Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

200_s.gif

got it... still underwhelming

thanks mama visage 4 ur input & critiques

SHIT I'M ALWAYS LATE

u aint late for an event that hasnt started sis

If she is changing it, I'll be really happy

I really like the concept of the cover- it being reminiscent of Born to Die, but also being the opposite.

But I just couldn't bring myself to fully love the album cover. Her smile just seemed forced, her makeup wasn't that great, and the overall photo was okay at best - I've said it before and I'll say it again, it looks like a screenshot from the Love video pasted in front of a Green Trunk and was just way too clumped together.

I'll always love how Nicole captured Lana's smile, for example:

Lana-Del-Rey-Lofficiel-Paris-08.jpg

There is one thing though, that I really want and that's her iconic font. I wouldn't mind if she did what she did with HM and had her name in the original font and then the album title in another. Nevertheless, I hope what we get is good.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

If she is changing it, I'll be really happy

I really like the concept of the cover- it being reminiscent of Born to Die, but also being the opposite.

But I just couldn't bring myself to fully love the album cover. Her smile just seemed forced, her makeup wasn't that great, and the overall photo was okay at best - I've said it before and I'll say it again, it looks like a screenshot from the Love video pasted in front of a Green Trunk and was just way too clumped together.

I'll always love how Nicole captured Lana's smile, for example:

Lana-Del-Rey-Lofficiel-Paris-08.jpg

There is one thing though, that I really want and that's her iconic font. I wouldn't mind if she did what she did with HM and had her name in the original font and then the album title in another. Nevertheless, I hope what we get is good.

The smile on this pic looks way more forced than the LFL one tho.

giphy.gif

For me, it is not the smile that is "forced/awkward" but the lips. Her lips look different, look kinda photoshopped, idk.

Nonetheless, I really liked this cover but, you know, let's see

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Album photo shoot for side B plz and thanks

(Still love the current album cover, just want another one with the album trailer's aesthetic)

:oopna:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

So each morning I have the luxury of asking myself, "What shall I cook up for the kids today?

Oct5MWP.gif

Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet?

PaUzBZW.gif

Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?"

ZNLiak0.gif

Because sometimes just being pure of heart, and having good intentions, and letting them be known is the most worthy contribution an artist can make.

aPUKPE3.gif

ruZKe8V.gif

It may be from the photoshoot she did with Chuck some months ago

Tbh, I'm not a fan of her work. I'm sure she's a fine artist (and some of her photos from the Del Ray era are really neat), but I'm just not into any of the Del Rey work she's done...like at all.

It may be from the photoshoot she did with Chuck some months ago

Tbh, I'm not a fan of her work. I'm sure she's a fine artist (and some of her photos from the Del Ray era are really neat), but I'm just not into any of the Del Rey era work she's done...like at all.

Empik, the local shop in Poland says that some changes are planned around the product, could be the cover or tracklist, that's why the album is no longer in shop available for preorder

I'm pretty sure they're not referring to the cover being changed, but to Lana delaying the album to record more songs.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Chuck is without a doubt the one and the only photographer who gets 100% both Elizabeth Grant and Lana Del Rey.

No one does it better.

No one else is even needed.

The photo on the bus is one of the greatest album covers of all time, but of course, one has to "get it" to get it.

And the photo, especially the first in the series of sail boat, scaled with Lana on the railing from High By the Beach should have won every single photographer award there was.

Can't wait for Chuck's photo book, hope she does a nationwide book tour.

and the delay was the addition of more songs.

The fact is, had it been released it was originally scheduled to, Bryson Tiller was #1, and by just using Honeymoon totals, Lana would have had the #1 album.

Hopefully there is not a major surprise by a superstar rapper on the new date, because the album should have even more sales on that date

as there are more songs that count to the total.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp