Sitar

Official Single Premiere: "LOVE"

No UV is my fave album so far. xx I just meant to not be writting about herself and love life anymore.

True - I think going from BTD to UV was a huge sonic transition, and from all of her previous albums to LDR5 there will be a thematic transition in lyrics (and who knows how different this record will sound too - I'm hopeful for a new direction)

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Why?

To ge writing about personal love stories for like 15 years to then switch to writing about fans, will she go back? Idk. I just feel like it'll be a longer gap in between albums for a while.

Is anybody else wondering who the mystery guy is on the slightly edited LOVE poster (the one that was on Melrose?) I'm talking about this version of the poster Lana tweeted:

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/833107010732380160 

Also, there's a flower above the lady in the silk dress on the bottom left? 

Also, does anyone else think that the photo of Lana in the single cover/poster looks straight out of the Honeymoon video? I am not criticizing even though I know all this was rushed, I am truly ready for this era!!!

And as for collabs, I'm just going to list everyone she's associated with:

• The Weeknd
  • A$AP Rocky
  • Father John Misty (who also has new music out + getting major songwriting credits)
  • Emile Haynie 
  • Arctic Monkeys 
  • Lykke Li 
  • Rihanna (posted her on her Honeymoon account)
  • Guns N' Roses (the song + her getting an exclusive tour jacket from them @coachella) 
  • Marina and the Diamonds (replied to her tweets very early on in 2011,2012)
  • Courtney Love
  • Grimes
  • Jimmy Gnecco 
  • (not expecting this one at all but we all know she used to date) Barry James O'Neill 
  • Marilyn Manson (starred in one of his unreleased music videos)
  • Zella Day (recently followed on her Twitter acc)

Some other possible collabs as unlikely as they sound: 

Why?

To ge writing about personal love stories for like 15 years to then switch to writing about fans, will she go back? Idk. I just feel like it'll be a longer gap in between albums for a while.

I have this feeling too..It's like wanting to thanks us for being her fans all these years and a farewell project is our present.

Lana is always writings autobiographical songs about her experiences..Since she became famous she cannot have those experiences she used to have, so she may run out of ideas..I wish not to be true, tho

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I really hope that she's not going to have guests featured on this new album. I don't wanna hear them, I wanna hear her.

Also, I do hope this era is like Ultraviolence, where other material was leaking.

giphy.gif

• Marina and the Diamonds (replied to her tweets very early on in 2011,2012)

Marina also liked Lana's tweet about Love yesterday. I'm still not hoping for a collab. I can't picture Lana featuring another woman on a record.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I have this feeling too..It's like wanting to thanks us for being her fans all these years and a farewell project is our present.

Lana is always writings autobiographical songs about her experiences..Since she became famous she cannot have those experiences she used to have, so she may run out of ideas..I wish not to be true, tho

Fair enough if you both think this, but you're going off one song. This song is such a Lana song too, like its exactly the type of song I would expect her to sing, its similar lyric wise to Art Deco for me. 

I'm pretty sure Lana will release many more albums in the future.

qsVmBMd.png

i'm deeply unimpressed with this song, to be perfectly honest. hopefully it'll grow on me, because i think this is the least impressed / interested i've ever been in a Lana song on a first listen (maybe on par with Bel Air & Black Beauty, which are probably my least favorite songs of hers).

I love sad music and i never thought i'd say this but, I'm really hoping for a happy and inspirational record from Lana. Nothing upbeat, just on the same pace as her song Love. I live for the bittersweetness. I just want this album to reflect where i am in my life right now, i want it to be bright. Like it's found the light and it's finally happy.

This this this. I love that Love is happy and bittersweet. It's a feel-good while also making me want to cry because it reminds me of the good times. I hope the rest of the album has songs like this and more upbeat, light ones. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore