Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm sorry but how could Lust for Life be her magnus opus? Remember Coachella, Love and Lust for Life are on it lmao. Of course there are gonna be some masterpieces but no way it's gonna be her best work to me :bye2: :oprah3:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I'm sorry but how could Lust for Life be her magnus opus? Remember Coachella, Love and Lust for Life are on it lmao. Of course there are gonna be some masterpieces but no way it's gonna be her best work to me :bye2: :oprah3:

Coachella, Lust for Life, and Love are great.

giphy.gif

and you have GAR, FMWUTTT, MPG, UV, FK on it yet you call it a masterpiece.

giphy.gif

You were so obsessed with reaching 2000 pages

That there was nothing left on the release day and, baby, that's a shame

You were so obsessed with reaching 2000 pages

You did it all for fame, you did it all for fame

You did it all for fame

Baby, how's that treating you now?

Now you can't post anymore (without first being approved by a moderater)

Baby, hows life feeling now?

still cryin

When you go to sleep and everybody is having a glitter party without you

tumblr_mmhui4OjiO1qbyi1io1_500.gif

u didnt wanna be there

It might be only me but the 'fuck' before the cherry chorus sounds cool to me.

Kids were having fun & it got out of hand. They filled more than 10-20 pages with sparkle text just to reach 2k pages before the album drops.

it wasnt worth :crossed:

I've been thinking about the scrapped tracks lately, and I just thought that Roses Bloom For You might not be any longer than what's in the video we already have. I mean, it's supposed to be an intro, so I can see it being only one minute long. Moreover, the video that was posted has a pretty good audio quality, so I don't think we miss that much about this special song.

About Yosemite, my heart is broken, it seemed to be the perfect track to me: an acoustic, peaceful and desert-like love song, done in one take, in which Lana does high notes and has a vulnerable voice, with this beautiful title and these beautiful lyrics. :lange: I hope so much that we'll have an EP by the end of the year but I highly doubt it. Also, when she talks about the 4 songs that were ultimately scrapped, I don't think she includes Roses Bloom For You and Wild One in it. There must be a lot of outtakes for this era, maybe several dozens, I don't know. When referring to these 4 tracks, she probably talks about songs that really were intended to be on the record until the last minute - Yosemite, Architecture and two others.

@Groupie Lover SR is an acronym for a song that was recorded in early 2016, which Eclipse had heard at the time. He described it as a dark song, similar to Honeymoon, but with horror-movie vibes. I also think it'll leak sooner or later, but it might take time. :um3:

Also, has anyone noticed the noise at the end of Groupie Love? After she finishes the last chorus, one can hear a crowd screaming. I find it quite cool because it's discreet and related to the theme of the song.

Tbh I don't really care for another video..idk why

Yeah, I feel the same, I don't know why. I was so thirsty for music videos during the Honeymoon era, and now I just never think about it unless somebody reminds me of all the music videos that have been shot. I think that's because she trolled us so much in the past, now it's hard to build hope and trust for new material when you know how uninterested in promotion she is. I mean, during the Born To Die era, she used to talk about music videos for Dark Paradise, Radio, a professional one for Carmen... :air: And that wasn't a problem because we had such amazing videos at the time. But then, she kept acting that way, when she announced a music video for Cola, when she delayed Tropico for months and months, when she teased the PWYC video, when she sabotaged the Ultraviolence and Honeymoon eras' visuals, when she talked about a Tropico part 2 that never came... :krylie:

I was so hyped for the Love video because we heard of it last summer, and we finally got to see the video, it's really good, but I feel... indifferent to the videos that might, or might not, come. I'm just happy we are getting a new album in 6 days - and what you guys wrote about the snippets made me so hyped for it. :really:

I think we should all talk about lanas Magnus opus betty boop boop and how it should of been on lfl with its political message "I'm gonna save the world" to its dismal tone of voice in Lana which reflects her dismay with the political affairs going on between country lines

I'm looking up this Meek Mill guy, his last album debuted at #1 in the US with over 200k sales in the first week (bombed in all other regions tho). 

tumblr_nylct8VaiF1tfn6k7o1_500.gif?resiz

But we good though, Lana's pre order is selling high above his in the US (still #1 on iTunes) and he put his up a day after. Lana is more relevant and has a bigger fanbase, I've literally never heard of this guy and I'm American, his new album will flop hard.

tenor.gif

Not feeling the may jailer esque songs at all she is terrible at folk to me her only noteworthy folk song from that era is bad disease

That's right but she changed a lot in 12 years and I think the best tracks on the record might be the acoustic ones, because she improved so much vocally and she works with such talented composers and producers now - and she herself is also one - that she might find the right melodies, lyrics and productions to give us moving, beautiful and raw songs. I expected Yosemite to be one, but... :krylie:

Also, I kinda like Drive By and Out With A Bang. But I couldn't differentiate the other tracks between them lmao

Not feeling the may jailer esque songs at all she is terrible at folk to me her only noteworthy folk song from that era is bad disease

You just need to listen to them more.

I think Lana could snag a nomination for best pop vocal album at the 2018 Grammys

tenor.gif

The problem is, even if she is nominated she won't attend so it's like what's the point...

I cried while listening to Coachella today. My opinion of it has changed, happy it's on the album now. Sorry for those who don't feel that way as I once did :heart:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I cried while listening to Coachella today. My opinion of it has changed, happy it's on the album now. Sorry for those who don't feel that way as I once did :heart:

still waiting for this to happen to me :/

waiting too, I wish I never heard "Best American Record" still upset it's not on the record, anyways anyone of you guys got the other version of Summer Bummer?

yFSfc8m.jpg