Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I still think something is off... I find it interesting that during her previous releases she would change her bios to "New album Ultraviolence out June blah" or "honeymoon out September 18". This is just a half assed tweet. Not necessarily denying the words from her own mouth but feel like something is fishy about it

Why is everyone getting uptight with May 26th believers for? We had lots of proof it could have been released then with all the recent promo, websites saying May 26th, people calling music stores, Lana not telling Ted the date in the interview, Dazed saying it will be coming in spring.

I mean, when we've waited this long of course we're gonna get a little pissed, especially since Lana announced it like that on Twitter. It would have been nice to have been told earlier, in a more professional manner.

I can't speak for everyone but I am grateful, just wish this era could have been more clearer.

After the July date there was simply no way it could have been May. While spring was first said after we found there was nothing on any system or any due announcement for over a month it clearly couldn't have been May. She wouldn't have announced it two days before.

I get y'all want to defend Lana, she can release it whenever, but don't deny this is a fucking messy approach. It's not fair on fans either. Just tryna get my words in before leaked_version logs in to act high and mighty and i have to go kill myself

giphy.gif

I still think something is off... I find it interesting that during her previous releases she would change her bios to "New album Ultraviolence out June blah" or "honeymoon out September 18". This is just a half assed tweet. Not necessarily denying the words from her own mouth but feel like something is fishy about it

yeah and she still hasn't announced it on instagram either. She just said it in the tackiest way possible on twitter. strange.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

she did pin the tweet though

smile.gif

^ As a k-pop fan, I've seen much messier (and ugly) announcements, I'm ok with this. 2 months is nothing, I just hope people won't be rude and try to leak it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Why is everyone getting uptight with May 26th believers for? We had lots of proof it could have been released then with all the recent promo, websites saying May 26th, people calling music stores, Lana not telling Ted the date in the interview, Dazed saying it will be coming in spring.

I mean, when we've waited this long of course we're gonna get a little pissed, especially since Lana announced it like that on Twitter. It would have been nice to have been told earlier, in a more professional manner.

I can't speak for everyone but I am grateful, just wish this era could have been more clearer.

i totally get what you're saying! i was hoping for may 26 also and i was a believer too. too many hints at it, but i'm not upset about the july date and i was laughing at her announcement. i just don't take it too serious i guess.

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

I definitely agree with you on this part and I thought about that too. I thought it was kind of bizarre how she put the release date online with not that much clarity. For all we know, maybe she's having dinner with her family on that date. And not every fan has Twitter, like me, I don't use Twitter. If I wasn't a frequent Lanaboards visitor or Instagram user following Lana Del Rey fan pages, I wouldn't know anything about the release date. I hope this album is going to be so good that we will even forget about the extra two months waiting time.

Ok, but what was this ben's pathetic attempt to lie to us?  :eartha:

He could have easily just said the album is delayed until July 21st b/c Lana wanted to add things or something rather than just tell us the album was unfinished altogether and not give any indication of a date considering we had it in Paris Match and they went of their way to edit it out of the Ted thing. Maybe he really was unsure or he just didn't want to take anymore heat from Lana fans, either way unprofessional. What a mess. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

^ As a k-pop fan, I've seen much messier (and ugly) announcements, I'm ok with this. 2 months is nothing, I just hope people won't be rude and try to leak it.

There's no doubt it'll leak lol, i don't think it'll make it to july.

giphy.gif

I get y'all want to defend Lana, she can release it whenever, but don't deny this is a fucking messy approach. It's not fair on fans either. Just tryna get my words in before leaked_version logs in to act high and mighty and i have to go kill myself

It was messy I guess but 90% of the mess was us. We came up with all the dates and theories (it's coming on the new moon! Her birthday! Spring 2018!). It's like we were given a cake and told it cut it up and share it but someone decided to put their fist through it.

Lana didn't really do anything, so it's not like she was "messy" or even inconvient really (it's just an album I suppose haha). We should have just given her more space rather than trying to dig up dirt that didn't exist.

Inb4 leaked_version

Ben like two days ago: IT'S NOT FINISHED YOU'LL GET THE RELEASE DATE WHEN IT IS

Lana the day after: It's suddenly finished fam see you in two months

Who's lying

giphy.gif

As much as i'd rather her release it herself without leaks, she's not stupid enough to not think it'll leak by planning it that far ahead but she obviously doesn't care so i'll be happily sunbathing listening to LFL by mid june anyway  :hooker:

giphy.gif

Lana was probably in bed with a hangover and texted Rob like "hey dad, can you confirm the date on your Insta? These gays are getting on my nerves. K thnx. Xx"

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Sure the July date has been more realistic for a while now but it still doesn't change the fact that they've handled this release date mess very badly. Ben's answer was discordant with Paris Match already mentioning the July 21st date  - or he/they didn't know the magazine was out(?). And what about them cutting it from Ted's interview when it was already out on the mentioned Paris Match issue? Jesus...  :facepalm:

Also if Lana was aware of the rumours of the record coming out tomorrow, she should've announced the date earlier and better. Instead of a tweet which seems sort of negligent because of its short length (and not even posting it anywhere else), she surely could've just written one of those letters of hers and uploaded a picture of it, telling she's aware of the speculation and drama and letting us know the date properly. And yeah I'm acknowledging that it's not her duty or anything, I just think she could've done it... well, a lot better  :crossed:

If there's 2 months of waiting ahead of us they better release a couple more songs (like Cherry for example), yet not too many because it's not that fun listening to an album which you've pretty much already heard. One pop singer in my country released a 10-track album last year and 6 of those were released as singles, and with 2 more being performed live for a long time there were basically only 2 new tracks on the record. Needless to say that I got over the album very quickly. Knowing Lana's team though there's no threat of that happening, but if they're gonna release a couple more songs Cherry should be one of them. I'm hoping that Cherry won't turn out to be another Body Electric though, since BE was a lot better live and the studio version is mostly boring compared to it. 

In short: they better improve or these next 2 months are going to be long and boring

giphy.gif