Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Era buzz ruined- I was so hyped now i'm kind of disinterested in this whole era. I'm still gonna buy and stream the fuck out of the album when it's out but I'm honestly not even interested in the lead up to it anymore because we all know she won't do shit for promo, I love her and will always defend her when necessary but Universal/Ben/Lana sis you fucked up.

I don't even want 2/3 more singles before the album release, I would've preferred to only have 2 songs because I hate listening to albums and already knowing like 4 songs  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

giphy.gif

honestly if we don't get deluxe tracks this era or have a mediocre HM boxset again...  :eartha2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

This will no doubt be an overly drawn out tedious release, by the time we get the album we will have heard half of it already, we've already heard 4 songs, she'll prob officially release 2 more [as she mentioned in that interview] which is a real buzz kill once it all finally hits in July and we won't have a FULL new album because a big chunk of it wil be months old, But oh well, nothing much we can do I guess. At least we finally have a date.

Lana did it wrong with this leak. She could've said she will release Young And In Love as a single and release LFL as the lead single in April. I truely enjoyed UV & HM era more.

Mfhp.gif

This album better have 16 or more tracks if she's gonna make us wait this fucking long

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

If you're throwing this entire era in the trash for a highly reasonable release date you really need to re-evaluate your thought process.

We only JUST got the second single. Sure the first was released in February but that was only because it was leaked. And we're probably at LEAST getting two more singles. And music videos.

She has given you guys the WORLD this era. Two songs, two music videos, four magazine covers with MORE upcoming, a livestream, seperate projects to be announced, tons of social media updates, half the tracklist, legendary collaborations (STEVEVIIE FUKIN NICKKKKSSSS), told people to go fuck themselves...

And you're genuinely telling me you can't be patient?

Cmon. We're all better than that.

(And no sympathy if you genuinely thought it was coming out on Friday)

I agree maybe we're being a little bit dramatic but i wouldn't describe this release date as 'reasonable' lmao. It's almost as though her team are asking for a leak at this point

To be fair, what made me think it was coming Friday was the amazon link showing it as the release date, but as we got closer I became more skeptical.  But I don't think it's right to attack everyone who thought it was coming the 26th, considering all the sources that said it and the record stores people have called and emailed.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I think I would be okay with the release date if it weren't being kept from us like asking Ted to edit it out during the interview etc.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I agree maybe we're being a little bit dramatic but i wouldn't describe this release date as 'reasonable' lmao. It's almost as though her team are asking for a leak at this point

Won't lie, Lana's private content is never "asking" to leak at any point. It's her private content, people shouldn't be illegally obtaining her property.

It's very reasonable. If someone made a genuine timeline comparison to other eras it would probably be quite similar ( if not, SLIGHTLY longer).

Some of you really need to take a breath.  Log off for a bit.  Watch some TV.  Pet a dog.  The album release isn't going to end your life.  Stop.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

not only that, but you all should be grateful you are getting an album less than two years after honeymoon. it's not uncommon for artists to wait way longer than two years. the two months are not ruining your life or her career....but oh well, i know you all are gonna have meltdowns either way lol carry on!

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

if waiting two months is really such a big deal to you guys you have let lana del rey take over too much of your life

find a hobby, two months ain't so bad

but... but

unfair.gif

nothing is so important that i can't wait two months for it- the wait isn't the problem. the problem is that she's been so messy announcing it, not even having a preorder, 'announcing it' in a magazine and then not saying anything for two weeks. love and the LFL video have leaked this era. that's 2/3 things on the album, leaked before we even had a preorder or release date. Her album is gonna leak before July at this point- that's the problem. she wants to release her own stuff but at the same time is doing the equivalent of leaving the mixed cd on the bus, i can tell this era is so improvised and unplanned there is no structure to it, no matter how many glossy photo shoots there are to give the illusion. and that's the truth.

giphy.gif

I have mixed feelings about the release date. While I actually appreciate Lana for telling us the release date, I am also a bit disappointed. For months we have been waiting for the release date, we have been speculating a lot and then Lana throws the release date online, and we find out we still need to wait for another two months. I was kinda hoping it would be released today, maybe it was some sort of hope. But atleast we know how long we still have to wait, and luckily it wasn't delayed for six months more and as her fan, I don't mind waiting two months. If it isn't finished yet, it isn't finished and we just have to accept it, I guess.

Why is everyone getting uptight with May 26th believers for? We had lots of proof it could have been released then with all the recent promo, websites saying May 26th, people calling music stores, Lana not telling Ted the date in the interview, Dazed saying it will be coming in spring.

I mean, when we've waited this long of course we're gonna get a little pissed, especially since Lana announced it like that on Twitter. It would have been nice to have been told earlier, in a more professional manner.

I can't speak for everyone but I am grateful, just wish this era could have been more clearer.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

not only that, but you all should be grateful you are getting an album less than two years after honeymoon. it's not uncommon for artists to wait way longer than two years. the two months are not ruining your life or her career....but oh well, i know you all are gonna have meltdowns either way lol carry on!

An album in less than two years with STEVIE FUKIN NICKS on it.