Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Shook

I thought the "lately I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care, oh my, to simpathyze when no one gave a damn" part is the chorus since it's so damn catchy and the melody is very strong. But it's actually not! There is something else still in there. Really exciting. And this was the last song she wrote for the record. I love knowing little details like that

I thought

"Change is a powerful thing

People are powerful beings

Trying to find the power in me

To be faithful"

would be the chorus and I thought it was pretty anticlimatic and kitschy. I'm glad it's seemingly not.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

You need Jesus, this booklet is SO BEAUTIFUL, she is all for aesthetic as you may already know and most of her last booklets include her, buildings, flowers, and selected colors to create a theme and a visual for when listening to this album. This Lana represents a 70’s hippie in the cover obviously. Hence the folk sound in some songs, the borders are very oldstyle. I really like the color palette she chose: Beige/Greenish/Pinkish. The trucks give me a gypsy vibe, like she has no home, she’s always on the road. Plus the architecture of the gas stations are very retro futuristic. I love it

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

I think her face looks weird on all of the pictures from the LfL booklet shoot, minus the Coachella single artwork. Not sure whether it's te pictures, the makeup or just the way she's messed with plastic surgery

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Metro Boomin & meek mill are much more successful than Lana lmao, if you don't kjnow who they are then you're just out of it

or just not American (or wherever the hell you're from)  :hooker:

Meek mill ranked 20 on Billboard once and that's the highest he's gotten . Lana ranked 6 on Billboard for the summertime sadness remix but excluding that she was at 17 for west coast . This is going to be a tough competition .

giphy.gif

Meek mill ranked 20 on Billboard once and that's the highest he's gotten . Lana ranked 6 on Billboard for the summertime sadness remix but excluding that she was at 17 for west coast . This is going to be a tough competition .

born to die,video games and I think summertime sadness were top ten singles here in the uk

Shook

I thought the "lately I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care, oh my, to simpathyze when no one gave a damn" part is the chorus since it's so damn catchy and the melody is very strong. But it's actually not! There is something else still in there. Really exciting. And this was the last song she wrote for the record. I love knowing little details like that

Pretty sure "change is a powerful thing, people are powerful beings, trying to find the power in me to be faithful" is part of the chorus

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Metro Boomin & meek mill are much more successful than Lana lmao, if you don't kjnow who they are then you're just out of it

Obviously we are into alternative pop on here, not rap so no we don't have to know :usrs:

They've both only had one #1 album and Meek's sales are usually better. There's always some rapper who comes along and snatches from Lana. But Meek will likely only get revenue from streaming and digital sales. Lana's fan base is very loyal and people feel more inclined to also purchase a box set, physical album, vinyl, etc. in addition to a digital copy of Lana's albums so she has that advantage. Her strong image and consistent aesthetic is basically the reason she can still sell without promo.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Who? Here in Brazil we dont know them :) and we know Lana a lot, so... The successful thing...

I think her face looks weird on all of the pictures from the LfL booklet shoot, minus the Coachella single artwork. Not sure whether it's te pictures, the makeup or just the way she's messed with plastic surgery

Exactly lmao. I thought one of those pics was an edit :toofunny:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Could the gas stations pics be a reference to queen of the gas station? I really like the photoshoot and imo it's better than Honeymoon's. I just wish there were more pics of lana, is it possible that there are in the physical booklet that comes with the CD?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

You need Jesus, this booklet is SO BEAUTIFUL, she is all for aesthetic as you may already know and most of her last booklets include her, buildings, flowers, and selected colors to create a theme and a visual for when listening to this album. This Lana represents a 70’s hippie in the cover obviously. Hence the folk sound in some songs, the borders are very oldstyle. I really like the color palette she chose: Beige/Greenish/Pinkish. The trucks give me a gypsy vibe, like she has no home, she’s always on the road. Plus the architecture of the gas stations are very retro futuristic. I love it

The pictures we have are beautiful, and they do have a theme to them... I just wanted more of a balance of Lana + scenery, more pictures in general, lyrics (I was expecting the whole - 1-2 lines from each song like on Honeymoon/Ultraviolence), and not messed up lyrics for Love (come on :rip: ) Like, we've got two pictures of Jack Colker's Union 76, which I've seen before in person, so its not like its new or original. You can literally find that image almost exactly on pinterest :icant:

Maybe if we had a video clip of the BTS or words about why they chose the locations they did, it would feel more special. It does seem like it holds meaning to Lana & Chuck though, so maybe we aren't meant to get it. Still, as a fan, I wish we had a better album booklet. It's just simple production value stuff that she doesn't do that keeps them from being great. Honeymoon remains my favorite booklet; it was a beautiful mix of color, aesthetics and scenery and shots of Lana that really conveyed the atmosphere of the record. This one feels a bit more disjointed. I've already preordered the CD (Signed :defeated: ) and I would regardless of if there even was a booklet, I just feel like for an artist that has such an aesthetic side to her music, her album booklets could be better. This era had amazing photoshoots for magazines and interviews and what not, but the Album cover photoshoot just doesn't do it for me tbh. 

For me, it's not even like Chuck isn't good, or doesn't take good pictures, it just seems like she doesn't pick the right pictures, but I mean its all subjective so.

Shook

I actually thought the chorus was: "Change is a powerful thing, people are powerful beings, trynna find the power in me to be faithful"

The pictures we have are beautiful, and they do have a theme to them... I just wanted more of a balance of Lana + scenery, more pictures in general, lyrics (I was expecting the whole - 1-2 lines from each song like on Honeymoon/Ultraviolence), and not messed up lyrics for Love (come on :rip: ) Like, we've got two pictures of Jack Colker's Union 76, which I've seen before in person, so its not like its new or original. You can literally find that image almost exactly on pinterest :icant:

Maybe if we had a video clip of the BTS or words about why they chose the locations they did, it would feel more special. It does seem like it holds meaning to Lana & Chuck though, so maybe we aren't meant to get it. Still, as a fan, I wish we had a better album booklet. It's just simple production value stuff that she doesn't do that keeps them from being great. Honeymoon remains my favorite booklet; it was a beautiful mix of color, aesthetics and scenery and shots of Lana that really conveyed the atmosphere of the record. This one feels a bit more disjointed. I've already preordered the CD (Signed :defeated: ) and I would regardless of if there even was a booklet, I just feel like for an artist that has such an aesthetic side to her music, her album booklets could be better. This era had amazing photoshoots for magazines and interviews and what not, but the Album cover photoshoot just doesn't do it for me tbh. 

For me, it's not even like Chuck isn't good, or doesn't take good pictures, it just seems like she doesn't pick the right pictures, but I mean its all subjective so.

I agree. I like Chuck's intent with her photos, but for me, they never seem to look right. (although I have liked some)

Quick lil edit I did

j4RkgEP.jpg

I really wish this had been the back cover.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Omg I feel stupid I thought that Lana was saying "Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds, I fall to pieces..." in Cherry but she says "Darlin'" :facepalm:

How do you know? I honestly though it was "and I, and I, and I, I fall to pieces" :rip:

Also, what are the lipster categories?

The award for most #extra should not go to one person, it should just go to this thread itself.

LIZARD PEOPLE