Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Whenever I hear random people (in real life) talking about Lana it's always about how "depressing" her songs are and how they want to commit suicide after listening. When Love came out, people were annoyed with it being on Spotify/AM playlists because it was such a downer. People just don't like her; she's a niche artist.

Hmm this is sadly true.

My co-workers hate it when I play her songs. I played "the other woman" (uv version) so much by now they are really sick of it. But It just makes me feel so special, it's literally the soundtrack to my life

5xle.jpg

Hmm this is sadly true.

My co-workers hate it when I play her songs. I played "the other woman" (uv version) so much by now they are really sick of it. But It just makes me feel so special, it's literally the soundtrack to my life

5xle.jpg

Oh ! Can we hear your interpretation somewhere ?

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Oh ! Can we hear your interpretation somewhere ?

I'm just with a guy who was married to someone else for a long time, so it's just literal.

Although I got him heh

Whenever I hear random people (in real life) talking about Lana it's always about how "depressing" her songs are and how they want to commit suicide after listening. When Love came out, people were annoyed with it being on Spotify/AM playlists because it was such a downer. People just don't like her; she's a niche artist.

yup. whenever i sit in the garden in the sun I like playing Lana music because it's soothing but people are always like 'ugh turn off this funeral music' and then want me to play mainstream music from the charts. wish more people appreciated her but it's also kinda cool that she's a cult favorite 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

yup. whenever i sit in the garden in the sun I like playing Lana music because it's soothing but people are always like 'ugh turn off this funeral music' and then want me to play mainstream music from the charts. wish more people appreciated her but it's also kinda cool that she's a cult favorite

Reminds me of the time I played Music To Watch Boys To in the car and my mum said to turn it off because it was depressing. Guess some people can tell the difference between an ethereal masterpiece and a sad song... :pft:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Reminds me of the time I played Music To Watch Boys To in the car and my mum said to turn it off because it was depressing. Guess some people can tell the difference between an ethereal masterpiece and a sad song... :pft:

Your mom need to hear UV or Pretty When You Cry to know what sad songs are like, lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It just baffles me that people find Love depressing. It's honestly such a beautiful, optimistic song...

It just baffles me that people find Love depressing. It's honestly such a beautiful, optimistic song...

They're not actually listening lol. It just sounds very monotoned to them when compared to what is popular now! That and they probably already have preconceived notions about Lana if they have heard of her lol.

I honestly don't understand how people can be so ignorant towards such beautiful music. I was downstairs watching tv with my family yesterday and Lust For Life came on, and they were all like "why do you like this? It's so slow and dreary, it's making me wanna cut". And i'm like whatttttt? It's like nobody actually pays atention to lyrics anymore. Also the fact that she kills herself in the video didn't help either... though i tried explaining that it was just a metaphore about diving into the unknown and coming out on the bright side but they still didn't get it. Eugh it makes me so madd.

Watch Lana get apprieciated a million times more once she dies... it happens all the time. They'll be like "aww we loved her songs blah blah blah"

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I honestly don't understand how people can be so ignorant towards such beautiful music. I was downstairs watching tv with my family yesterday and Lust For Life came on, and they were all like "why do you like this? It's so slow and dreary, it's making me wanna cut". And i'm like whatttttt? It's like nobody actually pays atention to lyrics anymore. Also the fact that she kills herself in the video didn't help either... though i tried explaining that it was just a metaphore about diving into the unknown and coming out on the bright side but they still didn't get it. Eugh it makes me so madd.

Watch Lana get apprieciated a million times more once she dies... it happens all the time. They'll be like "aww we loved her songs blah blah blah"

She should've released an album consisting of unreleased bops like Every Man Gets His Wish, Driving In Cars With Boys, Put The Radio On, Serial Killer, Go Go Dancer, Resistance, Back To Tha Basics etc. either in 2013 or in 2016 to get rid of that snoozy/suicidal image.  :hooker:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Lust For Life is like one of her least slow and dreary songs?? The lyrics are really sweet too, c'mon! ( > 3 < ) I guess I understand people who don't like her music because I usually judge a song by its melody (especially if it's playing in the background and I don't care about the lyrics) and if it's not appealing to me, then... (   > __ > ) If the song sounds nice, I give the lyrics a try. (Except for my favourite artists ofc, I always listen to their lyrics, this applies more to radio songs they keep on repeat) But great lyrics can really lift a song to another level.

