Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

mark_web2.jpg?format=1000w

lana_1.jpg?format=1000w

Are we really gonna act like Chuck's not a good photographer? Yikes :eek: She's primarily a medium format photographer, which is a subset of film. She's renowned in the photography industry and constantly gets great gigs. It's one thing to say you don't care for this type of photography but to completely discredit her work is..........just wrong. Being a film photographer myself, I guess I can easily appreciate her and Neil's work; I guess I'm kind of biased. She barely retouches her work so it looks a little raw, and yeah sometimes the focus isn't precisely clear but that's because it's film photography, which is tricky. Yeah the Honeymoon cover was fucking terrible in every way possible bad but Chucks other work for Lana is pretty good, like the photo above or her shots for National Anthem, HBTB or MTWBT. Let's not act like Chuck is a bad photographer. Have some faith girls  :um2:

I honestly feel like Lana doesn't want to spend a dime on good (or expensive) photographers or video directors because she just doesn't care anymore her career. She at least is doing better music that the released on HM but she doesn't want to look fancy or expensive and I get that. She's so honest, pure and her face is a very good trick of a nice girl being a b!tch inside. But she doesn't really want to work harder, she already knows she has her fans that will support her career no matter what. Let's not forget she's always has been a rich right, she wanted to be famous so bad that now that she is famous, she doesn't want it anymore. An example is the Love video, what a BEAUTIFUL video but so freaking easy to just record a part in one take standing there looking pretty, lip syncing and the rest of the work made by unknown actors and a paid director. She didn't even tried to get someone famous on her video and f*ck man, she totally CAN convince someone famous to make the video a little bit more interesting that what it is.

I honestly feel like Lana doesn't want to spend a dime on good (or expensive) photographers or video directors because she just doesn't care anymore her career. She at least is doing better music that the released on HM but she doesn't want to look fancy or expensive and I get that. She's so honest, pure and her face is a very good trick of a nice girl being a b!tch inside. But she doesn't really want to work harder, she already knows she has her fans that will support her career no matter what. Let's not forget she's always has been a rich right, she wanted to be famous so bad that now that she is famous, she doesn't want it anymore. An example is the Love video, what a BEAUTIFUL video but so freaking easy to just record a part in one take standing there looking pretty, lip syncing and the rest of the work made by unknown actors and a paid director. She didn't even tried to get someone famous on her video and f*ck man, she totally CAN convince someone famous to make the video a little bit more interesting that what it is.

the love video only gets topped by the national anthem video and ride. although, i hate ride because of the prentious monologue, but it is her best video in a long, long time

lana_1.jpg?format=1000w

Are we really gonna act like Chuck's not a good photographer? Yikes :eek: She's primarily a medium format photographer, which is a subset of film. She's renowned in the photography industry and constantly gets great gigs. It's one thing to say you don't care for this type of photography but to completely discredit her work is..........just wrong. Being a film photographer myself, I guess I can easily appreciate her and Neil's work; I guess I'm kind of biased. She barely retouches her work so it looks a little raw, and yeah sometimes the focus isn't precisely clear but that's because it's film photography, which is tricky. Yeah the Honeymoon cover was fucking terrible in every way possible bad but Chucks other work for Lana is pretty good, like the photo above or her shots for National Anthem, HBTB or MTWBT. Let's not act like Chuck is a bad photographer. Have some faith girls  

lol i studied film photography for 3 years- I'm not an expert but I'm also not an idiot. im not saying all her work is horrible.. but chuck seems to be at a high school level with her photography. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 actually decent photos of hers.. so like 90% of the work I've seen of hers has just flat out sucked. she doesn't understand exposure or how to really even use half the cameras she uses, that's why they come out so out of focus and grainy. if u like her work thats fine, but i just think the vast majority of photographers out there could do a better job- lana is just not willing to change or pay a real photographer.

chuck can go suck a turd. I'm sure she's a nice person or whatever, but like she has no skill when it comes to photography- idc if u disagree. but like, she needs to go take a photography course or learn the BASICS to photography b/c obviously she doesn't know wtf she's doing. if yall r seriously arguing that Dreamland was good im done. have u seen the editing on that shit?? half the pictures are too grainy or out of focus lmao. sorry but chucks out- if lana gives two shits abt her image then she needs to fire chucks flat ass.

the pics are meant to be grainy, theyre supposed to look "retro" do u not know who lana del rey is

lana_1.jpg?format=1000w

Are we really gonna act like Chuck's not a good photographer? Yikes :eek: She's primarily a medium format photographer, which is a subset of film. She's renowned in the photography industry and constantly gets great gigs. It's one thing to say you don't care for this type of photography but to completely discredit her work is..........just wrong. Being a film photographer myself, I guess I can easily appreciate her and Neil's work; I guess I'm kind of biased. She barely retouches her work so it looks a little raw, and yeah sometimes the focus isn't precisely clear but that's because it's film photography, which is tricky. Yeah the Honeymoon cover was fucking terrible in every way possible bad but Chucks other work for Lana is pretty good, like the photo above or her shots for National Anthem, HBTB or MTWBT. Let's not act like Chuck is a bad photographer. Have some faith girls  :um2:

i dont even have commentary to make i just cant get over how pretty these photos still are. i knew the second one was the cover for terrence loves you but its so much more beautiful in color

pNjWdpc.png

I think we've all lost our faith in Chuck after the Huntymoon shoot but please look at these:

Chuck53.jpg

chuckgrant_15.jpg?format=1000w

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lanadelrey/images/8/8e/CG_8_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130130100339

The amount of hate for her work is appalling. Why don't y'all 'professional' photographers stick to your Instagram filters mmkay?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The Chuck hate is so unjustified. Just because you don't like a photo/photoshoot, that does not mean the photographer is bad. It's not as if she uses terrible angels or her photos are in a bad quality. If you don't like the album shoot, then that's Lana's "fault", pretty sure she has a lot to say when it comes to which aesthetic she wants to have. And I also never got what is so bad about the HM shoot. But since y'all even have a meltdown because of a stupid font, I'm not even going to try.

I'm excited to see what it will be, I hope it's a bit more Lana centered.

On another note, I wonder when the album teaser, tracklist and promosingle will be released. Most other artists who release in a few months just revealed those things

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The Chuck hate is so unjustified. Just because you don't like a photo/photoshoot, that does not mean the photographer is bad. It's not as if she uses terrible angels or her photos are in a bad quality. If you don't like the album shoot, then that's Lana's "fault", pretty sure she has a lot to say when it comes to which aesthetic she wants to have. And I also never got what is so bad about the HM shoot. But since y'all even have a meltdown because of a stupid font, I'm not even going to try.

I'm excited to see what it will be, I hope it's a bit more Lana centered.

On another note, I wonder when the album teaser, tracklist and promosingle will be released. Most other artists who release in a few months just revealed those things

Agreed, Chuck's not a bad photographer at all, just look at her portfolio, she's getting way too much hate. Obviously she could ride Lana's fame, but she's actually very talented.

edit/ welp everyone's defending her in previous pages, sorry for repeating, but i just love her   :dmd:

Happy as the moonshine

Photography is art, art isn't meant to be universally renowned. For example the most famous piece of art at the Louvre is the Mona Lisa, which is mediocre at best.

But you can't discredit a photographer or an artist based on your subjective opinion. I may think the Mona Lisa is shit but I can't discredit the fact that Leonardo Da Vinci was a great artist because I could never do it.