BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

I actually do agree that it is a BIT much having almost every single song switch/transition. Every time they switch it’s really incredible, but I do sort of feel like they could have made this a 13/14 track album and separated some of the tracks

"Don’t forget me"

this is getting so much positive feedback, im so hyped!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

SoundCloud is teasing something with Billie, with the caption : Should we tell them? 👀 

Reveal hidden contents

Double album please 🙏 

Might be a false alarm: Soundclound is changing their app for a Billie layout 🙄

Ratings & First Listen Notes

Spoiler

Skinny: 7/10 I like the lyrics a lot, and the violins were very pretty and reminiscent of Lana. I’m personally not a fan of Billie’s sleepy vocals though (the reason I could never really get into her) and it’s a bit tooooo slow on first listen. 

Lunch: 6/10 The beat is like Bad Guy but better imo. I don’t care for the rest of it really.

Chihiro: 7/10  I like this one, it has a cool 80s vibe with the beat. Very vibey. So far this album is way more sleepy than I expected though.

Birds of a Feather: 9/10 oh this one is a BOP! First melody to have caught my attention. The lyrics are super cute too. 

Wildflower: 7/10 I love the build on this one. So far the production has been the highlight on the album for me while the melodies have been the weakest point. 

The Greatest: 6.5/10 Happier Than Ever 2.0 lol. On first listen I do not understand the lyrics really and I think it’s because her vocals are so drowned out and she also does not enunciate well. Again, I think the production sounds great. 

L’amour Da Me Vie: 6/10 I actually liked the first half of the song, but the beat switch did not work on this one at all. The transition was jarring, and I didn;t enjoy the second half of the song nearly as much. This is one where she should’ve just split the two songs. 

The Diner: 4/10 I don’t care for this one at all. It’s Billie doing Melanie basically lol. 

Bittersuite: 5/10 Not memorable to me. The beat switches worked better on this one though. 

Blue: 7/10 Omg the beat around 3:30-3:40 reminds me so much of a Lana song. The violins are soooo Lana too. I like the melody in the first half as well.

Review

Spoiler

Overall I'd give the album a 6/10. Keep in mind I’m not a Billie fan. I could easily see this being a 10/10 for Billie fans. It’s much more of an “experience” than her past albums, and it does everything Billie is known for but more refined, and then throws bits and pieces of new sounds (the 80s darkwave type beats in Chihiro and L’amour Da me come to mind). The production is gorgeous and expensive sounding. However, I have three main issues with the album. First of all the melodies just are not catchy to me besides Birds of a Feather. Second, and I think this will be the main issue for most people, is that the beat switches are toooo much. It’s to the point where they lost any impact on me. I started having the thought that she saw the criticisms of HTE being bloated and wanted to make a more succinct record but still wanted a bunch of songs, so this was her way to do that. The transition on L’amour Da Me Vie is the worst one for me, mostly because I did not like the way it transitioned and I honestly preferred the first half of the song. The last issue for me is I don’t love Billie’s vocal performance. Again, this is more of a personal preference for me but I find her vocals way too sleepy and they are also extremely drowned out in this album. The best moments in the album are where she switched up her vocals. Overall I just think this album is not for me and it is not the album that’s gonna make me a fan lol, HOWEVER, if you already like Billie you’re gonna love it for sure. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I haven't listened the new album, but for me her music has always aged like milk. :brandy:

It’s good.

In my medical opinion it’s like in her top 5

Edit:

Thought I was in the Taylor Swift thread…

IMG-3521.jpg

16 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I haven't listened to it yet, but why are all major artists using CAPITAL LETTERS for their titles this year? it's so annoying  :eyeroll2:

SO ANNOYING

i completely agree, Imma fume if we end up getting "TOUGH!" and "LASSO" from Lana

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

SO ANNOYING

i completely agree, Imma fume if we end up getting "TOUGH!" and "LASSO" from Lana

I wouldn't mind "Tough!" but ya i dont want it all capitalized.

I'm far from being a Billie Eilish stan (both her albums are a 6/10 to me so if anything I've been mostly indifferent to her) but this album is absolutely fucking phenomenal. My AOTY.

IMG-1607.jpg

Lunch is allegedly the new single, based on the new song list that radios are going to play

url%5D

Oh she’s taking that Grammy…

Spoiler

I’ve just finished listening and woooow it’s already on repeat. I’d say that at first listen is a strong 8 for me

my favs so far that I simply adore:

Skinny

Lunch 

The Greatest

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

2 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

Oh she’s taking that Grammy…

Hide contents

I’ve just finished listening and woooow it’s already on repeat. I’d say that at first listen is a strong 8 for me

my favs so far that I simply adore:

Skinny

Lunch 

The Greatest

She better not be. I want ariana to win. 

Kinda excited to listen to this later tonight. I used to listen to her a little but I haven’t listened to a ton of her newer stuff. 

Spoiler

I think I like her too bc she has hypermobility like me even though hers is the less severe version. Not a lot of representation so I find her inspirational from a personal perspective

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