BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

17 minutes ago, Embach said:

It's more poppier but it's like cohesive pop, like the tracks are sonically quite similar to each other but they're not boring. Well that's my opinion, I feel like all the tracks have this smooth underwater feeling sonically. People have thought that L'Amour De Ma Vie is about her relationship with Jesse.

That sounds cool! I'll definitely give it a go

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

Hi I have 2 questions as someone who didn't even realise this dropped.

Does it actually sound rock-inspired?

Any songs that may be about Jesse Rutherford? :oopna:

L’amour de ma vie surely is about him… Can’t help but think that the guy from Born Blue (the last part of Blue) is similar to Jesse (I know Born Blue is a scrap from Happier Than Ever, but both guys in those songs are selfish pricks, so…)

as for the rock sound, it’s not. It’s incredible moody alt pop though. The Greatest is similar in structure to Happier than Ever title track, but more « rock ballad - arena anthem » than the rock outburst of HTE.

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

apparently CHIHIRO is because of Jesse:xgiggle:

58 minutes ago, Andre Lamoglia said:

boring video….. she needs an actual director cause chihiro mv is a mess

Most of her videos are awful, like where is the budget for this album? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

IT'S A CRAVING NOT A CRUSH (but seriously I have a huge crush) ... the way she plays with her hair and smiles in the MV with blushed cheeks ... GORGEOUS, STUNNING, BEAUTIFUL :yell: 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

3 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Been listening to “Birds of a Feather” and “Chihiro” A LOT recently 

Chihiro is my favourite since day one. But just like you, I’ve been getting back to Birds of a Feather and Wildflower a lot this passed week…

On 6/6/2024 at 5:16 AM, Ultra Violet said:

They say Wildflower is about Devon Carlson and Jesse Rutherford 

spinn.gifspinn.gifspinn.gif

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

By the way, the album just hit 1 Billion streams after 22 days… A nice, cohesive and addictive 10- track album was a very good idea, it seems.

The whole album is flowing amazingly, from the moment you press play. I honestly didn’t know I would be mesmerized by a Billie album this much. 

spinn.gifspinn.gifspinn.gif

I kinda loved the Chihiro mv omg… it ate….

I liked the simplicity of it and particularly the wind blowing through the door; the part where the guy disappears from the room and she’s in there alone, and the shots of them fighting interspersed with shots of her underwater :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

On 6/9/2024 at 4:39 AM, GeminiLanaFan said:

By the way, the album just hit 1 Billion streams after 22 days… A nice, cohesive and addictive 10- track album was a very good idea, it seems.

Yes. 10 songs and the album feels like it has a start middle end. It’s perfectly paced/structured and feels complete. 

i’ve been listening to the album non-stop since its release and i have to say that it’s really addicting :oprah:

also loveee the new mv

the contrast between more urban and rural shots and the color grading of the video as well that looks more greyish convey the feeling of the song really well imo 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Finally checked out the album!

I was super impressed from the opening track. And skinny also made me think of Lana, and how different everyone talks about her this year (even on this forum) compared to the last 2-3 years.

Overall, I'd say, the only thing that's stopped me being a regular fan of Billie is that I prefer a different singing style. In fact I'm most drawn to the shouted backing vocals of Chihiro, and when The Greatest picks up, and the end of L'amour de ma vie. Can anyone recommend more Billie songs where she sings like this?

I know the power of Billie's voice, and have known since 2017, but i don't tend to like the style she's settled with. I have the same opinion about Halsey. I need these girls to use their voices power and not hold back! But yeah  billie is still excellent and appropriately rated.

10 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Yes. 10 songs and the album feels like it has a start middle end. It’s perfectly paced/structured and feels complete. 

Right? I'm floored at the perfect pacing/structure.

When I saw a 10-track playlist, I was worried. But damn did it work out well. Still my fav album of the year, alongside CC.