Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Why does everyone want lana to do things she has never done and literally will never do (a collab with nicki minaj? really?) for a number one hit. Lana could have a number one single, she has written a lot of accessible and catchy music, but she's not going to sell out and become like every other artist. For her, music is the primary concern, and I would rather have impactful music that's genuine and well conceived than something that is designed solely for the purpose of being a number one hit. Also, she doesn't like being famous anymore, she made that apparent, so that won't be her goal her goal will be writing music that matters to her and her true fans. I wish the people on this thread appreciated lana for how amazing her music is and didn't try to fit her into a mold meant for other artists. 

Does it matter about charts? Dylan definitely made an impact on music whether you can see it or not.

yall can't understand irony

giphy.gif

xxxxcuse me buddy i don'teven want to be associated with that twink whore whore-hay

ok babe - it's just that that whore is known for making accounts here and posting "guys do you know what's up with china.palace???" for that sweet sweet attention

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Summertime Sadness is about suicide of a friend

and even if it wasn't, it sure is not a happy song, it would be comparable with Bobby Vinton's and Brian Hyland's Sealed with a Kiss (though we gotta say goodbye for the summer (and one knows that come September that the friendship won't last)

and people are interpreting what Lana said, and "Love" wrongly IMHO

the album is not for the kiddies amusement, the album is for the kiddies to listen to and hear what she is saying to them, and that in the midst of going

nowhere in Part Ic U Lar one does something important each day (so one can have fun, but one needs to grow up and get serious at the same time)

and now a decade down the road, and many still do not realize Lana has transcended all female stars before her, and is doing something heretofore

only male artists have been doing. Lana broke the wall. (there might be a couple of others, but she already is bigger than those, and many of the others did not do what she did.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It's depressing see you talking for hours only about sales, when the only important thing, especially for an artist like Lana, is the quality of music. I really hope Lana continues to think only about making good music and to express herself, not caring to please this or that, like any truly great artist does. That said, if I had to think of a duet, I think of artists like P.J. Harvey, Kate Bush, Cat Power ... I hope that we should always keep away from the empty and sterile pop that is rampant in the charts and radio.

THIS :agree:  :agree:  :agree:

Honestly none of Lana's albums are sad to me. I would never describe her music as depressive.

For me it's the opposide but it makes me feel less alone.

Sometimes I have really bad thoughts but it makes me a little bit happy.

Mfhp.gif

Do we need a disclaimer at the top of the site to remind everyone that replying to geek version can only lead to two pages of off-topic arguing while he's cackling somewhere in Germany?