white gold

Does your family know about Lana?

My entire family knows way too much. My whole life revolves around her since two years and I'm completely exuberant about it, I don't want to hide her and I don't care about anyone's opinion about her anyway, I was like this before but I love her and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I'm super mega lucky I guess because they're accepting of it, my mom bought me tickets without hesitating because she knows I would have imploded if I couldn't have went so it's bittersweet, and in general they're kind of ok with the whole thing, as long as I don't push it in their face which is exactly what I'm burning to do. They don't understand what is stanning. They think liking someone's music is the only thing valid and anything more is too much...

I think my very catholic parents are more annoyed by the fact that I'm in love with a girl than the fact it's Lana herself. I've been a fan of so many things they probably think it'll pass as well idk. But they make much less fun of me than they use before and my dad is a pretty big Honeymoon stan (and I hate his fckn guts, coincidence lmao? daddyissues.mp3), always playing it in the car, when usually my parents hate what I'm a fan of. And they see how much time I spend doing edits, my mom's always like oh my god stop working! But it's not even work for me, not really, I do it because I adore her and it relaxes me idk. I do think music my parents like passed on to me but I'm extremely different from my family and much, much less French, I built my culture mostly by myself and I used to hate Lana so it's definitely not coming from them. I'm proud to love her now, I'm glad I went past my first stupid judgment. But yah my family doesn't understands at all why I love her but at least they respect it, I'm just sad because I don't have irl friends because I'm SO into her and all my internet friends are fans of her and my siblings don't get her at all, basically everyone thinks it's a phase and that's what hurts. At least I have her so :whatever:

ZKcaooE.png

My 10 yo niece once couldn't stop singing Be My Daddy bc I played it non-stop in my room. I'm so glad my mom doesn't really understand most of what I'm playing cause she will seriously whoop my ass. :toofunny:

I also converted my 13 year old niece into a Lana stan.. just so I can have someone to stan with. 

Yes. I'm a lonely person and a terrible aunt. :judgingu:

my daughter sings "you can be my daddy tonight" all the time and she's 3  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Yes my sister actually introduced her to me in 2012 and I thought her music was a little bit slow because I was 12 and more into faster paced stuff but I relistened to her stuff in 2014 with uv and loved it all

Tbh I don't think anybody has a decent music taste when they're 12

Yes my sister actually introduced her to me in 2012 and I thought her music was a little bit slow because I was 12 and more into faster paced stuff but I relistened to her stuff in 2014 with uv and loved it all

Tbh I don't think anybody has a decent music taste when they're 12

you are not wrong. or maybe they just are not ready to appreciate the good stuff.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

R68qSkt.png?1

My mom on Messenger: 

To expand your Lana knowledge: "What's the title of the track Lana Delray composed for the Jaguar Fkipe launching?" (I don't know how to spell fkipe): the answer is: Burnng deseire.

Ok she knows nothing about Lana. She never heard one of her song and never asked me to play one, even though she knows I'm a big fan. I bet she heard that question on a Sunday morning cheezy TV show with some random quizzes and promotion of useless but funky garlic peelers and I was right.

Just the fact that my 59 year old mom paused her program, took her iPhone, opened the Facebook app and typed this message the best she could with her broken English and lack of internet skills is absolutely adorable <3

"Lana Delray"...

"Jaguar Fkipe"......

"Burnng deseire"

:toofunny:

my dad definitely likes lana more than my mom. he takes me to UO to get the vinyl records, he even wanted to take me to her concert on the Endless Summer. we listen to her in the car, too. my mom will listen but if Lana hits one note too high, shell literally hit the on/off button to make it stop

giphy.gif

It was 2013 and i was in the car with my mom and Summertime Sadness Cedric Gervais Remix was playing, and prior to this event I was a lana fan since early 2012 when I heard/saw her in the H&M commercial. So I started singing along and my mom said "Oh do you know this girl?"  :toofunny: I was like "yeah she's my favorite singer her name is Lana Del Rey" . And my mom was like "Wow she sounds beautiful but sad"  :defeated: Since then Lana comes up in conversation when we are in the car and she asks me why they don't play her on the radio that much and she thinks shes beautiful but her music is too sad to listen to, she supports my adornment for her and one wall of my room is basically covered in her photos and a giant poster so yeah lol.

