Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

@@leaked_version

Frankly, initially, you annoyed me with your sales talk. Nevertheless, I started to appreciate your attempts to push our gurl.

Personally, I care more about her "art", so it's good to have people like you who actually care about her financial success since lack of money could mean inferior quality of art.

So, let's spread love (I hope everyone is streaming the s#it out of it)!

in the USA- a song in its first week is almost all downloads/streams

radio tends to come later

theoretically Love could if the record company wished too, be a mega Summer hit, but that part is normally a record companies responsiblity

unless it happens organically

Is it too soon for an early summer song

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

If I had a choice between promo and more studio time, more songs, then more Instagram chats to the fans then go back and record more songs

like Brian Wilson did.

Brian Wilson almost lost everything (including his creativity and his life) to mental illness. Please stop invoking him in relation to Lana.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

@@longtimeman  Brian Wilson survived, came back better than ever and took to his own facebook page to confront fans that wanted him to remain stuck

in the 60s hits he and only he created (without him no Beach Boys at all).

and has made one solid album after another since then (and with a Beach Boy tribute band turned into his backing band), warts and all.

Evoking Brian is nothing to be ashamed of. It is to embrace him and admire him and pass his music to new generations so he will always be vital

(and considering Lana just this past year did the movie and song with Daniel Johnston, it's an odd thing to say in post 2605).

Lana is all about those most vunerable and those that have been abused (Like Brian's father was to him). Brian is was and always will be unique

and a visionary.

Without Brian, the Beatles would never have done Sgt. Pepper's. And in a way, if not for Brian, the Beatles would not also be immortal today.

and without either Brian or the Beatles, well, Elton would not have followed, Pet Shop boys wouldn't have

and to endwith-

Without Brian Wilson-

Lana would not be singing "Don't worry Baby" in "Love".  Lana herself is evoking Brian Wilson.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Brian Wilson almost lost everything (including his creativity and his life) to mental illness. Please stop invoking him in relation to Lana.

well... lana has already started her witch era  :thumb3:  :lel:

@graham4anything wait, how are you a fan since 2005?

Ideally, there is an actual bop on this album. An OTTR or Lolita to carry us into summer. I would even take a MTWBT. But god please don't give me an album full of Love. Just re-record Serial Killer :toofunny: 

OTTR is a masterpiece, lyrically and sonically

So is this Miles Kane collab for his album/Last Shadow Puppets or for something completely independent of both of their discography? I know it's been established it's not for LDR5, was just wondering if we knew if it was for his work or just a one off song?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

In Lana's last two albums, there were themes of cults. In the Ultraviolence song she referred to a cult leader, and the song was over all clearly very dark and melancholic but disguised by lyrics that sounded romantic at times. Freak both lyrically and visually had themes of cults in it. The song was an invite for people to go to California and be a 'freak' and make their purpose known ('screw your anonyimity') which in my eyes makes me think of a cult, especially when there were cults like the Manson Family in California. The MV also served up physcadelic visuals and also kool-aid, which was a reference to the unfortunate Jonestown massacre/cult.

Anyway, I think this album is going to have in parts of it a cult theme too, and that is where this witch stuff comes in. When people think of Wiccans and Paganism, they often think of cults, and often not in a good way either. In the past some followers of paganism have been responsible for cruel things (e.g Sacarfices), but today they are generally peaceful and tolerant religion. Most pagans strive to be as loving as they can to the Earth and others, and are not evil. But there are heavy misconceptions and stereotypes around witches and Paganism. This has lead them to be ostracised and mocked unfairly. Anyway I think Lana might use this as a theme. In the song/aesthetic/MV her group of people, possibly Wiccans, are misunderstood because of stereotypes, when really all the want is love and peace. The mistakes of their past generations are behind them, and all they want is change.

I think that would be a really interesting aesthetic and meaning, but I'm not sure how it would fit with the retro space theme. Wiccans use astrology, so that might be how it could fit. I'm just going off the pictures and dates though.

Lol I'm probably just over thinking it.

In Lana's last two albums, there were themes of cults. In the Ultraviolence song she referred to a cult leader, and the song was over all clearly very dark and melancholic but disguised by lyrics that sounded romantic at times. Freak both lyrically and visually had themes of cults in it. The song was an invite for people to go to California and be a 'freak' and make their purpose known ('screw your anonyimity') which in my eyes makes me think of a cult, especially when there were cults like the Manson Family in California.  The MV also served up physcadelic visuals and also kool-aid, which was a reference to the unfortunate Jonestown massacre/cult. 

Anyway, I think this album is going to have in parts of it a cult theme too, and that is where this witch stuff comes in. When people think of Wiccans and Paganism, they often think of cults, and often not in a good way either. In the past some followers of paganism have been responsible for cruel things (e.g Sacarfices), but today they are generally peaceful and  tolerant religion. Most pagans strive to be as loving  as they can to the Earth and others, and are not satanists. But there are heavy misconceptions and stereotypes around witches and Paganism.  This has lead them to be ostracised and mocked unfairly. Anyway I think Lana might use this as a theme. In the song/aesthetic/MV her group of people, possibly Wiccans,  are misunderstood because of stereotypes, when really all the want is love and peace. The mistakes of their past generations are behind them, and all they want is change.

I think that would be a really interesting aesthetic and meaning, but I'm not sure how it would fit with the retro space theme. Wiccans use astrology, so that might be how it could fit. I'm just going off the pictures and dates though.

I personally love astrology & tarot type stuff so I'm 100% here for this

In Lana's last two albums, there were themes of cults. In the Ultraviolence song she referred to a cult leader, and the song was over all clearly very dark and melancholic but disguised by lyrics that sounded romantic at times. Freak both lyrically and visually had themes of cults in it. The song was an invite for people to go to California and be a 'freak' and make their purpose known ('screw your anonyimity') which in my eyes makes me think of a cult, especially when there were cults like the Manson Family in California.  The MV also served up physcadelic visuals and also kool-aid, which was a reference to the unfortunate Jonestown massacre/cult. 

I have the same theory too. When I listened to Love, I asked myself what song it reminded me and I thought that it has Fine China (UV outtake) vibes. So I looked for Ultraviolence era interviews and I found so many of them, but this one really brought my attention:

"Ultraviolence is a look back on my time in New York. I was for a while part of a sloping underground scene, which was dominated by a guru. He believed in the concept, finished close people first and then rebuild. I fell for him because that time I longed for security."

It's basically the definition of "solve et coagula", her Instagram bio. Judging by interviews, it seems that she doesn't like UV that much and she said that if she could, she would change it. I still think her tweet refers to more than just witches spell on Trump, it's kind of a hint behind the main idea.

Like I said in one of my replies in this thread, she's really into that kind of stuff. She studied metaphysics, she's seeing a medium Fleur, and Chuck even have tarot cards.

I think that this album will have UV vibes, even if she says that it will remind BTD, but we all know that she says things and it happen to be the complete opposite at the end.  :oop2:

I'm sorry if it's all messy and has many misspellings, I'm half asleep

tumblr_n3uc3h7ELp1qlsak1o1_500.gif

On her last albums, there was always a relationship with a old man that was very neglectful with her, but she still liked him

Hope we get out of this box in LDR5, she already proved she can do it with Love

Hope we can also get support from her record label, since we already know Ultra and Honey were huge messed eras because of the absence of label's good sense

What, I'm behind, I must've missed this back then

I though she liked the end result of UV, considering she also "fought" with her label to let her release it as it was even if they weren't impressed

Anyway, I think this album is going to have in parts of it a cult theme too, and that is where this witch stuff comes in. When people think of Wiccans and Paganism, they often think of cults, and often not in a good way either. In the past some followers of paganism have been responsible for cruel things (e.g Sacarfices), but today they are generally peaceful and  tolerant religion. Most pagans strive to be as loving  as they can to the Earth and others, and are not satanists. But there are heavy misconceptions and stereotypes around witches and Paganism.  This has lead them to be ostracised and mocked unfairly. Anyway I think Lana might use this as a theme. In the song/aesthetic/MV her group of people, possibly Wiccans,  are misunderstood because of stereotypes, when really all the want is love and peace. The mistakes of their past generations are behind them, and all they want is change.

I have the same theory too. When I listened to Love, I asked myself what song it reminded me and I thought that it has Fine China (UV outtake) vibes. So I looked for Ultraviolence era interviews and I found so many of them, but this one really brought my attention:

"Ultraviolence is a look back on my time in New York. I was for a while part of a sloping underground scene, which was dominated by a guru. He believed in the concept, finished close people first and then rebuild. I fell for him because that time I longed for security."

It's basically the definition of "solve et coagula", her Instagram bio. Judging by interviews, it seems that she doesn't like UV that much and she said that if she could, she would change it. I still think her tweet refers to more than just witches spell on Trump, it's kind of a hint behind the main idea.

Like I said in one of my replies in this thread, she's really into that kind of stuff. She studied metaphysics, she's seeing a medium Fleur, and Chuck even has tarot cards.

I think that this album will have UV vibes, even if she says that it will remind BTD, but we all know that she says things and it happen to be the complete opposite at the end.  :oop2:

I'm sorry if it's all messy and has many misspellings, I'm half asleep

I agree with this so much. So many lana fans don't want anyone to judge her, yet they judge her about her interests in occult and believe they are 'above' all that.

I'd love Lana to explore the dark side, not only because its my area ;), but because it's giving us the example of thinking for ourselves and not letting ourselves be pushed into a set of beliefs.

I personally DO hope she has a witchcraft aesthetic somewhere, even satanic (although people are far more likely to give her hate for satanism since it is an even more misunderstood religion)