Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I thought National Anthem sounded HIDEOUS when i first heard it but it turned out the youtube video i watched was pitched and slowed

This is why I judge people who use YouTube as their source of anything but music videos and live videos when it comes to music because it's always shitty and LQ or pitched and a mess. YouTube ripped music is the worst.

sometimes I like to think that I am this super famous popstar and I wrote and performed all the songs that lana wrote. I would talk like her and I would make all the music videos she made but she didn't exist and I looked like myself. I think her music is so brilliant and I just want to be able to say that it was all me. I feel so guilty about doing this :toofunny:

If u cant dazzle them with brilliance - baffle them with bull shit

Hm... but how would someone genuinely even be affected by something as dumb as someone trying to make you feel "lesser"? Anyway realistically if your fav Lana album is Born to Die you're wrong.

Maybe I should have said "I hate people who TRY to make other fans feel lesser". Just like you did! you're the fan I hate, thanks for the example :)

H0bDaqU.gif

Maybe I should have said "I hate people who TRY to make other fans feel lesser". Just like you did! you're the fan I hate, thanks for the example :)

No I didn't cause it's trivial as fuck lol and nobody genuinely cares what you prefer or even like obviously.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or not, but I wanted to say this somewhere (and my status isn't enough room)

I was re-watching this performance of "Video Games": 

Seeing Lana break down and cry like that gave me so many feelings. Despite the fact that this heaux has made a lot of artistic decisions I don't care for, and doesn't always do the things I wish she did, I am so proud of her, and I feel like I can't criticize too harshly, because she has worked so hard to get to this point. I bet the girl who was drinking and hangin' around in Lake Placid, or the girl who wrote songs in her trailer in New Jersey, or the girl who played songwriters' competitions and local clubs never, ever thought she'd reach this point. When she was singing "you're gonna love me, I'm gonna make you," did she know how true that was going to be? Did she know she would cover magazines and perform at festivals and have crowds and crowds of people cheering her name? When she took the stage for the first time and sang, did she know what was to come? Thinking about all of this is what makes me love her so much more. She's not perfect, she's certainly flawed-- but she is living her dream and I am so happy for her. I wish the Lizzy Grant of ten-or-so years ago could look forward to now and see what she's become-- I think she wouldn't believe it. Even if her music were to go down the drain, I'll always believe in the artist Lana Del Rey is, and forever be proud of her for having a dream and seeing it through.  :flutter:

o4qjp4j.png

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or not, but I wanted to say this somewhere (and my status isn't enough room)

Seeing Lana break down and cry like that gave me so many feelings. Despite the fact that this heaux has made a lot of artistic decisions I don't care for, and doesn't always do the things I wish she did, I am so proud of her, and I feel like I can't criticize too harshly, because she has worked so hard to get to this point. I bet the girl who was drinking and hangin' around in Lake Placid, or the girl who wrote songs in her trailer in New Jersey, or the girl who played songwriters' competitions and local clubs never, ever thought she'd reach this point. When she was singing "you're gonna love me, I'm gonna make you," did she know how true that was going to be? Did she know she would cover magazines and perform at festivals and have crowds and crowds of people cheering her name? When she took the stage for the first time and sang, did she know what was to come? Thinking about all of this is what makes me love her so much more. She's not perfect, she's certainly flawed-- but she is living her dream and I am so happy for her. I wish the Lizzy Grant of ten-or-so years ago could look forward to now and see what she's become-- I think she wouldn't believe it. Even if her music were to go down the drain, I'll always believe in the artist Lana Del Rey is, and forever be proud of her for having a dream and seeing it through.  :flutter:

Quoting my own post to add this incredible video: 

The perfect addendum to my post-- this completely sums it up. I'm so proud of her  :blush:

o4qjp4j.png

lol same actually 

I'm the opposite I've probably seen like every official vid even old trailers and most live performances xD

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

lol same actually 

i have them all saved in a bookmark folder on my computer but i just never watch them haha. I've only seen a few. I DID WATCH TROPICO MULTIPLE TIMES THO!

I'm the opposite I've probably seen like every official vid even old trailers and most live performances xD

awe! that's awesome though <3 I have soooooooo many bookmarked live performances but i never watch haha but i download the songs and listen to live versions all the time.

the awkward moment when you sing the "live" version of her songs while a recorded version is playing is what gets me. haha

~INSTA1.gif

I love Paradise EP and era. I only got into Lana when National Anthem Video came up on MTV and by then the BTD era was winding down. So PD was my first era experienced as a proper stan. I absolutely adore all the videos including Tropico. That whole period in my life was so special. I deeply regret not been able to buy the boxset....  

It's rare now? I thought up a boxset for BTD, P, UV and HM all together with more photo cards cause I loved the photo cards that came in it so much lmao

This is exactly why YGLM remains my favourite song ever and will probably always be. Thank you so much for putting it in such beautiful words. This song is an anthem to everything I long for. She wanted her fame so hard and even though it's not necessarily what she thought it was, even though in the case of this video she wasn't crying of happiness, even though in interviews she particularly insists how even though she wanted success more than anything but the music she makes is for herself and even though as you said she made some questionable choices, she is the greatest inspiration I can think of and that's what drew me to her in the first place. I'm of course speaking as a stan but I absolutely do not think the fact that the best things that have happened to me, and on top of everything me being accepted in the course of my ultimate dreams because I'm grinding every day to put visuals on her music, is a coincidence. I love Lana because even though we are lightyears of difference apart I relate to her more than anyone I've met before and her passion, her dedication and her very simple blind faith in her success and confidence what she's doing is just the greatest example. If as a fan I don't necessarily appreciate certain songs or decisions I know that she does and at the end of the day this is the biggest achievement. Maybe she didn't knew it would come this big, but she certainly wanted it, and she believed in it, and fucked my way up to the top or not this raging will to make it is the best gift she gave me. I love her and I'm proud of her and I'm grateful above everything else and even if one day I'm 40yo and I don't love her or her music as I love her now I will look back and realize I've accomplished all my dreams because she was there when nobody else was

ZKcaooE.png

I first disliked her because I thought she was the type of person who would think way to highly of themselves  :eek:  Then when I first decided to check her out I listened to Born To Die and though "wtf this song is not even that good". Months later before West Coast was released I listened to Summertime Sadness and that's when I became a fan. 

I get really offended when people say Honeymoon is boring. It literally makes no sense, to me personally at least. It's SUCH an awesome record. Anyone who makes any other Lana fan feel lesser for liking a certain album more/less than another is stupid.

In my opinion, it depends on the mood you're in. I catch myself listening to certain songs from HM depending on my mood

This isn't really a confession but yesterday for English class we had to do a read aloud presentation of literally anything from the literary world and read for 1-2 mins and I did the first part of burnt norton, like one stanza further than the interlude and I got an A for it. No one knew a) what it was b) what it was about except for my teacher and she loved my reading :)

smile.gif

This isn't really a confession but yesterday for English class we had to do a read aloud presentation of literally anything from the literary world and read for 1-2 mins and I did the first part of burnt norton, like one stanza further than the interlude and I got an A for it. No one knew a) what it was b) what it was about except for my teacher and she loved my reading :)

thats so nice :) 

tumblr_o0nocyD6zu1rvt47eo1_400.gif