NamiraWilhelm

What Are You Reading?

this thread reminded me that i started reading a book.. a month ago, i read 13 pages and tossed it on the shelf. my goal was to read atleast 3 books through summer, welll thats not gonna happen

generated blinkie

2 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

All I can say is good luck with Moby Dick if you're finding it takes you ages to finish The Sun Also Rises. Moby Dick is the only book I never finished, it's so long and descriptive and ... I won't say any more :thumb2:

That's so funny cause I really like Moby Dick  so far haha I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. I love descriptive prose, and biblical subtext.

I managed to finish TSAR and I liked it too, I thought it really picked up at the end. Maybe I just should've picked a different book to start with Hemingway 

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

6 minutes ago, Lasso said:

That's so funny cause I really like Moby Dick  so far haha I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. I love descriptive prose, and biblical subtext.

I managed to finish TSAR and I liked it too, I thought it really picked up at the end. Maybe I just should've picked a different book to start with Hemingway 

Ohh interesting! I love both of those things too but it just never clicked with me :horror2: I might have to try again at some point! 

Old Man and the Sea was the first Hemingway book I read and a good starting point! He and Melville are almost polar opposite writers (I'm sure there's a quote from Hemingway about how he prefers to write with less words), so it must be a real trip reading one after the other 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

"Calendar stories" by J. P. Hebel

it's #17 of the series "insel taschenbuch" and my goal is to read all availabe books of that series in order (which is impossible, because there are over 5000 titles now :deadbanana:)

I just finished Regeneration by Pat Barker, and waiting for the copy of the sequel that I ordered is driving me crazy. Might actually go into my list of all time favorites, but I'll need to reread before saying that for sure.

I finished reading My Dark Vanessa awhile ago and it got me in a huge reading slump. 

I rated it 5* but it was so hard for me to get through and basically extremely triggering. 

I read Create Dangerously by Albert Camus right after to "cleanse" myself, it's just a really short essay (a speech he gave), and then I started reading Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto and even though I'm enjoying it I just can't get past half way ... just finding it hard to get past the feelings from MDV 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide