Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Sure the July date has been more realistic for a while now but it still doesn't change the fact that they've handled this release date mess very badly. Ben's answer was discordant with Paris Match already mentioning the July 21st date  - or he/they didn't know the magazine was out(?). And what about them cutting it from Ted's interview when it was already out on the mentioned Paris Match issue? Jesus...  :facepalm:

Also if Lana was aware of the rumours of the record coming out tomorrow, she should've announced the date earlier and better. Instead of a tweet which seems sort of negligent because of its short length (and not even posting it anywhere else), she surely could've just written one of those letters of hers and uploaded a picture of it, telling she's aware of the speculation and drama and letting us know the date properly. And yeah I'm acknowledging that it's not her duty or anything, I just think she could've done it... well, a lot better  :crossed:

If there's 2 months of waiting ahead of us they better release a couple more songs (like Cherry for example), yet not too many because it's not that fun listening to an album which you've pretty much already heard. One pop singer in my country released a 10-track album last year and 6 of those were released as singles, and with 2 more being performed live for a long time there were basically only 2 new tracks on the record. Needless to say that I got over the album very quickly. Knowing Lana's team though there's no threat of that happening, but if they're gonna release a couple more songs Cherry should be one of them. I'm hoping that Cherry won't turn out to be another Body Electric though, since BE was a lot better live and the studio version is mostly boring compared to it. 

In short: they better improve or these next 2 months are going to be long and boring

giphy.gif

Im guessing the erratic behavior is because they literally had not decided concretely until one or two days ago

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

Guys I think that Rob doesn't know anything and just post it because Lana did.

I thought about it too lol

I'm just hoping that her next Instagram post will be about the date and not a "copy and paste" sorta situation of the tweet  :flutter:  :creep:

Lana was probably in bed with a hangover and texted Rob like "hey dad, can you confirm the date on your Insta? These gays are getting on my nerves. K thnx. Xx"

This honestly had me dead.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

the fuk i've just seen her tweet i didn't even notice it..... tbh if it leaked i'd listen to it!! i'm so pissed :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

If it's really a joke, I can already imagine waking up tomorrow and seeing that the whole Lana fanbase is on fire and having a meltdown because the album was released early as an surprise. But you know, at this point I really just want to focus on the date she actually gave us before I am going to be disappointed. But I wonder if Lana would like sit in front her computer right now, logging into Lanaboards and look what the gays are saying about her now after she tweeted the date.