Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I want Ultraviolence 2.0 yall can judge and h8 me as much as you want I do not give a shït. I want a prequel or sequel to UV I want more of the narco swing more of the joy I felt when I listened to it for the first time and thought I never would be able to hear something as good as it was. I was relistening to it last week for my uni project and it's true I'm always extra with how much I love it purely out of dumb reaction to people saying BTD or HM is better but I fück you not this album is honestly the best thing that has happened to me and it's really more than just music, it's just that the music resumes everything the concept and vibe is about, and if I could dream of having even just 0.1% of this feeling again on the new album, I would be satisfied. 

yeah I want uv 2.0 more than btd 2.0 - can you believe I just said this? 266264531435651073.png

image.png

I want Ultraviolence 2.0 yall can judge and h8 me as much as you want I do not give a shït. I want a prequel or sequel to UV I want more of the narco swing more of the joy I felt when I listened to it for the first time and thought I never would be able to hear something as good as it was. I was relistening to it last week for my uni project and it's true I'm always extra with how much I love it purely out of dumb reaction to people saying BTD or HM is better but I fück you not this album is honestly the best thing that has happened to me and it's really more than just music, it's just that the music resumes everything the concept and vibe is about, and if I could dream of having even just 0.1% of this feeling again on the new album, I would be satisfied. 

giphy.gif 

God, yes!

I dont want BTD 2.0, UV 2.0 or H 2.0

266264531435651073.png

Why are you guys acting like LDR5 should be rehearsal of something she has already done.

I know he loved it when I'd whisper in his ear
The way I'd get down in the sand- sun tan, sundress
Hot summer lover, sippin jack d like water
Lost in the psychedelic stars of the night sky

But I'm not high anymore
Not f'ing blind anymore

WE WERE…

For the next try - try incorporating "you kids with your vintage music" in the verse and some lines these young lads in the video can dance to. ;)  

266264531435651073.png

Why are you guys acting like LDR5 should be rehearsal of something she has already done.

For the next try - try incorporating "you kids with your vintage music" in the verse and some lines these young lads in the video can dance to. ;)

Wym lol. i like that tho

266264531435651073.png

Yeah I don't want it either but I don't think as well that Lana is going to do something extremely different and in the grand scheme of things if I had to choose between BTD UV or HM I'd prefer UV :) But from what we've gathered for now it's most likely to recall of Honeymoon anyway so I can dream. As long as it's some Lana Del Rey whatever that means I'll be fine

ZKcaooE.png

Ultraviolence is life.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Yeah I don't want it either but I don't think as well that Lana is going to do something extremely different and in the grand scheme of things if I had to choose between BTD UV or HM I'd prefer UV :) But from what we've gathered for now it's most likely to recall of Honeymoon anyway so I can dream. As long as it's some Lana Del Rey whatever that means I'll be fine

tbh before HM was released I hadn't thought she would do anything different either. it might sound weird but i kind of expect being surprised by the next album, and even tho there might be some similarities we know 4 sure the overall vibe will be new.

accept that this thread is just fans talking ab lana in general. thats cool

not like we know anything an ldr5 yet anyway

yeah, but like people are talking about lana to come to an understanding of what LDR5 is going to be like, and when something does come out soon, we will have a place to talk about that

Ok but Lana and her team have never had any type of release strategies lmao why do ya'll think they will this time around. It wouldn't be smart to release as the same time as Lorde or even Ratsley (I can't believe she's really part of LDR's competition now :deadbanana:) but I guess she won't really care

Side Note: remember when Lana was the only mainstream alternative girlie around and was almost on the same lever as Gaga, Katy etc.

God I would love for that to happen again :)

RANT TIME ************************

I am annoyed at the idea she would have any sort of collaboration with any singer on her album. I don't want her to collab with FJM, Marina, or anyone else because Marina doesn't fit her and I can't imagine her doing a feature with another female singer, it's just not lana for me. And I honestly would be annoyed is she continues covering nina simone when shes not really doing it justice. I don't want any covers unless she does something by peggy lee, other than that I am not here for it.  And FJM is your token hipster try hard and let's be real here, we would know nothing about him if it wasn't for her. He is overrated and will only bring her project down. Her promo or lack of is honestly a mess. Since 2013 it hasn't been persistent or direct in success and I have come to the conclusion that she doesn't want to become a sell out or have so much exposure. I feel like she is right where she wants to be. Because if she wanted to be as big as a britney or your token popstar, we all know she has the chops vocally and thematically to do so, but she doesn't want to. She has matured her direction and likes her fanbase and touring pattern. But her album sales and promo have been going down year by year. I am personally annoyed by her management for not being as active as they one were in her new project and letting things leak and letting whoever have access. I am starting to question the trustworthiness of certain producers, labels, and people on her immediate team as to what their intentions are. Our girl needs to get this sorted because if she waits any longer without any form of notice it is bound to leak. Her managers only come in after something gets out and they aren't doing their job. She doesn't do promo because she doesn't want to or doesn't have the guidance/resources to do it where it would come into comparison to her promo in 2012. And promo is a big deal. Because 85 percent of the people in her fandom would not know about her including myself. Without promo this applies to most artist who are semi new.  

Additionally people are hating on the idea of a "Snoozer album" or a "honeymoon pt2". I want to let you know that I feel she might be doing this new album in a similar direction of hm in a way that will progress this story even more. So if your against it being dreamlike or similar in california style that shes moving towards, you aren't supporting the story progression and you should honestly listen all over again to her album and see where shes going in the story. Also people expecting it to be like born to die in the sense of fast pace and hip hop style. HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA That would make her plummet even more, you are kidding right? She came in 2012 at the perfect time with the perfect sound that tied in her theme. She can't just revert back to that time and then automatically have success. 

Please don't be silly in expecting anything besides something lana would do because she sticks to her story and thats why I love her. The album will not be coming any time soon, especially after all the mess that happened. And give her time, mind you BTD took collectively 10 years to be made considering all the label shopping around, outtakes, and such and look at how great it was. UV took collectively three years and look at how impressed we were with her. Give her time. 

Yes, preach it!

Also, I might add that there is something we all need to keep in mind.

We're not even supposed to know about half of the stuff we know right now, and because of this, It's nine times outta ten not gonna be coming anytime soon.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

its been a year and 5 months since honeymoon and i know thats nothing compared to how long it takes some other artists release albums but if this album comes out any later than april i genuinely think im going to die   :toofunny:

pNjWdpc.png

I told them

Told them you didn't play for me

Told them it wasn't easy

Loving somebody like you

So Eclipse basically posted this

Didn't find anything with a quick google search :defeated:

Inb4 new lyrics?

Edit:

Nvm they're probably Your GirI or some other unreleased track lyrics

image.png