Sign in to follow this  
Elle

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT LDR5 MATERIAL

!!ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!!

Hello everyone. I just got off the phone with Ed Millet, Lana's manager. He is very concerned about leaked material on LanaBoards. I've expressed this to you all many times, but please think before you post!! Please do not post unleaked material from the new album on LanaBoards (links, pictures, gifs, videos) or links directing to unleaked material.

Please know that the LanaBoards mod team and I as well as Lana's team is taking this very seriously. Ed & Ben have an account here on LanaBoards and are planning to make a post explaining the severity of the situation soon.

To members who want to help with the situation, please do not hesitate to use the "Report" feature on any post you find questionable. The mod team and I moderate all of the threads pertaining to LDR5, but using the report feature makes it easier and faster for us to catch any violations.

You all have a lot of eyes on you, including the myself, the mod team, and most importantly - Lana's team.

Thank you.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm so mad and sad for Lana.

I feel like a hypocrite because 3-4 weeks ago I was so thirsty for that song. But, honestly, I feel really bad for her and I hope her team stop the leaks.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

If you really think nothing is leaking on the boards then you need to know that various members from the past few weeks HAVE been saying information about the album (descriptions, titles, lyrics, etc). I just wanted to let you guys know that if you do have the song (No say on exactly how you got it), then keep everything about it to yourself. I know there have been members here that have even been sending snippets(!) to each other and big fan accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. You don't understand how disrespectful that is to everyone who has worked hard on these songs. I have a few members on my mind that can not stop saying stuff about the songs, for a reason I can't begin to understand. How do you actually think that this is okay to do? I may not be a mod or anything, but I please ask that you guys kindly stop. It ruins the release for the rest and will ultimately get yourself in trouble, so what's the point?

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

This is at least 5x worse than the leak of the Nowels tracks while she was working on UV 

holy :)

Nah, that was long before we even knew about UV, and it was FIVE tracks that could have potentially been released in the future, not just one. The YAIL situation is still terrible, but her single, and her entire album, are likely just around the corner.

I have a really hard time believing that Ben + Ed will actually post here because there seems to be an issue with the trustworthiness of those around her (including producers or friends or whatever) and it didn't leak on this site so they should be tracing the leaked material back through other forms of social media rather than running a wild goose chase around a forum that gets the remains of the situation via reactions in a thread. :eartha:

And girl, don't pretend like you were not privy to album information including the album's title and the existence of YAIL (and possible audio). You have full access to every single account here, and thus inside information from all sorts of sources, legally and illegally.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Although I understand her managers' concerns for the era and the single, I'm sorry to say, but if they had actually taken more care in protecting Lana's work then this never would have happened. Considering Lana generally only works with a handful of people on each album so there's really not that many people who even have access to the material, it's utterly insane that her managers can't even protect her work.

I agree that we should prevent any leaks being spread around this forum but at the end of the day, the only ones to truly blame for all of this mess are her managers. If they actually cared about Lana's work then none of this would be happening. Messy stans will always be messy, no matter how many times they are told not to leak stuff and spoil surprises. Lana's managers should know this by now, particularly considering Lana has a sort of cult following with a lot of unstable and over the top fans. I mean, her "fans" have stolen her car, camped out in her garage and even broken into her house. 

I'm not trying to justify the ugly and disrespectful behaviour of people spreading things around, all I'm trying to say is that her label is completely to blame for all of this and it's a joke that they are only taking action now, once a bajillion snippets have been leaked and a still and a full portion of the music video is being spread around. The damage is done now and Lana's managers should truly be ashamed for how poorly they have "managed" her work.

Trying to frame LanaBoards as the culprit of all this mess is immature on her label's behalf, since it is their fault they couldn't secure the material. All that happens on here is people discuss material obtained from outside sources that has spread over all corners of the internet. Of course, it is in Lana's best interest for all of us to stop the spread of her material on here, but at the end of the day, her label needs to take responsibility for what has happened and acknowledge that they have let Lana down.

I can't understand how easy it is for her music to leak... and I also don't understand why this is Your concern should be making her music SECURE so it doesn't leak.. not blaming a website lol. Idk just doesn't make sense to me. If you can't have a hold of your own files, then can you really blame anyone? lol. 

I can't understand how easy it is for her music to leak... and I also don't understand why this is Your concern should be making her music SECURE so it doesn't leak.. not blaming a website lol. Idk just doesn't make sense to me. If you can't have a hold of your own files, then can you really blame anyone? lol.

It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black here, let's be real.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1