4 year long wait.

Haha, insulting someone out of nowhere because you don't share their opinion on a piece of music. This shows who's the dumb one here. Pathetic.

Ooh crybaby (a concept that has really aged like milk during its first era) is in school by now. Soooo deep, it's really beyond me. :thumb3:

Some of you's on here carry such negative piss poor attitudes. It should never be this serious, like I promise you  :omfg2:

cry baby was an ALBUM that has a visuals, so the songs had a lot of deep meanings and stuff

but K-12 is a MOVIE that has an album, so the songs are not that deep and they just tell us the story, everything is clear and is a soundtrack

what's NOT clicking? what did you guys expect? my expectations had never gone beyond this and i've known that the album was going to be like this. eventually, the character cry baby will grow up and the "childish" theme is gonna go. cry baby will be a normal human, so the sound of her music will change. maybe the 3rd album will be like this? 

I'm pretty sure the third album won't be Crybaby-themed. She seemed to be saying goodbye to her character in her Crybaby anniversary tweets.

giphy.gif

I think she will get the respect she deserves as an artist after she retires the crybaby character.

Thinking about Melanie Martinez making a non-conceptual alternative album that's very trippy like her cover of Strawberry Fields Forever really makes me excited

i wasn't insulting you, i was just saying that judging something without even listening to it makes people look dumb! :-) 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

This is gonna be a long post and I apologize, but here is my unreleased album NIGHT MIME

The cover

aFDC86m.jpg

Track List

Bombs On Monday Morning

You Love I

Gingerbread Man

Band-Aid

Piggyback

Can't Help Falling In Love (Interlude)

Bittersweet Tragedy

Dead To Me

Ninety Nine Cent Store

Schizo

Night Mime

Haunted

Strawberry Fields Forever

I love most of the snippets and have High School Sweethearts, Class Fight, Teacher's Pet, and Detention on repeat. 

The only one I'm not really looking forward to is Wheels On The Bus. I don't know why but I just don't like it maybe I'll like the full version who knows. 

But so far from what I've heard, I'll probably skip WOTB

dNvtmdN.png

I love most of the snippets and have High School Sweethearts, Class Fight, Teacher's Pet, and Detention on repeat. 

The only one I'm not really looking forward to is Wheels On The Bus. I don't know why but I just don't like it maybe I'll like the full versions who knows. 

But so far from what I've heard, I'll probably skip WOTB

For me personally Wheels On The Bus is one of the best on the album. The chorus is so strong. I edited out the stupid ducks from the intro, after the third play the novelty effect wore off and it was just annoying.