Oh boy do they know...  :toofunny: 

When I still lived at my folks they sometimes wondered how I could listen to such "depressing and sad" music non-stop all the time... but they do know that Lana means a great deal to me so they don't talk back at me anymore if I'm listening to Lana a lot when I'm visiting them. And when I lived with them and didn't have any source of money, they paid most of my Lana stuff which I'm still thankful for :worship:  I was so glad when the last time my mom called me she actually wanted to make sure if I had been talking about attending Lana's concert and showed interest. Their attitude definitely was a bit negative at first but luckily it has changed now

They all know I love Lana but I doubt that anyone listens to her part from me ofc.

When I first got interested, I decided to play Born to die-Paradise on Spotify in the living room so I could decide if I should buy the record or not. I remember that dad listened with me and reeeaaaallly loved Ride (so did I and it's still one of my faves ♥), he really liked her dark voice, the moody beginning and how it lifted at the end. I'm not sure if he liked any other song that much (he had aphasia (from a brain tumour)  which means he couldn't form words and sentences properly, so he didn't talk, but I understood by his face expressions and smiles). I think mom heard some songs too and thought Lana were different singers, as in a group, because. You know, Lana easily changes her voice from light to dark. Mom was impressed.

And no, I was not ready for that "my pussy taste like Pepsi cola". That moment felt emberassing even though I'm sure I was the only one who heard it.  :toofunny:

Both of my brothers follow me on Twitter, so they know how much I spazz about her. One of them likes "Million Dollar Man", but that's it I think. I made my other brother's fiancée interested in Lana too and I know she likes Video Games and have heard Lust For Life as well.

But when a new record drops, I like to play it out loud in the living room or in the kitchen (the kitchen radio has a record player) for myself. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

oh yes they do

my sisters are the ones that got me into lana in the first place but they're both away at college now so im the only lana fan in the house. my mom thinks all her music is depressing and doesn't like when i play it out loud lmao

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

Yep, my mum and brother both think Video Games and Ride are great songs. Don't think either of them have ever listened to a full album though  :poordat:

When I played Honeymoon in the car last summer by brother asked what had happened to Lana and said she'd kind of fallen off the map  :poordat:

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

yes they all know about her

• my godfather once gave me a big poster of her (for my bday) and he framed it later, and i didn't even knew about the gift
  • my godmother always tells me that it's so nice that i still stan her after YEARS and everyone says that she sings very well, she also enjoys some songs of her too
  • mom didn't liked her at the beggining due to lana's positive viewing towards americans (me neither i hate most of these americans but what can i do about her lovely voice?? lol) but she approves her - "at least you aren't into justin bieber and those stuff"
  • mom loves 'young & beautiful'
  • my grandma - may she rest in peace - LOVED her and she always told me that if she came to my country i would go to her shows even if she didn't came to my city
  • same grandma told me that she would pay a M&G to meet lana
  • dad got annoyed over her bc she cancelled the brian wilson colab that time and he's a huge the beach boys fan
  • my dad got very happy when i begun to stan her because, before lana, lady gaga was my idol and he HATES HER SO DAMN MUCH
  • in his logic i would forget gaga. but i stopped stanning her before i stanned lana but anyway it worked
  • dad's ex-girlfriend loved LOLITA and BLUE JEANS
  • grandpa and godfather thinks that she is pretty

BONUS

• my late doggo destroyed a printed pic i had 
  • they always helped me to buy merch even though it's expensive, my late grandma mainly bc she had the same love for another singer (a brazilian one lol) and she had LOTS AND LOTS OF MERCH goddamit, lots of repeated cds too lmao
  • once - the same - grandma asked me if she was heterosexual ("she looks gay" she said) 

once i stopped a lunch to watch MTWBT lmaoooooo granny got so mad on me but she got it later

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u