I remember that I played Summertime Sadness for some high school classmates on one evening during our trip to Dublin and they didn't recognise it until someone realized it was that remix they had all heard. Ugh. I just wanted them to know the real song, the real feelings the lyrics give, because honestly, that remix do no favour to the lyrics at all. Kristijan Majic is more or less the only guy who makes remixes that fit the feelings the lyrics want to tell. He's a Lana remix god. ♥ Fucked my way up to the top is like... a sparkling jewel among all the Lana remixes. His are better than the official ones, I don't know why Universal won't hire him to do the remixes (or however it works).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

THIS. And its going to make me so sad and angry when it happens. When Bowie died I had people on my facebook (who had made fun of me to my face when we were in school for liking Bowie) sharing his songs and writing 'heartfelt' messages. I don't even get why people do stuff like that.

Lust For Life is like one of her least slow and dreary songs?? The lyrics are really sweet too, c'mon! ( > 3 < ) I guess I understand people who don't like her music because I usually judge a song by its melody (especially if it's playing in the background and I don't care about the lyrics) and if it's not appealing to me, then... (   > __ > ) If the song sounds nice, I give the lyrics a try. (Except for my favourite artists ofc, I always listen to their lyrics, this applies more to radio songs they keep on repeat) But great lyrics can really lift a song to another level.

I remember that I played Summertime Sadness for some high school classmates on one evening during our trip to Dublin and they didn't recognise it until someone realized it was that remix they had all heard. Ugh. I just wanted them to know the real song, the real feelings the lyrics give, because honestly, that remix do no favour to the lyrics at all. Kristijan Majic is more or less the only guy who makes remixes that fit the feelings the lyrics want to tell. He's a Lana remix god. ♥ Fucked my way up to the top is like... a sparkling jewel among all the Lana remixes. His are better than the official ones, I don't know why Universal won't hire him to do the remixes (or however it works).

I want @@butterflies to produce LDR6.  :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

THIS. And its going to make me so sad and angry when it happens. When Bowie died I had people on my facebook (who had made fun of me to my face when we were in school for liking Bowie) sharing his songs and writing 'heartfelt' messages. I don't even get why people do stuff like that.

bc everything in capitalism can become something that ppl sell. I mean, ppl bashed Amy calling her a "drunk slut" and stuff, but when she died, a lot of ppl used her death to promote their image and ppl wrote e lot of books telling her story. The death of an artist is just one object that capitalism sells (and a lot). Remember MJ?Ppl used to say that he was a pedophile, but after he died, they've changed his image completely just to sell "his songs" (I mean, a lot of ppl made a song with him, AND HE WAS FUCKING DEAD) and biographies. People are shitty af

And Prince too. Such a tragedy when good music isn't appreciated until after the artist passes away. :(

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

bc everything in capitalism can become something that ppl sell. I mean, ppl bashed Amy calling her a "drunk slut" and stuff, but when she died, a lot of ppl used her death to promote their image and ppl wrote e lot of books telling her story. The death of an artist is just one object that capitalism sells (and a lot). Remember MJ?Ppl used to say that he was a pedophile, but after he died, they've changed his image completely just to sell "his songs" (I mean, a lot of ppl made a song with him, AND HE WAS FUCKING DEAD) and biographies. People are shitty af

You are so fucking right. I just can't understand the mentality. I never listened to MJ much and nor did I after he died apart from what was blasted constantly on music channels and radio until the hype died. But I knew countless people who were all of a sudden massive long time fans. I guess it says more about us than the people selling it to us.

You are so fucking right. I just can't understand the mentality. I never listened to MJ much and nor did I after he died apart from what was blasted constantly on music channels and radio until the hype died. But I knew countless people who were all of a sudden massive long time fans. I guess it says more about us than the people selling it to us.

I think it says a lot of us and a lot of the ppl who use someone's death to sell a product. Our image is the product that we try to sell all the time